Why do Foreigners marry a Thai Nationals?

SoSoCNX

Just now, BritManToo said:

How about looking for a guy to travel with.

Much better company, and he'd pay his own way.

Because I still young enough to enjoy the physical side of the male female relationship. Plus my male friends are not in a position to take the winter off to travel. There wives wouldn't like it. 

• Like 1

From a material point of view, there are several possible reasons.

1: Depending on the wife's job, her foreign husband may be eligible for very good and inexpensive Thai medical insurance.

2: Property/land specifically buying, while coming with risks could now be done in the wife's name.

3:  Opens up some possible long stay visas, extension via marriage for example if one has not met the retirement extension age of 50.

And they may actually mutually like each other. 

14 hours ago, iLuvThai said:

Because I still young enough to enjoy the physical side of the male female relationship. Plus my male friends are not in a position to take the winter off to travel. There wives wouldn't like it. 

I've travelled around with a group of male drinking buddies for a few years now.

No need to have sex with them, there were always plenty of available ladies wherever we went in Asia.

Not to mention, we saved a fortune by only having to pay our own air fares, and could have sex whenever we wanted instead of the once a week a western woman would have rationed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

and could have sex whenever we wanted instead of the once a week a western woman would have rationed.

If woman regardless of where they're from is rationing out your sex, I suspect that you're doing it wrong. Plus I'm a non drinker exception for a cold beer once in awhile rarely so the last thing I desire to hang with barflies instead of seeing the sights of a new country. That's just me you're free to do what pleases you. 

Have fun. 

????????????????

3 hours ago, iLuvThai said:

If woman regardless of where they're from is rationing out your sex, I suspect that you're doing it wrong. Plus I'm a non drinker exception for a cold beer once in awhile rarely so the last thing I desire to hang with barflies instead of seeing the sights of a new country. That's just me you're free to do what pleases you. 

Have fun. 

????????????????

As a counter consideration Britman could be, or is an amazing lover/sex hound in bed, but the sexual performance problem could be with the other gender....just saying....women have sexual issues as well, they do not come packaged and operational ready problem free. 

I am on Non-OA (90 days report + annual extension by myself) and If on Non-O marriage (90 days border crossing + extension with wife or wife's letter)

Marriage registration in Thailand cost few baht but divorce cost thousands.  

Based on marriage, Thai will get easy citizenship in many countries but it is not as easy for a foreigner to get Thai citizenship.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:27 PM, SoSoCNX said:

I, for one, do not see any real benefit to a foreigner

I do not think you see or understand much at all. Have you ever considered that a marriage is to be created out of love, and not if you can benefit from your partner. Yeah, you know! Same like a marriage in most countries that not force this upon their children.

Slavic women have a saying "The man is the head, but the woman is the neck"  The head goes where the neck takes it.  I rather think that's a universal among women of all cultures.  

Edited by xeniv23
incomplete thought