Two year old boy killed in mass shooting at Lopburi shopping mall

webfact

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They should be self contained with adequate security measures & personal in place.

Not open fronted within shopping malls.

They're an open target.

Have you seen the banks here, huge  bundles of cash virtually lying around in drawers, always amazed  more banks arent held up

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

It was a semi-automatic of some kind with a moderator fitted... hence the length.

Thai news identified the weapon as a Heckler and Koch USP 9mm with silencer, military and police issue firearm. They could be wrong, but does seem a very specific description.

He left with over 500,000 baht worth of gold

The police reward of 100,000 baht has been boosted by a gold dealers group and individuals, there is now a 240,000 reward for information leading to his capture dead or alive, as police are authorised to use lethal force

None of this of course is consolation to the bereaved families.

Edited by gomangosteen

Feel very bad for the 2 year old. Not even started life yet.

Why did he have to shoot  people?

Most armed robbers only  shoot if they really have to due to someone trying to he a hero 

Real shame

Hmmmm, .... Drugs ? .... I see no other cause for shooting a 2 year old !!! ... I do not think that even hardened criminals would do it ! ? ... and this guy shot the by stander, for no reason at all, ... before he even got to the counter ! ... Like he wanted a fire fight ! and not a clever Robbery, like pull a simple clever robbery ! Leave every one alone ! Just take the stuff ! ... And you might even get away with it (If the gold shop owners do not find you first !!!) ... But this guy obviously was not thinking.

...  Like when they get him ! and I am pretty sure that they will !!! ... He is Toast I would say.

..... Drugs ! ...

Edited by Mark mark
Cut out Early ... Finishing it.

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are many Thai citizens with his size, he's not exceptionally huge like average westerner.

Furthermore, westerners can't import or carry guns (let alone a big gun) into Thailand, they would be stopped at the airport.

However, guns can be smuggled in from Malaysia into southern Thailand where there is violence and an insurgency for many decades. 

So you really believe that stopping foreigners from importing or carrying firearms will deter any foreigner who wants to arm him /herself? There are plenty of firearms available if you ask the right people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

But then if  I was a  robber the first person id shoot would be the guard   and assuming this  guy had that intent anyway, and it seems he did.

The first people he shot by the gold stand were customers! A man and a woman in cold blood!

81921737_138061227653594_8151998749879566336_o.jpg

81869261_161458571867153_1628692314933166080_n.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Time for getting gun control here in Thailand.  Oh wait, Thailand makes it extremely difficult to obtain a firearm. Perhaps they can copy Mexico where there is a minimum of a 6 month waiting period, have an extensive background check, and there is only a single gun store in the entire country that is guarded like a prison. Certainly it has worked there ????

Yeah the cartels own the police and have plenty of military grade weapons the only ones this works on is the law-abiding citizens gun control laws don't apply to criminals

Condolences to all concerned in this appalling atrocity. I hope the Thai police have the sense and the resources to look back over a couple of months CCTV. He will have been there before, sans camouflage, casing the gaff. Body recognition software might allow them to put a face to this scumbag. Hope they catch him and lower him into a tree shredder ….. feet first, very slowly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

At least three people have been killed, including a two year old boy, after a gunman opened fire at a shopping mall in Lopburi.

Why is the headline: 2 year old boy killed? There are at least 3 people killed, or don't they care for adults?

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Why is the headline: 2 year old boy killed? There are at least 3 people killed, or don't they care for adults?

I would have thought it obvious. The savagery of killing a 2 year old shocks people more than when adults die.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

I would have thought it obvious. The savagery of killing a 2 year old shocks people more than when adults die.

For me ALL humans are the same so i think this is very weird reporting....in Thailand they seem to only care for puppies and babies/toddlers....adults are nothing to them, even soidogs get more respect.

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

Have you seen the banks here, huge  bundles of cash virtually lying around in drawers, always amazed  more banks arent held up

With a dying economy these will be seen as soft targets as a populous gets more and more into debt and desperate for a way out.... if I was an employee in one of these open fronted help yourself to riches shops I'd be thinking about a change in employment!

Small banks or gold shops within malls, late night or all night opening convenience stores I'd be worried if I was on a late shift!

1 minute ago, Thian said:

For me ALL humans are the same so i think this is very weird reporting....in Thailand they seem to only care for puppies and babies/toddlers....adults are nothing to them, even soidogs get more respect.

The tragedy of a two year old being shot by a bullet in the forehead in a department store is particularly gruesome and sad, and thus deserving of the headline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

Have you seen the cashiers at the large fuelstations in BKK? If i was a robber i would try them.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

So you really believe that stopping foreigners from importing or carrying firearms will deter any foreigner who wants to arm him /herself? There are plenty of firearms available if you ask the right people. 

Right. Please give evidence to your statement that there are plenty of firearms available for sale.

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

So it takes a military trained person to shoot a gun?  Wrong!!

Obviously everybody can shoot a gun. But from what i've read he shot 11 times, and hit all of them, 7 different persons. All while he and his targets were moving. He doesn't have to be (ex)military, but there is a good chance he is, at least he acquired decent shooting skills somewhere.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Right. Please give evidence to your statement that there are plenty of firearms available for sale.

Do you need one, just get one from the south that you believe are brought in. 

Edited by Artisi

1 hour ago, Thian said:

A rhetorical question - why ask as you well know the reason. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

always amazed how these gold shops are everywhere with it all in the open on display. Who the hell would want to work in one of those?  But its Thailand so  enough said 

This type of incident is quite rare in Thailand, that's why there are no bullet-proof windows like in most countries in the world.

Edited by EricTh

36 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Obviously everybody can shoot a gun. But from what i've read he shot 11 times, and hit all of them, 7 different persons. All while he and his targets were moving. He doesn't have to be (ex)military, but there is a good chance he is, at least he acquired decent shooting skills somewhere.

From what I have seen in the videos, this criminal knows how to use a firearm. His use of a can on the weapon also may indicate familiarity with firearms, since the use of same with correct ammunition will lesson the recoil impulse and lower the decible rating of the sound for the purpose of protecting his hearing and redirecting the sound (it will NOT SILENCE a weapon though, thats a myth). Thats why so many elite military units use cans, especially for offensive missions.

There is more to this guy or to this situation than is blatantly obvious. I hope they catch the bastid swifty and put the screws to him before they lock him away or execute him.

Again, RIP to the victims

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

This type of incident is quite rare in Thailand, that's why there are no bullet-proof windows like in most countries in the world.

Maybe in your country

1 hour ago, Thian said:

I don't think adults are nothing, it is just that toddlers death are more shocking than adult death because toddlers don't pose a threat to the shooter.

It goes to show he's a ruthless killer.

The Thai newspaper reported that one staff was shot in the abdomen, a customer was shot in the face. I can't see which customer was that?

Edited by EricTh

15 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I guess if you've been here long enough it tends to become mundane.....but I doubt ever in the rest of my life will the shooting of a 2 year old kid in cold blood ever be mundane to me.   Lets all hope that the police find this scumbag and shoot him down like the rabid dog he is. 

I couldnt care less if its a 2 year old or a 95 year old . The fact that this pos puts zero value in a human life is enough for him to be executed .