Two year old boy killed in mass shooting at Lopburi shopping mall

webfact

15 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Thailand has a gun problem. They can admit it  and deal with it in a authoritian manner (the junta can see to that) or they can continue to ignore it and watch the death toll rise.

Are you real or just watch films, every country has a gun problem a criminal individual can get their hands on a gun no matter how good gun owners are in keeping their guns safe there's a black market which takes care of that.

• Like 1

In the comment section of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXR4ECfPPZE Thai people are now suspecting it was a foreigner - not a Thai person, because how could a Thai person do something so cruel?

As a foreigner who lives in Lopburi, I believe the chances that someone with military experience who could acquire a gun, motorbike, know the way around the shopping mall would be a foreigner instead of a Thai is close to impossible. Especially with the amount of THAI soldiers here.

• Like 2

He ? / They, were probably high on tranquilizers ? being over dosed on Valium, or some other sort of tranquilizer, ... So totally Functional, ... But not knowing exactly, what they really were doing ! ? (I have been there and done that, so I know that feeling, and action. ...) ...

...  Still looking at the weapon and the comments about it from those that Know ! ... And this looks to be pretty professional stuff. ... Still, the professionals probably use tranquilizers also.

Realy REALY bad luck ? Or bad management really, that they killed 3 Innocent People. ... Including a child, with the rest of it's Life ahead of it. ... Tragic Really. ... Like now their life is stuffed also. ...  Very tragic, and really REALLY BAD Management.

• Confused 1

I tried to see one picture it was unbearable, (there are more pictures much worse), it is only pictures (the confrontation of the reality of this tragedy is much more unbearable many people are in distress)

The Demon the Monster must go to hell for what he did 

If anyone wants to do CSI, get the screen capture of the killer where you can see white lettering on top of the Can, blow it up and sharpen it and that will tell you who made it. Guns are a dime a dozen but Cans arent.

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

I think i read an article somewhere that there are millions of unregistered firearms in Thailand, so they should not be too difficult to find.

Actually my girlfriend was offered one a while ago. A friend of her wanted to borrow money and offered a gun as pawn. She thought this was a good idea, but i had to talk her out of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_in_Thailand

"About one in ten people in Thailand legally own a gun. There are more than six million registered guns in a country with a population of 66.7 million.[1]Small Arms Survey estimates that the total number of guns, both licit and illicit, held by Thai civilians in 2017 is 10,300,000,[2] equating to 15.1 firearms per 100 inhabitants. Comparable figures for the other ASEAN nations are: Cambodia, 4.5 per 100 inhabitants; Philippines, 3.6; Laos, 3.0; Myanmar, 1.6; Vietnam, 1.6; Brunei, 1.4; Malaysia, 0.7; Singapore, 0.3; and Indonesia, zero".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_in_Thailand

"About one in ten people in Thailand legally own a gun. There are more than six million registered guns in a country with a population of 66.7 million.[1]Small Arms Survey estimates that the total number of guns, both licit and illicit, held by Thai civilians in 2017 is 10,300,000,[2] equating to 15.1 firearms per 100 inhabitants. Comparable figures for the other ASEAN nations are: Cambodia, 4.5 per 100 inhabitants; Philippines, 3.6; Laos, 3.0; Myanmar, 1.6; Vietnam, 1.6; Brunei, 1.4; Malaysia, 0.7; Singapore, 0.3; and Indonesia, zero".

Funny, I I never see them ? I have only seen 2 guns here in 40 years ! ... Still, they are around and Thais DO usually keep stuff like that to them selves ... Oh I have seen 3 ! Some Lunatic started shooting up in the Air at a Wedding at a temple once ! Drunk ! and was Quickly removed by the very Angry Old men. ..... Still I Do believe you, though maybe the figures might be a bit less ? ???

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The Thai media are now suggesting it could be a foreigner, due to his size and movements. 

They would love that here at the moment.

Perfect excuse for a whole raft of new visa laws and restrictions.

Disgusting for Thai media to assume that but as we can see from this heartbreaking crime this country seems to be in serious trouble.

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

Real ruthless and cruel man. I really don't think a real Buddhist Thai would take lives so casually if it is just a robbery.

My guess is that he came from southern Thailand where there are frequent bombings from certain group of people there.

Nonsense post. 

To iterate how much of a nonsense post this is, you need to have a long, hard look at Thai history, and in particular the cruelty and barbarity of it.

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

Funny, I I never see them ? I have only seen 2 guns here in 40 years !

Nearly all the Thai men I work with own guns.

Several of the women do too, last week one of the female managers sold another employee a handgun for 45k THB. Not sure which model it was.

On the company noticeboard there is a .32 Beretta Tomcat for sale 40k THB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

All the guys have them in their belly bags (about 25%-50% of the Thai guys I know or am related).

If you ask nicely they will show you, but of course you would need to actually meet and make friends with Thai guys to do that.

As for the suggestions that the guy was a foreigner ..... presumably he spoke during the robbery.

Thanks for the Info, where do you live ? or are talking about ? ... Around here, off the Asia highway, near Ayuttahya, ... I do know the men here, but have seen none of what you talk about. ... So like in a lot of places, it probably depends on what area you are in. .... Here they are just peaceful, country, Thais. ... Oh, ... There has not been a shooting around here either, for as long as I know. ... but I saw 2 guys shooting guns up in the air one new years eave, about 20 years ago, ... but I also DO know that they do not do that any more !!! ... Well, around here any way. ...  (Tens of Philippines are killed by stray bullets every year, on their new years eave I do believe) .... .... But YES I do believe you about what is happening where you live. ... and also in other parts of the country from what other people have told me also.

- Thanks.

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

They would love that here at the moment.

Perfect excuse for a whole raft of new visa laws and restrictions.

Disgusting for Thai media to assume that but as we can see from this heartbreaking crime this country seems to be in serious trouble.

Nonsense post. 

To iterate how much of a nonsense post this is, you need to have a long, hard look at Thai history, and in particular the cruelty and barbarity of it.

Thais, (Who are not high on Drugs) yes usually do not Kill innocent people, even in an Armed robbery, as they know that by doing that, you are for sure, making sure that when they get you !!! IT WILL BE REALLY BAD for you ! ... Like it will be for this guy. ....

The mafia often hit people, but they usually do not bother killing any of the witnesses around here (Who more then likely will not talk anyway - TIT)  ... But in other countries, I think that they would. ...

Still it probably was NOT a foreigner as the posters say, (They just steal from tourist shops right .... Har Har .... ) ... and yes it probably was an Ex military Thai. (On Drugs ?) ... Still you never know ? ... The Whole World pretty much going off of the rails just now. ... Maybe things are changing, and it might have been a Foreigner ! ... like the balaclava and the weapon ! It WAS very Professional !!! What ever !!! ....

... Though as I say ... around here, professionals would probably NOT have shot the innocent Bystanders I think. .. Yes quite a different one here I think ? ... Unless he was on Drugs ? Ya Ba ? .... which is what I also think. ... Amphetamines.

• Confused 2

Yes, killing all of the Witnesses or intimidating them (The Child's Mother) .... It could be a Foreigner ? Like Gold is Gold ! and Money is Money ! .... If you are a hardened Crim living in Thailand, why go home to steal enough for a few Months more ! ? ... or you might not be able to go home ! .... And his weapon, and Cover up gear etc .... Not to sure about the Camouflage Gear though. ... Also could be a Thai military or ex-military guy, on drugs (So Physically Competent, but mentally just totally out of it ...) ... With his Dealers closing in on him for money ! ? ... Probably more likely this. 

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

link or info please ... 

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_3363187

Group of 15 friends was gonna go home from concert, when standing by their car they heard 1 shot go off, and one in the group fell down shot with shotgun.

His friends did not even have time to help him before many more shots go off and 7 more in that same group got shot, and 4 other concert goers shot too.

It was no reports of fights during the concert.

8 minutes ago, ta158 said:

Group of 15 friends was gonna go home from concert, when standing by their car they heard 1 shot go off, and one in the group fell down shot with shotgun.

His friends did not even have time to help him before many more shots go off and 7 more in that same group got shot, and 4 other concert goers shot too.

oh dear   !!   i didn't read the article yet ... but sounds like gang related and retaliation probably over a girl 

15 minutes ago, ta158 said:

hmmm ....just read it ,  and as usual the lowlifes all deny any involvement in the shooting .... 

teenage scum .... and one 18yr old boys life taken because of these dirtbags. 

• Like 2

If I wanted to rob a gold shop I would not go for one in a mall.  Far too many people about and a long way to the getaway vehicle.  Where I live gold shops are next to the pavement , no one around and bike 3 metres away.

But then this crook may not be holding a lot of common sense.

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ....just read it ,  and as usual the lowlifes all deny any involvement in the shooting .... 

teenage scum .... and one 18yr old boys life taken because of these dirtbags. 

Concerts and events almost always ends in huge brawls,stabbings or Shooting,  always fight between different teenagers from other villages, just some days ago 1 stabbed to death 3 injured in Phuket festival.

Too much macho attitude, this can like you said be about women, or someone looked at the gunman/gunmen in wrong way.

I remember not to long agowhen 1 dead 7 injured in shooting outside bar over 2 groups talked to same girls, some hours later somewhere else in Thailand, 5 shot outside bar in drive by shooting, over 2 groups looking at each other.

• Like 1

To all the people here who had to grab their keyboards and type "shoot him without trial", "we need death penalty" and all kinds of insults at the perpetrator, please take a deep breath, and look into the mirror, realize how easily you can unleash hate from within your soul. We're all made of the sam flesh and blood no matter what a tough guy mask we try to wear each day, our soul is frail. For everyone there is a level of pressure, stress that can break a person, lead him to drugs, alcohol and sink him lower and lower, make him do really crazy things. We all have evil in our hearts!

If we kill him, he doesn't get a chance to repay his debt to society, we just sweep our problem under the rag. I have a better suggestion: first a drug rehab, if needed, then forced labour for the next 20-30 years. A reasonable amount, though, and proper food, we don't want to kill him, we want him to keep working for a long time. After that take him to a school every day and have him present what he's learned to the children.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moonhiker said:

To all the people here who had to grab their keyboards and type "shoot him without trial", "we need death penalty" and all kinds of insults at the perpetrator, please take a deep breath, and look into the mirror, realize how easily you can unleash hate from within your soul. We're all made of the sam flesh and blood no matter what a tough guy mask we try to wear each day, our soul is frail. For everyone there is a level of pressure, stress that can break a person, lead him to drugs, alcohol and sink him lower and lower, make him do really crazy things. We all have evil in our hearts!

If we kill him, he doesn't get a chance to repay his debt to society, we just sweep our problem under the rag. I have a better suggestion: first a drug rehab, if needed, then forced labour for the next 20-30 years. A reasonable amount, though, and proper food, we don't want to kill him, we want him to keep working for a long time. After that take him to a school every day and have him present what he's learned to the children.

Those  have stated instataneous death for the perpertrator I think are doing a kneejerk reaction to the death of a two year old, they look at their own grandchildren and see the deceased.

Persoanlly I think that the death penalty demeans the society which supports it, but that is a personal opinion.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, moonhiker said:

Yep, what he will have learnt is he got free board and lodging for life possibly at a higher level than what he could achieve by himself. 

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

If I wanted to rob a gold shop I would not go for one in a mall.  Far too many people about and a long way to the getaway vehicle.  Where I live gold shops are next to the pavement , no one around and bike 3 metres away.

But then this crook may not be holding a lot of common sense.

I know a few goldshops as you mentioned and they all have shotguns within reach.

Even the little old grandmas over there will blow you away in an instant,that may be the reason there are not very many gold shops who get robbed.

I just see on Thai social media that there are a few guys out there right now

trying to copy this killer.Wearing nearly the same outfit and thinking it is just a great joke!

They are scaring kids and adults alike.

They can not have a functioning brain ,can they?