Jump to content
BANGKOK
Rimmer

Tourist injured in MC accident on oil slick road

Recommended Posts

Tourist injured in MC accident on oil slick road

1370-N2-Jan-07-05-Foreigner-bike-slips.j

 

 

PATTAYA:--A motorcyclist was injured when he skidded on oil spilled from a truck in South Pattaya.

 

The unidentified foreigner suffered a broken arm and was transported to a local hospital following the Jan. 7 accident outside Rungland Village on South Road.

 

Witnesses said the oil came from a tanker truck transporting waste oil for disposal. Its tank was leaking, leaving a trail of oil throughout South Pattaya.

 

City workers laid sand on top of the oil trail while police were dispatched to track down and ticket the offending truck, last seen headed up Soi Khopai.

 

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-01-10—

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Witnesses said the oil came from a tanker truck transporting waste oil for disposal. Its tank was leaking, leaving a trail of oil throughout South Pattaya.

Safety First ...as usual :wacko:

 

I hope that the police will do their job until the end and therefore find the truck and its driver awkward;

 

while police were dispatched to track down and ticket the offending truck, last seen headed up Soi Khopai. )
because who will pay the foreigner's hospital bill with broken arms?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

who will pay the foreigner's hospital bill with broken arms?

His motorbike insurance should cover it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

If he has one ...
Thailand is truly a country apart in the world of insurance.
In an accident between two vehicles, it is the insurance of the faulty vehicle which pays the material and human costs of the other vehicle;
it is in any case like that in a civilized country;
but this is not the case in Thailand.
I therefore consider this country as uncivilized

It said he was a tourist so I suspect a rented vehicle, he could be liable for any damage to the bike. I would expect (or hope), the bike has the compulsory insurance, it is needed to get the tax paid. I just looked at my CTPL insurance, all in Thai, but I did believe it covered personal accident to a limit. Whether that carries to a rental or it had renter's insurance, I suspect not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It said he was a tourist so I suspect a rented vehicle,

Hope it has the PoLoBo ;

but hope also the tourist has the good driving license for driving a motorcycle ;

if he has not this good driving license the insurance company will say him : it's your problem, not ours ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

City workers laid sand on top of the oil trail while police were dispatched to track down and ticket the offending truck, last seen headed up Soi Khopai.

I fancy the trucks chances if Plod are 6 hours behind

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I fancy the trucks chances if Plod are 6 hours behind

They might have left a trail.......slippery customers.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Congrats to the people that are obviously helping the bloke

Tomorrow's news article.  Foreigner pick pocketed after motorcycle accident.

 

Yes, it has happened before. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

it is the insurance of the faulty vehicle which pays the material and human costs of the other vehicle;

Except if the driver is a farang; I was hit by two underage/helmetless/licenceless boys on a bike whilst waiting to turn right.  Both the cop arriving ten minutes later and my Englishless insurance agent both agreed it was my fault despite being stationary.  Don't go with Thannachart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikebell said:

Except if the driver is a farang; I was hit by two underage/helmetless/licenceless boys on a bike whilst waiting to turn right.  Both the cop arriving ten minutes later and my Englishless insurance agent both agreed it was my fault despite being stationary.  Don't go with Thannachart.

U should have moved out of the way mike...whether you saw them coming or not...pesky foreign drivers :cheesy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 3:10 AM, mikebell said:

Except if the driver is a farang; I was hit by two underage/helmetless/licenceless boys on a bike whilst waiting to turn right.  Both the cop arriving ten minutes later and my Englishless insurance agent both agreed it was my fault despite being stationary.  Don't go with Thannachart.

 

That could be either because the motorbike riders were long gone or that they didn't have insurance.

 

Edited by Eindhoven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...