Smart TV connect via hotspot, wifi, and more?

cheeryble

hi

wife just got a curve TV 55in from Samsung UA55NU7500KXXT for a rental

IT was a show model and I hope a bargain at 11,500bt (already reduced to 22,990)

She could not be there for the delivery so could not ask questions.

She would like to use Youtube occasionally as she uses the place to sleep after hospital night shift 

The place it will go is not now connected to internet.

Can one use a hotspot from a cellphone.?

If there is wifi in the area can the TV use that

................or must it have a wired connection?

She looked in the paper manual yesterday and it did not help.

Anyone happen to know the simple way?

First requirement is how to set up a cellphone hotspot for temporary use.......someone else will be paying the internet acct later.

thanks

ps can one play flight simulator and advanced games like Napoleonic wars,, Id like to try?IMG_9196.thumb.JPG.0937e5ad71c2b4318a9a9a6dc00df6ce.JPGIMG_9197.thumb.JPG.36580fbfb36e340136d300b65710d9f8.JPG

20 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Can one use a hotspot from a cellphone.?

Yes that should work  as long as the TV has  built in Wifi which it seems to have

Connectivity

• HDMI3
  • USB2
  • Component In (Y/Pb/Pr)1
  • Composite In (AV)1 (Common Use for Component Y)
  • Ethernet (LAN)Yes
  • Audio Out (Mini Jack)N/A
  • Digital Audio Out (Optical)1
  • RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input)1/1(Common Use for Terrestrial)/0
  • Ex-Link ( RS-232C )N/A
  • CI SlotN/A
  • HDMI A / Return Ch. SupportYes
  • HDMI Quick SwitchYes
  • Wireless LAN Built-inYes
  • Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)Yes

Wired LAN would be better  but Wifi connection should work fine.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062199/

1158960526_samsungwifi.jpg.f69593838eb57497c7f062790ac4acbf.jpg

7 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

I have a similar TV and have it connected to 3BB, wireless router.

Does anyone know what type of a keyboard I can buy for this TV? Can use the remote, but to cumbersome.

Thanks. 

Would like to know too.

In fact mine has voice typing, maybe yours does too......thouhg this can be clumsy too I'd guess

The video quality displayed on your TV using a hotspot wifi device will depend on your data connection speed and the capability of your source device to transmit video and audio to the TV. 

I have a laptop connected by HDMI cable to my TV and use a wireless mouse and the Windows Onscreen Keyboard to navigate and type. 

9 minutes ago, johng said:

I've got 2  they work fine.

I will order one too. But I think I have to be careful - some of them seem to be sold without the USB receiver. It is better to look if there is a detailed list what is included... Will not work with all TV but mine has USB HID and so it theoretically should. If not then it is not a big loss. 

14 minutes ago, johng said:

I bought the one in the link I provided...no problems and its only 200 baht if for some reason it doesn't work with your equipment.

If it doesn't work you will be guilty until the end of your days ????

Did a Google search for compatible wireless keyboards for the Samsung Smart TV's. See below to ones that came up. Not sure if available in Thailand, but will check the Pattaya IT building next week.

What wireless keyboard will work with Samsung Smart TV?
View The Best Wireless Keyboards for Samsung Smart TV Below
  1. Fosmon Portable Lightweight Mini Wireless. ...
  2. Logitech K830. ...
  3. YAGALA Backlit Mini Wireless Keyboard. ...
  4. ZenzeComm Mini Wireless Keyboard. ...
  5. Rii Mini K12 Stainless Steel Cover Wireless Keyboard. ...
  6. Aerb Backlit Mini Wireless Keyboard. ...
  7. Rii X8 Mini Wireless Keyboard.

The one In the link above is a Rii clone..for 200 baht its worth taking the chance it won't work, but see no reason why it would not work..after all a keyboard is a keyboard and a mouse is a mouse the TV or computer knows no different.

20 hours ago, Beggar said:

I will order one too. But I think I have to be careful - some of them seem to be sold without the USB receiver. It is better to look if there is a detailed list what is included... Will not work with all TV but mine has USB HID and so it theoretically should. If not then it is not a big loss. 

Presumably the TV has built in wireless connection for say the keyboard and the mobile hotspot?

(Id need a Babelfish to know if its in john's list above)

7 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Presumably the TV has built in wireless connection

These keyboards come with a USB "dongle"  when the "dongle" is plugged in to the TV, computer,Android box or whatever it is seen as a standard USB keyboard and mouse, the keyboard/mouse talks to the "dongle"  wirelessly   but not directly to the TV.

3 minutes ago, johng said:

These keyboards come with a USB "dongle"  when the "dongle" is plugged in to the TV, computer,Android box or whatever it is seen as a standard USB keyboard and mouse, the keyboard/mouse talks to the "dongle"  wirelessly   but not directly to the TV.

Gotcha!

Presumably flight simulators and games run inside one's laptop and one just mirrors the screen?

One can mirror wirelessly for this I guess?

Anyone know any good simulators?

As I have a movement disorder which will get worse I had the epiphany it might be good to prepare to enjoy myself in my own house more.

Thanks

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

Presumably the TV has built in wireless connection for say the keyboard and the mobile hotspot?

(Id need a Babelfish to know if its in john's list above)

The USB port of the TV needs to be able to handle HID. Simply take a wired mouse or keyboard and plug it into the USB port. I get a message that a HID device is connected and can use both. If this doesn't work then such devices might not work too. If it works such devices should work if their quality does not pose a problem. They are very cheap and not everyone got happy according to reviews at Amazon. 

Archived