Like father like son: Incredible story of wealthy Bangkok crime family takes new turn

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The son was released from jail after serving time for abducting a 17 year old girl

Thai Rath said their sources suggested that in 2013 Apichai had illegally imprisoned a 17 year old girl in a "mansion" in nearby Phasi Charoen.

Apichai was taken into custody after a shootout with the authorities. 

In addition in his past there were cases of illegal gun possession, abduction and rape in Damnern Saduak, Ratchaburi and in the police jurisdictions of Petchkasem and Thamasala. 

In addition in his past there were cases of illegal gun possession, abduction and rape in Damnern Saduak, Ratchaburi and in the police jurisdictions of Petchkasem and Thamasala. 

So he was released from prison after serving just 5 years? ???? TIT 

22 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

There's enough of a story here for a movie,Mafia, market, coffins, dismemberment, corpses, drugs.

and I thought the Irishman was bad enough but the "Thaiman" is on a complete different league 555

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I was sure sold a dog when i first came here to a LOS peace loving compassionate Buddhist society its a horror show????

Suggest a relocation to that bastion of Western Christian morality, the U.S. where gunshot surviving school kids can die on hospital steps for lack of cash

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My wife is telling me, from watching Thai news, that the police only ended up catching this Ice murderer guy because his friend who he had met in jail previously and who helped him with the body later ended up getting caught by the police on a drug offense.... and ratted out Ice in hopes of avoiding jail on the drug charge.... But now apparently is also going to face charges in connection with the murder as well.

The wife also said the young woman from Sakon Nakhon had met the Ice guy while working as a "sideline," which AFAIK is the term for a soapy massage-type place worker.

3 hours ago, smew said:

Wow, quite the crime genes he is got in him.

repeat offender lock him for life 

Despite the Ice guy's considerable criminal record, he somehow managed to be out and free to allegedly commit this latest murder.  Under the circs of the legal and "justice" system here, I'd be a bit afraid that the guy would end up being released and free in the future to continue his crimes.

Life in jail here often doesn't actually mean life, and sometimes, nowhere close to it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a reason for the death penalty.

The fact that it has been clearly and repeatedly demonstrated not to be a deterrent, you dismiss?

I would also assume you dismiss as irrelevant the many who have been wrongfully executed for crimes they did not commit?

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:
23 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath said their sources suggested that in 2013 Apichai had illegally imprisoned a 17 year old girl in a "mansion" in nearby Phasi Charoen. 

Found at the address were Ya Ba, ice, six 9mm guns, 332 rounds of ammunition, 20 knives, bullet proof vests, equipment for cutting out electrical supplies and tampering with phone wires and handcuffs. 

Apichai was taken into custody after a shootout with the authorities. 

And yet, he is not in jail for these crimes.. 

After serving the sentence, as he did, convicts are released, just like in the rest of the world.

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, when I point out to my Oz friends the levels of violence here (including gun ownership higher than in Usofa), they are more than a little shocked.

Compared to the number of inhabitants ,

in Thailand there are five times more deaths by firearm than in the USA.
And yet every time there is a massacre in the USA, the press goes to heaven;

when it happens in Thailand, nobody talks about it

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So there is some justice in Thailand

You better believe it!!!Sometimes for guys like him it is safer to remain in jail.

Lots of stories like this around in the land of smiles.

Unfortunately there are a lot of killers released who then continue their

crime spree.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

People who are dead won't commit any crimes anymore. And they don't cost the tax payers any money to keep them alive, maybe for decades, in prison.

Obviously the death penalty should only be applied in cases without any doubt. This seems to be one of those cases.

I know that in the USA some people are sentenced to death with only circumstantial evidence. In my opinion that should not happen.

Obviously the death penalty should only be applied in cases without any doubt.......that should not happen

Brilliant......

As for saving taxpayer money, how much is a wrongly executed human being worth....I mean...someone in YOUR family?

4 hours ago, johnarth said:

wonder if anyone has asked the prim minister what his thoughts are on this, one way or another would be interesting

Well there will be a mansion available under "victims of crime" possession, and it may be in good repair for guest accommodation for some.

1 hour ago, johnhw said:

Obviously the death penalty should only be applied in cases without any doubt.......that should not happen

Brilliant......

As for saving taxpayer money, how much is a wrongly executed human being worth....I mean...someone in YOUR family?

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Beyond+a+Reasonable+Doubt

Which part is so difficult to understand about that? If there is no doubt that the person is guilty then it is impossible that the person is wrongly executed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Beyond+a+Reasonable+Doubt

Which part is so difficult to understand about that? If there is no doubt that the person is guilty then it is impossible that the person is wrongly executed.

But it is not always applied correctly.

There are some notable cases of people being wrongly convicted as proven by the success of The Innocence Project, years on death row, scheduled for execution later exonerated. Think Ruben Carter, it is unfortunately not fool proof.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

There are some sick people living in this country. That's why I carefully choose my friends.  

That is a good idea. But I think the problem is that with some of those sick people it's not obvious how sick they are.

I know a couple of guys who are fun, not aggressive, and seems to be harmless. One was a former legionnaire who killed dozens of people, another was a international arms dealer, "interesting" backgrounds. And I am sure there are others which I know and I don't know their interesting backgrounds ...

This is why the policy at the moment is get rid of all the old timers and bring in the two week wonders who don't know diddly about the country......  Over the years i've spent in Thailand i've heard loads of hese stories and some even worse, that's when you realise it's a very thin vaneer that covers something truly evil......

On 1/11/2020 at 6:26 AM, Just Weird said:

After serving the sentence, as he did, convicts are released, just like in the rest of the world.

So sadist torture and murder gets a less than 5 year sentence (not counting court processing time) and this is anything like 'the rest of the world' ??

• Confused 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:16 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

That is a good idea. But I think the problem is that with some of those sick people it's not obvious how sick they are.

I know a couple of guys who are fun, not aggressive, and seems to be harmless. One was a former legionnaire who killed dozens of people, another was a international arms dealer, "interesting" backgrounds. And I am sure there are others which I know and I don't know their interesting backgrounds ...

...if the Devil were to cast his net in Thailand!!????

On 1/12/2020 at 5:18 PM, LivinLOS said:

So sadist torture and murder gets a less than 5 year sentence (not counting court processing time) and this is anything like 'the rest of the world' ??

He imprisoned the 17-year old, he did not murder her, neither did the OP say that he tortured her.  So, yes, just like the rest of the world...

"Thai Rath said their sources suggested that in 2013 Apichai had illegally imprisoned a 17 year old girl in a "mansion" in nearby Phasi Charoen". 

Edited by Just Weird