BANGKOK
Tagged

Solar power small farm Isan

Im about to decide to invest in sun energy for our small farm project. We need big enough capacity to run well pump, water system and a AC trough night with lights, fridge and so on. Shouldnt be to big. 

What do I need ? Where can i get it, and who can install, and in best case get a complete package at what cost? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

AC trough night with lights, fridge and so on. Shouldnt be to big.

AC and fridge will need "big" batteries and inverter.

Yeah good question!Some nearby bush monks we help out now and then recently set up a pretty simple system and I used to set them up for GPS bases for surveying and other than keeping a sharp eye out and asking locally,I did a quick lazada search and found shed loads of stuff with prices.

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yeah good question!Some nearby bush monks we help out now and then recently set up a pretty simple system and I used to set them up for GPS bases for surveying and other than keeping a sharp eye out and asking locally,I did a quick lazada search and found shed loads of stuff with prices.

Im a complete idiot when it comes to AC DC and whatever, and would like to have an up to date system for future. I also looked in to car batteries as an possibillity ? I see used Tesla batteries is getting popular for solar energy use. 

6 minutes ago, johng said:

AC and fridge will need "big" batteries and inverter.

Newer Solar direct drive refrigerators use water packs instead of batteries as storage. It uses the sun’s energy to freeze water or other material and then uses the cooling from that “ice bank” to keep the refrigerator cold during the night and cloudy days.

2019:

If you are on the grid (which means the energy your solar cell produce makes the meter run backward during daytime and you use from the meter during nighttime)  No needs for expensive batteries.

Solar power will lose 20 % when converted to AC, which is the power you normally use.

10  Solar Panel  a  340 watt. =  3400 watts per hour with full sun     (1 day (6 full sun hours) will produce about 20.400 watt    (24000/20% =   apprx. 17.000 Watt,   AC)  or 17 kgw.  X 30 days  =  510 kgw in one month,  one year 6.120 kgw.

Expect power from solar cell in rainy season to drop from 100 % to apprx. 30 %.

10 solar panels  a 340 w.    each  6.000              60.000         

Inverter  1 phase  (5.000W)                                 44.000 

Charge  controller                                              4.000

Pay for installation apprx.                                 40.000

All        148,000   B.

One solar panel weight 20 kg   x 10  panels  200 kg.

Panel  measure:   1,70 meter x  1 meter              (1.656  x  0.77)

Good Luck with your green foot print

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are completely off grid, and our first tought was diesel generator, then on grid, but we do not own the land connected to it, and we need at least 20 poles, and 200 meter with line x 2 to get on the grid, as well a deal with the neighbours. Alot of work with digging, cement, rigging and of course when rainseason,,,,,,, so it is either diesel generator or solar power. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

I'd go for both.

I guess thats the solution! 6 months a year we do not need aircon, and if we produce ice as well we have cooler for food.

So who in Isan Korat, Chaiyaphum and Petcabun deliver tip notch solar power equipment and do help with installing and give advises? Contacts please

I when I have time figure out what needs, and start setting up the central with diesel generator first, as education myself, but some help on the way would be appreciated. 

Edited by Tagged

The first thing you need to do is an energy audit of your current and future needs. You can buy a lot of expensive kit easy but will it fit your needs or be a white elephant like most unplanned solar installations.

There is a recent post on the CTH forum from a guy who was faced with a big bill for a 1.5km electric connection, so he has got a preliminary quote for a solar setup from a Chiang Mai company for around 500k. He is planning for up to 3 air cons, pumps, water heaters etc, so quite a large set up.

Perhaps find his post on CTH and send him a pm for the contact details ?

200 hundred metres of  PEA power if you did yourself wouldn't come to more than 60,000 baht max,just make sure holes are dug and whoever makes the concrete poles has a hiab so when delivered drop them straight in.

You could entice the neighbours by offering the back side of the poles for their cables.

7x poles(150mmx150mmx 6 metres) at around 1500 baht then cable and your odds and ends.

• Like 1