Solar power small farm Isan

Tagged

8 hours ago, Thaifish said:

If you have read this far then I still have not had an answer to all of my posts regarding excess solar power... Maybe a question for PEA (useless)... if you have excess power going back into the grid (this being Thailand old style meters) will the meter run backwards or show the opposite as power actually being consumed. YouTube videos on solar feed back into the grid are showing this happens with old style meters.

yes, it runs backwards.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, johng said:

For hot water you could use a long lenght of hose painted black which re circulates water into a larger insulated holding tank (maybe solar pump assisted) during the hot months even an exposed to the sun holding tank will get quite warm and drastically reduce the power needed to heat the water up  for showers.

Yep,  great for washing up water and enough for a quick shower.  I will be making one for here soon without the holding tank.  That's for the kitchen where the hot water tap will be next to cold tap....no mixer.   A separate one for Hong nahm which will be in a setup with an instant electric.  Not sure whether to put in line or to run a separate line into a common shower head.