Phuket officials dodge confirmation of woman’s death during ‘Seven Days’ campaign for New Year

snoop1130

Phuket officials dodge confirmation of woman’s death during ‘Seven Days’ campaign for New Year

By The Phuket News

1578645109_1-org.jpg

The DDPM report on the final day of the campaign reported zeros deaths on Phuket roads from Dec 27 to Jan 2. Image: DDPM

PHUKET:-- Phuket did suffer one death during the “Seven Days of Danger” road-safety campaign for the New Year holidays, The Phuket News has confirmed, but the death will not be added to the official tally until the end of the month.

The news follows the Phuket office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM-Phuket) reporting last Friday (Jan 3) that Phuket concluded the Seven Days campaign, from Dec 27 to Jan 2, with 53 people injured in 47 accidents – but with zero deaths.

On receiving that report, The Phuket News asked for confirmation from the administrators of Thai Road Safety Committee (ThaiRSC) official website to explain why they had recorded one death on New Year’s Day.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-dodge-confirmation-of-woman-death-during-seven-days-campaign-for-new-year-74333.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-10

On 1/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, 30la said:

Lies also have short legs in Phuket, instead of telling the same thing every year, that is, zero road deaths during the holidays, try to radically reduce accidents throughout the year, it would be much better!

I live in Rawai and yes we are past the so called 7 days but I can tell you the police have been very active late at night, Friday they were in 4 different locations it seems from about 9pm onwards I was told of somebody being fined 50,000 Baht for DUI 

One of the places they had a road block was outside the old Davinci's facing 7/11 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I live in Rawai and yes we are past the so called 7 days but I can tell you the police have been very active late at night, Friday they were in 4 different locations it seems from about 9pm onwards I was told of somebody being fined 50,000 Baht for DUI 

One of the places they had a road block was outside the old Davinci's facing 7/11 

That's in complete contrast to the Patong~Kamala road. Been stopped once in six weeks, whereas a year ago it was at least once a week.