BANGKOK
kenk24

impossible burgers & meatless meat

I know there are meat substitutes on the market but has anyone tried these impossible burgers? Are they available or coming to Thailand? 

so i bit and googled them, a plant based meat lookalike

seem to be doing well in California, would there be a demand here, i don't think so

iImpossible_burger_.jpg

Edited by steve187
  • Sad 1

I saw them at Rimping for the first time, a few days ago. In the frozen meat section. Don't remember the exact price but they were quite expensive. I tasted some in Canada and they were suprisingly good.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think that is the strange part.

If people don't want to eat meat then fine, don't eat it. But why are products without meet in the meat section?

Vegetable burger should be in the vegetable section.

Or what would vegetarians say if a bloody steak would be in the vegetarian section?

Vegetarians and vegans would be more than happy to see vegetarian alternatives placed as far away from meat as possible. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

They should be in the homecare section as half the ingredients will probably be sawdust!

No they’re not. 

You are confusing Vegetarian alternatives with traditional, meat based sausages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a food that is meant to mimic meat, why would anyone who is vegan want to mimic meat I have to ask?

Highly processed, full of saturated fat & not very healthy compared to real grass fed meat?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No they’re not. 

You are confusing Vegetarian alternatives with traditional, meat based sausages. 

Er....it was just a joke sir....😏

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

This is a food that is meant to mimic meat, why would anyone who is vegan want to mimic meat I have to ask?

Highly processed, full of saturated fat & not very healthy compared to real grass fed meat?

An abundance of salt as well and maybe some chemical ingredients as well. I will stick to real meat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ianezy0 said:

Er....it was just a joke sir....😏

So was my reply...

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, userabcd said:

An abundance of salt as well and maybe some chemical ingredients as well. I will stick to real meat.

Yes, the healthy & natural real "McCoy" is my choice also, marketing, sales and out and out greed preying on people's gullibility have a lot to answer for!