Thailand drought crisis: No water for prawn farming and fisheries

rooster59

Thailand drought crisis: No water for prawn farming and fisheries

12-324-1280x720.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Residents in the Bang Plee Noi area of Samut Prakarn south east of Bangkok appealed to the media for help after Klong Samrong has run almost dry. 

There is no water for prawn farming or fish rearing. 

7-737-1024x576.jpg

77kaoded reporters heard the plight of residents in the area who complained of a lack of dredging in the canal and called for the authorities to act to protect their livelihoods. 

4-1181-1024x576.jpg

5-1005-1024x576.jpg

Stories about the drought crisis facing Thailand are featuring in the press on a daily basis, notes Thaivisa

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-11
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Residents in the Bang Plee Noi area of Samut Prakarn south east of Bangkok appealed to the media for help after Klong Samrong has run almost dry.

Help is coming! let us all join hands and try our best to invent water. 

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:32 AM, KhunKenAP said:

Thanks for your water. Big shots in Bangkok don't like salty water.

Only "Big Shots" don't like salty water?  Get a grip mate ... 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, Ireland32 said:

Let’s make Songkran the whole month , Idiots

Ummm ... right after you cancel Christmas and the cutting down of a few million trees.  Dude .. do honestly believe that one holiday make a significant impact on an entire water supply?  It is like adding one more morning of "taking a shower" per year.  Have a great 2563, "Captain Killjoy."

2 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Ummm ... right after you cancel Christmas and the cutting down of a few million trees.  Dude .. do honestly believe that one holiday make a significant impact on an entire water supply?  It is like adding one more morning of "taking a shower" per year.  Have a great 2563, "Captain Killjoy."

Seems you have no idea.

It goes for one week in Pattaya.

Huge water tanks full of water on the back of trucks wasting this precious resource.

Yes, it can make a difference but more so makes a point.

They are asking people to conserve water so.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems you have no idea.

It goes for one week in Pattaya.

Huge water tanks full of water on the back of trucks wasting this precious resource.

Yes, it can make a difference but more so makes a point.

They are asking people to conserve water so.....

I have lived in Thailand for nine years ... sort of know the program.  After I posted this, I knew this would be your reply.  Here is what I meant.  Example:  There are 12,000,000 people in BKK.  Lets say 1,000,000 of them throw the equivalent of 2 showers worth of water during the festivities.  That is 2,000,000 "showers" ... The following (non holiday morning) ... 12,000.000 people average one shower.  That is six times more per day, than a festival that is ... ironically ... becoming quite a big deal for one of Thailand's important resources ... TOURISTS.  I personally HATE Songkran, and just resign myself to a few days at the condo, swimming and working out.  What I am saying is ... there are significant ways to conserve water, and people look a bit silly complaining about this holiday ... especially because none of their words will change it ... just like me crying about Christmas trees?  Dude, not one person cares about those tears either.

By the way, I really get how you feel ... and watching people waste water is my pet peeve.  I guess I should recognize that Thai Visa exists as an outlet for foreigners to vent, and although I love Thailand, certainly do not love all the things that happen here.  Have a great 2563 !!!!

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

I have lived in Thailand for nine years ... sort of know the program.  After I posted this, I knew this would be your reply.  Here is what I meant.  Example:  There are 12,000,000 people in BKK.  Lets say 1,000,000 of them throw the equivalent of 2 showers worth of water during the festivities.  That is 2,000,000 "showers" ... The following (non holiday morning) ... 12,000.000 people average one shower.  That is six times more per day, than a festival that is ... ironically ... becoming quite a big deal for one of Thailand's important resources ... TOURISTS.  I personally HATE Songkran, and just resign myself to a few days at the condo, swimming and working out.  What I am saying is ... there are significant ways to conserve water, and people look a bit silly complaining about this holiday ... especially because none of their words will change it ... just like me crying about Christmas trees?  Dude, not one person cares about those tears either.

By the way, I really get how you feel ... and watching people waste water is my pet peeve.  I guess I should recognize that Thai Visa exists as an outlet for foreigners to vent, and although I love Thailand, certainly do not love all the things that happen here.  Have a great 2563 !!!!

Do your bit. Use the pool water.

How about cut beer production.

Ban Sngkran and cut beer output at the same time. Road death numbers would tumble.

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Do your bit. Use the pool water.

How about cut beer production.

Ban Sngkran and cut beer output at the same time. Road death numbers would tumble.

You have completely missed the point ... here .. let me be more clear.  No one is ever going to ban this holiday .. and if you look at the amount of water used for it ... it is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the average daily consumption.  And for the record, pool water comes form the same tap ... so the only real benefit might b be it is chlorinated so a bit cleaner?  This may surprise you .. but many. many of those people on the side of the road with a bucket of water?  Ummm ... brace yourself ... They. Have. Never. Seen. A. Pool.  But as I said, this is a forum for foreigners to vent, so please ... "Enjoy"

45 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

You have completely missed the point ... here .. let me be more clear.  No one is ever going to ban this holiday .. and if you look at the amount of water used for it ... it is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the average daily consumption.  And for the record, pool water comes form the same tap ... so the only real benefit might b be it is chlorinated so a bit cleaner?  This may surprise you .. but many. many of those people on the side of the road with a bucket of water?  Ummm ... brace yourself ... They. Have. Never. Seen. A. Pool.  But as I said, this is a forum for foreigners to vent, so please ... "Enjoy"

Think you missed the point.

Maybe I should type 'joke' in big letters at the end. ????

On 1/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, overherebc said:

Think you missed the point.

Maybe I should type 'joke' in big letters at the end. ????

Sorry to report that this reply is very much a typical Thai Visa (serious) response .. so pardon me for not recognizing this really really funny quip.  Seriously.  You should consider dropping what you are doing, and writing for Netflix.  You are incredibly funny and sharp witted.  In fact, i honestly think you are my new hero.  Please post more.  You are a riot!  The best really!  So good! What can I say?  You have GOT that special something!  Comic genius. Opps, have to take this call ... more compliments later!  So GOOD!  Please post more ... Good, good, good!

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Bad management as always

Thank ypu for this insightful and informative observation.  I am willing to learn, so please ... can you tell us where the "management" fault lies, and the solutions really is .. because last time I checked ... making it rain in the volume required?  Ummm ... never mind ... go ahead .. pen in hand, ready to take notes.

You were saying?