New soi 7 bar complex???

moontang

I am not sure but probably some of the bars will have girls that you could barfine, as some of the bars from Queens Park Plaza on Soi 22 will be moving/has moved there. The 2 that comes to mind is Rumors and Meaw Meaw bar.

Also the name of the complex is Nana Plaza on 7

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thainess said:

Has anyone ever told you that you look like that guy who hates Trump and makes bad documentaries? What's his name again? Michael something.

Michael Moore...

Back to Topic... 

Any feedback on this place yet? I quite enjoy going to S22 on a Sunday afternoon/early evening so once it closes down am looking for an alternative

Edited by Mike Teavee

12 hours ago, Thainess said:

Has anyone ever told you that you look like that guy who hates Trump and makes bad documentaries? What's his name again? Michael something.

I liked the one where he was shopping for free guns when he opened a bank account.

(or was that Louis Theroux?)

1 hour ago, setbkk said:

Get your freelancers next door at Beer Garden.  This complex is standard beer bars with bar girls.  BTW, to use toilet have to pay 10 baht and enter restroom through a prison-style turnstile.  A real turnover courtesy of greedy developer.  Hope people jam the coin slot to make the restroom unavailable.  Then the place will smell like urine, just like the old complex on soi 22.

120 for a small beer?..makes me limp thinking about it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, natway09 said:

Wait until you buy a lady drink, then it may drop off ....... 220Bht   Ouch

More expensive than Nana Plaza & they keep their clothes on (in the bar at least)

I explored lower Sukhumvit yesterday..must say I enjoyed it.  I walked the whole area, and not much looked good, price wise or girl wise..a much recommended bar on soi 8, had about 40 dudes in it, and maybe two females..I know some become loyal to there regular places, but they should do an occasional count.  The 7 complex is no go.  Ended up on soi 11..80 for Heineken until 9..free restroom vouchers, saving 5 THB per trip.  Clean.  150 THB for lady drink..I simply told them I quit playing that game decades ago.  Didn't matter, they were still seeking attention or clients.   Interesting freelance scene.  Approached by asian girl, said she was Thai, but admitted to being Korean..didn't understand 3000 in Thai.  Plenty of folks feeling the pinch of the THB, but still want to partake.  Masses of people in that area, and most are not going into the bars.  

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

When did they start charging to go to the toilet in Bangkok? Haven't been back for a while.

I take it QPP has already started to move, anything still left there?

As soon as the pigs quit extorting single guys walking alone, I will once again cross over to the east side of the Asok intersection.  Sat overlooking soi 11 for an hour, and one cop came by on his motorsai three times, but seemed very relaxed and casual..not intimidating, at all.  

Edited by moontang

Guess I've been lucky, never had any hassles from the BiB on the streets - did do a dumb thing once when a new cop came for tea money in my local bar that ended in having to get a taxi back from the Thong Lor cop shop (buggers could have given me a lift back!).

Haven't stayed in Bkk since New Year 2019 ... lost it's charm when they "cleaned up" the area the lack of street bars etc. makes me quite sad.

Edited by Salerno

21 hours ago, setbkk said:

Hope people jam the coin slot to make the restroom unavailable. 

well thats a nice thought for those of us who need a restroom. Glad to see you care about others.

If you are short 10 baht Id be happy to give you a coin.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, moontang said:

saving 5 THB per trip

Thats a joke,right?

19 minutes ago, moontang said:

As soon as the pigs quit extorting single guys walking alone

Pigs? Where is this extortion you say? Im down there every week and never seen any extortion. Pray tell, what have you seen?

10 minutes ago, Salerno said:

lost it's charm when they "cleaned up" the area the lack of street bars etc. makes me quite sad.

Nana area never had much charm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Somewhat agree, in 15 years only ever been inside Nana once; hung out at Hillary 2 a few times as knew the boss. Was talking more about sauntering down Sukh in the early hours before sun up, used to enjoy the vibe.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Somewhat agree, in 15 years only ever been inside Nana once; hung out at Hillary 2 a few times as knew the boss. Was talking more about sauntering down Sukh in the early hours before sun up, used to enjoy the vibe.

still plenty of vibe. But Im usually home enjoying the fruits of my labors as the sun comes up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

But Im usually home enjoying the fruits of my labors as the sun comes up.

One of the reasons I haven't stayed in Bkk for more than a day or two the past few years is I figured it was time I should "grow up" a little 555 Decided I should actually see more daylight than just sunrises so have been doing some roadtrips. Surprising how fast you can fall "out of the loop". On the plus side, means I have the opportunity to discover new "comfort zones" now that my local hang outs seem to be closing/have closed.

27 minutes ago, Salerno said:

One of the reasons I haven't stayed in Bkk for more than a day or two the past few years is I figured it was time I should "grow up" a little 555 Decided I should actually see more daylight than just sunrises so have been doing some roadtrips. Surprising how fast you can fall "out of the loop". On the plus side, means I have the opportunity to discover new "comfort zones" now that my local hang outs seem to be closing/have closed.

Nice. The reason I come to Bangkok thes days is that it is the best base of operations I can get for my explorations. My bar days are like once a week now instead of twice a day. 

The air is so nasty now that next year, in January, Ill be in Cambodia instead.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats a joke,right?

Pigs? Where is this extortion you say? Im down there every week and never seen any extortion. Pray tell, what have you seen?

One of the complaints about the new place is that it is 10 to <deleted>.  Maybe you dont realize being pretentious here, seemed to have left with the Brexiters.  

You know damn well about the Thong Lo cops...and their racket extends to Asok.  The Nana gang must make enough from their cut of the illegal Indian watch sellers, let alone NEP being the mother of all brown envelopes.

Cambodia:. Was a Khmer girl soliciting at the bar, kind of cute, complete with bad teeth.  Makes the Isaan in-laws look like hard-working, honest folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Walking by the Sofitel at Soi 13 gave me a flashback of the good sidewalk action while they were building it..2004-2005..was a lot of fun, and people were simply in a better mood.  I remember looking up to see Kenny sticking a clip in his pistol.  He looked at me and said "brack guy no good.". They had been snatching gold necklaces. Recall a Belgian guy commenting on 2000 for a <deleted>..he stated he could do three of them for 2k.

Very few decent street food options around there, now..another nail in the coffin.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, moontang said:

One of the complaints about the new place is that it is 10 to <deleted>.  Maybe you dont realize being pretentious here, seemed to have left with the Brexiters.  

God, has the world sunk so low that one is "pretentious" because he doesnt care about dropping a quarter for a loo? Id rather pay for one that not have one at all.

Here, Ill give you pretentious. Im glad they charge a tenner, because thats the smallest I carry anyway. I give away the 5s and below. Too much change ruins the fit of my trews.

20 minutes ago, moontang said:

You know damn well about the Thong Lo cops...and their racket extends to Asok.  The Nana gang must make enough from their cut of the illegal Indian watch sellers, let alone NEP being the mother of all brown envelopes.

Yah yah, been reading about the for years. Got any current examples to contest my view, based on personal observation, that it isnt happening?

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

Very few decent street food options around there, now..another nail in the coffin.

There was never any decent street food there. There was overpriced (wowit deletedouttheword) "cra p" for tourists.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 2

Been coming here for 22 years....used to be some great stuff to snack on..it was part of the sidewalk culture.  

Do you want a more recent story than the French guy paying 250k to make a failed <deleted> test go away?  Was in the news less than two weeks ago.  How many cases don't make it to the news?

I don't like the ++ thing, either, nor the million complaints about it, when it states it on the menu, but that doesn't mean I can't afford it, or paying to void.  Chinese Jewery in BKK?  Not a fan of it, at all.

Edited by moontang