New soi 7 bar complex???

moontang

On 1/12/2020 at 5:48 PM, BritManToo said:

I liked the one where he was shopping for free guns when he opened a bank account.

(or was that Louis Theroux?)

Watch "Michael Moore hates America". Moore edited that scene and it wasn't like that at all. Same with Heston. Moore is a <deleted> IMO.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, moontang said:

Do you want a more recent story than the French guy paying 250k to make a failed <deleted> test go away?  Was in the news less than two weeks ago. 

That was not Thong Lo police extorting him.  Was in the news the day after the first (wrong) story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, Salerno said:

When did they start charging to go to the toilet in Bangkok? Haven't been back for a while.

probably around the same time people started expecting tips

becoming more and more like western bars where you need to pay for every little thing

• Confused 1

There is a place called Happy Duck, near the 10 THB toilets.  Duck with rice 60 THB.  Calculated blood comes with almost everything...more evidence they don't understand foreigner.  Otherwise, one bar open charging 90 for all bottles and calling it HH.

Edited by moontang
  • Confused 1

On 1/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, moontang said:

There is a place called Happy Duck, near the 10 THB toilets.  Duck with rice 60 THB.  Calculated blood comes with almost everything...more evidence they don't understand foreigner.  Otherwise, one bar open charging 90 for all bottles and calling it HH.

Coagulated...Solly.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:53 AM, Number 6 said:

I took a stroll over there from Cowboy. Walking along Sukhumvhit my mind flashed back to why I'd not done this walk in 15 years. All the tourists and B-S on the street. Arriving at soi 7 I was non plussed. Always reticent about these sorts of places, especially without punters with no promotion signs. Two idiots sitting at the bar on tbe street nursing no doubt b120 beer. No girls, no music. It was early, very few girls and absolutely no reason to drink there.

Circling the zone, many unfinished beer bars, lazy and unattractive bar girls. Then I came upon the ten baht toilet.

The place must be absolutely boycotted on the basis of a ten baht privilege to urinate the beer you've paid for. Even the shi++eat beer bar zones in Pattaya I recall some years back it was only 2-3 baht. Every bar I will ever drink in will not charge me to essentially drink more. I urge everyone to boycott this place.

I really don't get out much but must know a dozen places one can drink bottled and draft beer for 80b from 3-8pm and possibly all day as well.

I saw absolutely no reason to return. No girls, no music. No fun.

The big move from soi 22 is in four months or so I was told (by my frendly beer bar girl on 22).

B10 is more than ten percent of a b80 beer although I'd expect beer in those clip joints to be starting at 100 happy hour.

Its a very charmless and dull affair. Don't bother.

If you can't afford 10 thb, you should stay home

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I can absolutely afford it. I'm just not an idiot that would pay 50b to spend a few hours in very marginal atmosphere. I can't think of anywhere I drink in Bangkok that charges me to pee.

I saw no reason to drink there, even less when charged to use the toilet.

This place will die before it even gets off the ground. Will just be the outer bars on the street that will struggle on.

I'd be willing to bet the b10 goes to five three months after opening. You can bet the owner of the complex has that toilet angle for himself

For ten baht I'd expect a spotless toilet and a fresh face towel. I bet it'll get cleaned once every day or two.

"I'm just not an idiot that would pay 50b to spend a few hours in very marginal atmosphere."

Does that mean you have to <deleted> 5 times in a couple of hours or you spend 50 thb in total?

6 hours ago, digbeth said:

Thong Lor cops jurisdiction ended at asok, so anything past asoke, Nana is Lumpini, they usually do the papers please routine around the front of Soi Cowboy, if they went as far as Nana they're stepping on someone's else turf

Pretty sure it is Soi 19 that delineates between Thonglor and Lumpini precincts. Years ago there was a sign on the corner saying so. It might still be there.

21 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you can't afford 10 thb, you should stay home

Number 6 is saying that pay toilets set the tone for the place and he is right.

That whole strip has been a dump with fuglies since it's inception. Personally I wouldn't go there if the beer was free let alone the toilets.

Seems like there has been a shift in Lower Sukhumvit bars, where people watching is a big part of the experience, instead of participating.  Seems to keep those bars on soi 4 pretty busy, even though they offer little ambiance and less value.  Heard they even make people buy drinks at the door and try to scam them on change or get them to buy two up front.  So basically, the masses are going into overpriced beer bars to brood and observe others enjoy a vibrant free lance scene out front.  This is bad for the new complex, as the interior bars only offer views of the other interior bars, where it is mostly going to be high priced beers or drinks, pressure to buy expensive ladydrinks, and working ladies that could be grandmas and pale in comparison to the Vietnamese freelancers, who probably can't get the correct paperwork for the bar.  There are two sides to the pay toilet debate, but it does seem kind of prison-biker mentality..perhaps the bars will offer tokens.  

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"I'm just not an idiot that would pay 50b to spend a few hours in very marginal atmosphere."

Does that mean you have to <deleted> 5 times in a couple of hours or you spend 50 thb in total?

Yes. If I drink five beer I am most likely going to use the toilet as many times. You know one bottle in one bottle out. The stuff doesn't evaporate off my head.

Genius

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Do like the Thai folks in the area. Just use the closest dis-used public phone booth.... (not kidding about that!)

I think even the women's toilet has a passcard. I bet the girls get charged some nominal monthly rate plus the cost of the card.

Sorry, just hating this clip joint very much before it even opens.

• Like 1

Four pages of people complaining about the 10 baht toilet and not one post of anyone actually having a drink there.

Is the 10 baht fee not just to stop every vendor in the area coming in to use the toilet?  Do the bars not give you a ticket / token to go for free?

I haven't visited myself yet but I would be very surprised if customers had to pay the 10 baht.  Instead of saying boycott the place, Thai greed, outrageous blah blah can anyone actually confirm it applies to paying customers or do we just rant first before we know?

Having said that if paying customers are charged 10 baht for the toilet then that indeed would be outrageous, but as of yet we don't seem to know, and I suspect it wouldn't apply if you are drinking in one of the bars.

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Having said that if paying customers are charged 10 baht for the toilet then that indeed would be outrageous, but as of yet we don't seem to know, and I suspect it wouldn't apply if you are drinking in one of the bars.

I'd suggest they have gotten the "business model" from Pattaya and that it would apply if drinking there.

Last time I was in Nana Plaza I was charged 220B for her vodka and 220B for her cock. Knock it down!

This Soi7 place is much more relaxed. The bar I've been to a few times gives you the toilet coin.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Four pages of people complaining about the 10 baht toilet and not one post of anyone actually having a drink there.

I certainly had the option. Thought I'd fall asleep at even the liveliest bar before I finished my beer. Absolute stone boredom. The only two farang in the entire complex were on the outside bar.

It very much reminds me of the inner sh!+hole bars at Queen's Park. Hot, dire, boring. Clawing at business. I'm curious when Rumors makes the move if not on the outside its doomed. They will absolutely have to dump the grannies and get some lookers regardless.

Hahahaha ten baht for a toilet. Yeah, for stupid people. Like I said, five trips to the toilet would buy you a meal. Would a Thai male every pay that? Hell no.

Looking at the toilet it looks like a lockup. You'd think you were going into a gold vault hahaha.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, naboo said:

Last time I was in Nana Plaza I was charged 220B for her vodka and 220B for her cock. Knock it down!

Ladyboys must have fallen on hard times, because that's CHEAP. (I would like to add that I have NEVER used the services of a ladyboy.)

On 1/31/2020 at 10:24 PM, Number 6 said:

It very much reminds me of the inner sh!+hole bars at Queen's Park. Hot, dire, boring. Clawing at business.

i used to live right by there. the inner bars usually had ZERO customers in there. there were one or two girls hanging around the door or bar usually.

i played pool with a girl at one place and we were the only ones in the bar, just quietly taking shots at the table with no eye contact. really strange, almost surreal scene.

and its all really too bad. that nice new hotel was exactly what this complex needed. huge fancy hotel and well to do customers coming in you have to walk right by the bar complex to get to the hotel. moving at the worst time.

Edited by fhickson