New soi 7 bar complex???

moontang

moonshine bar in this complex has a jar of 10thb coins for customers to use for the toilet charge.  i went through there around 11pm last sunday.  i found a nice spot that faced sukhumvit and paid 100thb/beer and watched the circus walk up and down the street.  it was very entertaining.  this was outdoor seating on a patio of sorts and not inside the plaza itself (but plaza is accessible to the rear of this patio area).  a great spot !!!

• 1 month later...

I have been checking it out but realising now that some of the bars are run by people belonging to jail or in some institution.

The small bar with one Sovereign pool table and few girls who look underaged (name "Angel21" or "Sister21" something) did the worst number on me in 12 years.

The bar overcharged my bill (one extra drink that was easy to spot as it was vodka which had not been ordered) which happens so nothing serious and usually easily revised once you just gently point it out. However, when I raised a question, they said hey yes a mistake...but took out 10 Baht(!) off the bill. When I went "what is this now" and pressed to correct the bill, the ladies went simply what I'd describe best as "bat <deleted> bersek" likely due to mental issues & whole day drinking or other substance abuse as I took notice the lady saying she owns the bar giving me a push followed by a half full soda water bottle bouncing off my head when I had walked out. This all after I had actually paid the rip-off by handing over 200 Baht and commenting it simply that it was <deleted>. Luckily I did not get a full hit of the heavy bottle as I would be walking with stiches nicely done by someone who would be operating in god-knows-where clinic around 2-3 am. I am a big boy so they probably thought I was too drunk to notice the rip-off or take any physical action.

Well, I do not get "too drunk, I am no troublemaker or do not even angry...as I am a reputed, gentle and well-tipping customer visiting many a bar regularly keeping in good terms with the staff and managers. I am never in any type of fight so this was truly a first one. Not in me to get aggressive with anyone let alone ladies as I also do know the farang ends up paying regardless.

To add on, I was in the same bar earlier in the evening when the ladies were more sober and sane when I tipped well as usual and enjoyed few rounds of pool. No issues and was happily welcomed back to play again.

So really no excuses for this type of <deleted>. Thought a while whether I should march to the police to file a report but naw, not sufficient evidence, minor case weight plus farang in the picture so nothing there to go on for sure.

There were two younger chaps outside who saw the bottle hitting my head and naturally were a bit surprised as well. The other guy later asked what it was (as I just moved into a more normal bar) so I said how it was: got ripped off 200 Baht (extra drink 180 that I paid w 200 Baht just to get the <deleted> dealt with) and was attacked.

• Like 1

The original Old German Beer House on Soi. 11 started charging for the toilet in the days when it was connected directly to the apartments.

The reason given was sound in as much as too many outsiders with no connection to the bar were using the facility often with disrespect to users following. If my memory serves me correctly, and after complaints from the regulars, they introduced a token system or something in recompense.

Outsiders are a problem for some places and can leave the toilet in a worse place than before they went in (as can some customers.) They use water, they use paper towels etc., all trivial but it mounts up, especially with the extra cleaning staff needed.  

However 10 baht is trivial and unlikely to deter.

It should be 50 baht with EVERY bar issuing a token to customers who are drinking their beer.

Except for graffiti and cottaging public toilets are decent in the Uk, but are being shut down due to local council cost cutting. Most stores have toilets, which are without fault. Most pubs do as well but need to keep an eye out for outsiders.

However, needing to go is a natural thing and it cannot be held in. People will <deleted> anywhere if they have to and it can make for a health hazard.

P.S.Do they have public toilets in Thailand? I've been going to the country for over twenty years and cannot have noticed.

Edited by Beechboy