Jump to content
BANGKOK
Kenny202

Help with pasta / raviolli

Recommended Posts

Had a few goes at making Ravioli and while it's pretty nice the other edges of the pasta where the sheets are joined always a little dry and chewy. I've tried cooking it longer and shorter periods. The recommended cooking time about 3 minutes. 

 

Anyone have any ideas? I use a standard 1 cup 00 flour, 1 egg mix and mix seems pliable enough and rolls well in the pasta roller.

 

Also does anyone do batches and freeze it and have any idea how to freeze without it sticking together in lumps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot help with the dry edges I am afraid, but regarding freezing, I freeze them in single layers on a tray, then transfer them to a tupperware bowl or a bag when they are frozen. 

Edited by AhFarangJa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Cannot help with the dry edges I am afraid, but regarding freezing, I freeze them in single layers on a tray, then transfer them to a tupperware bowl or a bag when they are frozen. 

Good idea! Use parchment paper would be the go. Do you pop them in the boiling water frozen?

 

Do you have any ideas for filling? I actually managed to find spinach here. Couldn't get Ricotta so used a mix of cottage cheese and cream cheese was excellent. One thing I found to I never done before was to put an egg in the filling mix. It sets the mixture when it hits the heat and even if you do get a few broken ones filling stays pretty much in tact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Good idea! Use parchment paper would be the go. Do you pop them in the boiling water frozen?

 

Do you have any ideas for filling? I actually managed to find spinach here. Couldn't get Ricotta so used a mix of cottage cheese and cream cheese was excellent. One thing I found to I never done before was to put an egg in the filling mix. It sets the mixture when it hits the heat and even if you do get a few broken ones filling stays pretty much in tact

Yes, just thaw for about 5 minutes. One of the families favourite fillings is a mix of fine chopped Chorizo sausage ( just fry off a little first ) Ricotta and spinach, with nutmeg seasoning. Also use my stuffed pepper mincemeat recipe as a filling.....can pm the recipe if you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, AhFarangJa said:

Yes, just thaw for about 5 minutes. One of the families favourite fillings is a mix of fine chopped Chorizo sausage ( just fry off a little first ) Ricotta and spinach, with nutmeg seasoning. Also use my stuffed pepper mincemeat recipe as a filling.....can pm the recipe if you need.

Yes would be interested in the stuffed pepper mince recipe for sure if you could PM me. And would be interested to know your pasta mix.

 

My general mix for pasta dough as I understand it 1 cup (100gr) 00 flour per 1 egg. Increase per amount required. Don't knead too much. Let rest after kneading. Roll through pasta roller several time doubling over before reducing thickness slowly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make egg yoke ravioli using this recipe: https://www.tastemade.com/videos/egg-yolk-ravioli.  I use cottage cheese instead of the ricotta and do't cook it too long as you want the egg yoke runny. I serve it with a brown butter sauce.

 

I also use a stuffing of 1/2  groung prok, 1/2 ground shrimp. alittle grated carrots and a shot of soy sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...