BANGKOK
PaulPatterson68

UK Retiree - Does my present full pension allowance continue?

On 1/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, izod10 said:

Now your second statementState Pension increases are not small ,4 percent to top rated OApensioner in region of 80GBP per month   pension credit nowhere near

Subterfuge...hardly    For the average Joe here,that is 4 percent (compounded) ,10 percent,GBP upswing,plus anyone public sector  around 5percent in April

Pretty much rubbish. Yes, State pension due to go up 3.9 %, nothing compounded (?). exchange rate is no better than this time last year, and as for public sector pensions - no way 5%, you just get CPI, which is something under 3% - in the last 10 years my increases have been between 0% and 3% - over those 10 years my pension has civil service pension has gone up about 20 -25% in total.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

According to DWP stats, they don't have a current address for 40% of UK pensioners.

And as far as I know there's no legal requirement for you to provide them with one, in order to receive a pension.

(beyond the initial application)

This is nonsense, DWP has the bank account details of every person they pay ergo they have the addresses of those people!

12 hours ago, rickudon said:

Pretty much rubbish. Yes, State pension due to go up 3.9 %, nothing compounded (?). exchange rate is no better than this time last year, and as for public sector pensions - no way 5%, you just get CPI, which is something under 3% - in the last 10 years my increases have been between 0% and 3% - over those 10 years my pension has civil service pension has gone up about 20 -25% in total.

Im calculating from Boris bounce..currency  up 11.5% day after election that gave incoming annual pensions of over 2500 pounds increase,yes decreased since to around 10%   Boris has stated 5% for public sector,see if he holds up....last, less than 10 years of OAP has doubled,way of buy back and other award....anyway can do anything with figures,...yes IM alright Jack    Thanks be to Allah I never bought a place here, never get shut,...fed up with fun in the sun,...Spain in plain sight

If i get a 5% increase in my civil service pension i would be extremely surprised. I think Boris meant PAY - for those civil servants still working. For the last 10 years they have been on 1% annual pay increases - so in real terms now earn about 15% less than 10 years ago. The requirement for more civil servants to deal with Brexit gave the government a problem - to recruit civil servants who are even 90% literate they had to employ them all at one grade higher than the usual starting point. With rents being what they are in London, you cannot survive on less than 25,000 GBP there. My son has rent, bills and travel costs of 1500 GBP a month - but still needs to eat .....  drinking a pint (at over 5 GBP a time) is sheer luxury.

51 minutes ago, rickudon said:

If i get a 5% increase in my civil service pension i would be extremely surprised. I think Boris meant PAY - for those civil servants still working. For the last 10 years they have been on 1% annual pay increases - so in real terms now earn about 15% less than 10 years ago. The requirement for more civil servants to deal with Brexit gave the government a problem - to recruit civil servants who are even 90% literate they had to employ them all at one grade higher than the usual starting point. With rents being what they are in London, you cannot survive on less than 25,000 GBP there. My son has rent, bills and travel costs of 1500 GBP a month - but still needs to eat .....  drinking a pint (at over 5 GBP a time) is sheer luxury.

That is why Im still here..rents..and my mutts.   I feel things may change rapidly here in Thailand,perhaps worth hanging on a while   I miss home,but do the lottery via vpn,hope springs eternal,won close on 50,000 years ago GBP  thats why Im stuck here,not enough to blast free...this last 7 days won 10  8   5  free lucky dips,..Christ I d like to win enough to get away  buy a place in UK take the mutts and offffff

The Civil service pension will likely increase by 1.7% in April, as it is based on Sept 2019 CPI. The RPI was 2.4% (it took a 0.2% dip from the forecast 2.6% 🙁). Still that will go on about 90% of my pensions in payment at the moment now, so still not to bad...

Still 10 years off from getting the state pension, but Dad will get a nice uplift in April, one of the reasons he does not exceed 180 days in Thailand....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rickudon said:

The other thing with the Civil Service, if you left and were taking your pension, and rejoined with a permanent position on a higher salary when you left, your CC pension may be suspended until you retired again! 

Move to live in The Philippines and your UK state pension will increase in line with any increases in the UK...

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Move to live in The Philippines and your UK state pension will increase in line with any increases in the UK...

..and plug into their reciprocal welfare system, nah,Ill stay in Thailand and keep the increases the the UK enjoys,after all there is b.ugger all anyone or anything can do to to change it

suggestions on a postage stamp please

4 hours ago, izod10 said:

suggestions on a postage stamp please

Joining the ICBP ?

• Thanks 1