Jump to content
BANGKOK
CharlieH

UK Pensions and related info - (2020)

Recommended Posts

Here is a link to the previous topic 2018

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

May I kick off this thread by drawing attention to an apparently recently-introduced online messaging facility for contacting the IPC, as per the link below:-

 

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details

 

Could be useful in checking whether witnessed life certificates have been safely received - and possibly even to request temporary SP uplifts during trips back to the UK. Presumably DWP will be able to cross-check our identity against our date of birth which we are required to include in any enquiry (they will presumably have this logged in their systems from when we originally claimed the SP), without the need for us to provide verification info which they regard as secure such as NI numbers?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

-not much traction in this thread,never will be

 

  All Boris has to state is  increase of state pension for everybody,none of the 1946 stupidity that prevails.  Save a ton of money,no international pension transfer at DWP,paid into local UK bank,up to individual to arrange own transfer,this week alone would give pension increase of over 1% if done minweek  took all of 8 minutes to arrive from uk this week  

  Something cringeworthy at OAP ,here for countless years,complaining greatly reduced pension late in arriving...as for frozen? does it not state in immigration stamp  as temporary stay in Kingdom,...anyway mr/ms  UK decision maker at DWP would not intervene,too      to stand up straight

  first opening statement DWP penalties  ..no punishment...  if frozen OAP too thick or stupid to either read or comprehend up to him,deserves to lose the lot,quiet satisfaction as his non-rise is spread out to the unfrozen

 

  ..and as of little old 88 year old Annie managing on her 6 pounds a week OAP in Australia /Canada..that ain't quite true...made up from their respective countries welfare schemes,(just like PH)  lol   not quite true for little Annie in SA    more like a machete through the skull

Edited by izod10
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, izod10 said:

 

  Something cringeworthy at OAP ,here for countless years,complaining greatly reduced pension late in arriving...as for frozen? does it not state in immigration stamp  as temporary stay in Kingdom,...anyway mr/ms  UK decision maker at DWP would not intervene,too      to stand up straight

  first opening statement DWP penalties  ..no punishment...  if frozen OAP too thick or stupid to either read or comprehend up to him,deserves to lose the lot,quiet satisfaction as his non-rise is spread out to the unfrozen

 

sorry can you explain this in Normal terms ,are you saying the dwp would not prosecute if they caught you claiming ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry can you explain this in Normal terms ,are you saying the dwp would not prosecute if they caught you claiming ?

Look under PENALTIES   dwp type,    no nothing.      Now the only way any punishment ,by way of deductions would be any other benefit attached to it.  I can assume housing,,whatever....look it up

 

There will be posters along Im sure in next few hours,frightened of their own shadow type stating its not how it should be,sure is sunshine,just look it up

 

Edited by izod10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, izod10 said:

Look under PENALTIES   dwp type,    no nothing.      Now the only way any punishment ,by way of deductions would be any other benefit attached to it.  I can assume housing,,whatever....look it up

 

There will be posters along Im sure in next few hours,frightened of their own shadow type stating its not how it should be,sure is sunshine,just look it up

 

I must admit i was talking to some friends about this a year or so ago ,and googled for any pensioners that had been done for claiming ,could not find any ,did find people who had been claiming social while abroad ,but none for pension rises.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I think it was last December when I brought all the sad news of the demise of Rajab Al Zarahini and I am assuming that this thread is now the updated version of the previous thread. John joined the thread a few years ago asking a simple question and asking for members views, he was coming up to retirement and did not need the State Pension at the time and was considering deferring taking it for 3 years in which time his State Pension would have increased by 10.4% pa. He would lose by not claiming his SP about 30K but would after 3 years have a enhanced pension and better life. At that time he was in apparently good health. The upgrade I think is now 5.2% and not 10.4% but I guess that there are still people who might consider this route that John took and its a strong lesson to consider how important health is as we get older and how it is only going to go one way and thats downwards but we all assume that it wont change until something happens and things do happen, things we were not expecting so anyone thinking of this route take note of the above. John lost out on 30K and never got see his enhanced pension, HMG won big time

The second point of what happened here is also worth noting. He had a wife in Thailand and a Condo, his wife here was well off he told me that and he did not need to support her. He also had a house in the UK which I gather he left to his daughter, I gathered this when his Thai wife rang to tell of his death and thought she was entitled to the house in the UK as well!

Wills, make sure you make out a will whilst you are still clear what you want to do to avoid any difficult situations when you gone, one for here and one for the UK if you still have interested there and mention in each will that it does not affect the other one, whats in Thailand stays in Thailand and whats in the UK stays in the UK. Use simple unambiguous words and get a couple of people to witness it and date it.

 

Just in case you think the UK is bad in the pensions game here is a local example.

When I first visited Thailand over 10 years ago anyone over 60 got a 600 bts pension, its still 600bts! Last year the maybe the year before the current administration suddenly and without any warning raised the threshold from 60 to 66 years, some people do not have a social conscience do they, especially rich people who do not understand what poverty is.

 

 

Good point about the Will. Remember that marriage invalidates a Will.

 

I have seen a situation where someone left property to children, then married a Thai but did not think to write a new Will.  As a consequence the original was invalid and the Thai widow was able to claim the property under the rules of intestacy.

Share this post


Link to post

Rajab Al Zarahini-   ...This is the guy that never let facts get in the way of a good story line. The originator of amongst other  "arrested at the airport on return to UK""crying all the way to courts attempting to have the OAP restored"   not a clue,but sounded good,threw many into the frozen pit  

  Another story teller  the"its in there somewhere" working in tandem,quick 'phone call and the fear of God installed,Mork and Mindy at work ,both now dead,fact is Mindy also the originator by default of "Farang Tombstone"  benefits of property ownership in Thailand, and so he is,hes buried under it

   Rajab,or as one poster rebadged him Raj-Bag  sure had a hair trigger on the report button

  He stopped posting when challenged too many times on his story telling

 

Edit    From what I remember his last quote was" game set and match I think"   A right load of c.rap,knew he was in for a load of ridicule after that posting

Edited by izod10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Rajab Al Zarahini-   ...This is the guy that never let facts get in the way of a good story line. The originator of amongst other  "arrested at the airport on return to UK""crying all the way to courts attempting to have the OAP restored"   not a clue,but sounded good,threw many into the frozen pit  

  Another story teller  the"its in there somewhere" working in tandem,quick 'phone call and the fear of God installed,Mork and Mindy at work ,both now dead,fact is Mindy also the originator by default of "Farang Tombstone"  benefits of property ownership in Thailand, and so he is,hes buried under it

   Rajab,or as one poster rebadged him Raj-Bag  sure had a hair trigger on the report button

  He stopped posting when challenged too many times on his story telling

 

Edit    From what I remember his last quote was" game set and match I think"   A right load of c.rap,knew he was in for a load of ridicule after that posting

I hope you are proud of yourself. Whether true or false the guy can hardly defend himself now can he.........

Ever heard of "Don't speak ill etc..... 

Some people :annoyed:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, topt said:

I hope you are proud of yourself. Whether true or false the guy can hardly defend himself now can he.........

Ever heard of "Don't speak ill etc..... 

Some people :annoyed:

he could hardly defend himself when alive,kept asking later on when referencing the airport jibe to point it out,knew it was impossible as posts are removed from time to time,wish I had copied that one tho.    Just what damage that guy did to unnecessarily put ex-pats in a position that they had no option but to go frozen, and  eventually had no other option but to clear off back home ,

  As soon as he started on the bunkum of  OAPensions effecting Universal Credit he lost it,domestic issue,not foreign 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, nong38 said:

anyone over 60 got a 600 bts pension, its still 600bts

What is a "600 bts pension" and why the over 60 reference?  The pension ages then were 60 for females and 65 for males.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

What is a "600 bts pension" and why the over 60 reference?  The pension ages then were 60 for females and 65 for males.

he is referring to Thailand, but not saying he is correct

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...