BANGKOK
CharlieH

UK Pensions and related info - (2020)

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

my Q's for the experts are, by paying the extra 2 years will my cope amount reduce

and is the cope figure then taken off the actual amount i get on retirement day 1e £174.34 - £35.23 = £139.11 ( i think i know the answer to this one)

The COPE amount will remain the same (maybe adjusted by inflation or RPI or something).  It will not be taken off the headline amount.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You can believe whatever you like, the facts as i present them are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me god lol The fact that you might post lies and <deleted> does'nt give you the right to accuse me of the same, now run along now.....

Goodbye

You have had PM (conversation) with another TV member I believe,not that I am going to reveal what was actually quoted word for word between him and yourself,but it followed a path that  you did not know the process involving the contents that ,the letter involved

Cannot deny the letter,or its contents, just the fact how it evolved to that wording

• Sad 1

On 5/12/2020 at 5:43 AM, transam said:

Yep, and to prove us all wrong, and BritManToo being so right, I suggest he inform pensions where he lives and his pension status. He can then tell them to stick it up their as_ and see what happens .

Then get back to us with the resulting correspondence...

Bet he won't do that though, eh......🤭

Why should he? only individuals being robbed here are the frozen ones    Id say good luck to him and the others who have stood against  this ridiculous ruling and not abided by it.

Stated again,the only penalty DWP can inflict is a frozen pension,nothing more,nothing less,hardly worth a postage stamp What you say?  LOL

Is emotive issue,those that have it/those that don't,   will rumble on for time immemorial,least the unfrozen get the rises  lol

A off topic post has been removed.

Did it say clearly that there are areas where Yearly Increases will not be honoured when printed terms were first stated. I find this interesting, and hard to believe seeing that British Law is a benchmark the World tends to follow. If Countries were not stated, you are being defrauded. So answer the Question, YES or NO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Nearly there, but was that info available before internet. My Brit chum 86yo doesnt remember, he was so happy to be alive after WW2. Be nice if someone had a copy from back then.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, transam said:

The countries a UK bloke can retire too and get yearly increases has to have a reciprocal agreement with the UK. Thailand does not have one, the USA does, there is a list.

Our plight was taken to the European Court where 13 judges sat and listened to our case, we lost 8-5.

The UK refers to our pension as a benefit, so we must follow the benefit rules, sadly.

Now a couple of folk posting here are telling folk to tell lies to get a few more quid are just chancers, probably spent their whole lives doing that kinda stuff, they think they/we will all get away with falsifying information for a bit more cash.

Well I ain't a chancer when it comes to certain things, fiddling benefits is one.   

LOL     Reciprocal agreement?  chancers?  try obtaining it not a hope in hell  lol

80 year old treaty,was perhaps worth something then,not now. Nobody will take any notice,just get on with it

Purely a situation here of human rights,should have been fought on those grounds,  to be treated equally as others who have paid into a system,and expected their due (pitiful ) rewards.  Just because some lazy sods 80 years ago could not be bothered to complete the task in front of them  ie set agreements up unilateral, ran out of money/time/patience

Not told lies/not telling    enjoy your day  lol

..and as a high ranking ex unformed public sector employee c/w with high pension, I take offence at your suggestion.  Come across your sort day in/day out,looking  to anything and everything that does not suit your agenda, ....life's purpose to chase a  vanishing threat/dream/whatever   For you the damage is done,and it shows. I would just get over it,move on with what is left in your life.

Least if that is all I was left with, the miniscule state pension,and a frozen one at that, life would not be worth living   lol     Yes there are people here with the 400/800K in the bank,living on fresh air,see them virt.every day..pathetic

Edited by izod10
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Did it say clearly that there are areas where Yearly Increases will not be honoured when printed terms were first stated. I find this interesting, and hard to believe seeing that British Law is a benchmark the World tends to follow. If Countries were not stated, you are being defrauded. So answer the Question, YES or NO.

does this help 

3. When pensions were first introduced in 1925, they were only payable in Great Britain. Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. Subsequently, a provision was included in the Contributory Pension Act 1929 enabling pensions to be paid in His Majesty’s dominions (broadly the countries which now form the Commonwealth). When the rate of pension was increased in 1946, the increase was not paid to pensioners abroad. The reasons for this decision appear to have been related mainly to the then forthcoming new scheme of National Insurance. It was considered that the substantial increase in pension, from 10 to 26 shillings, was a first instalment of the new scheme and that pensioners abroad had made only a small contribution to their pensions and could not reasonably expect a share in the new scheme

taken from here a pdf, no page to view just a download - https://bit.ly/36LNI6i which is taken from here- https://www.parliament.uk/commons-library

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

does this help 

3. When pensions were first introduced in 1925, they were only payable in Great Britain. Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. Subsequently, a provision was included in the Contributory Pension Act 1929 enabling pensions to be paid in His Majesty’s dominions (broadly the countries which now form the Commonwealth). When the rate of pension was increased in 1946, the increase was not paid to pensioners abroad. The reasons for this decision appear to have been related mainly to the then forthcoming new scheme of National Insurance. It was considered that the substantial increase in pension, from 10 to 26 shillings, was a first instalment of the new scheme and that pensioners abroad had made only a small contribution to their pensions and could not reasonably expect a share in the new scheme

taken from here a pdf, no page to view just a download - https://bit.ly/36LNI6i which is taken from here- https://www.parliament.uk/commons-library

I do and have made no small contributions through out ,so now I want(and expect) a share in the new scheme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, izod10 said:

LOL     Reciprocal agreement?  chancers?  try obtaining it not a hope in hell  lol

80 year old treaty,was perhaps worth something then,not now. Nobody will take any notice,just get on with it

Purely a situation here of human rights,should have been fought on those grounds,  to be treated equally as others who have paid into a system,and expected their due (pitiful ) rewards.  Just because some lazy sods 80 years ago could not be bothered to complete the task in front of them  ie set agreements up unilateral, ran out of money/time/patience

Not told lies/not telling    enjoy your day  lol

..and as a high ranking ex unformed public sector employee c/w with high pension, I take offence at your suggestion.  Come across your sort day in/day out,looking  to anything and everything that does not suit your agenda, ....life's purpose to chase a  vanishing threat/dream/whatever   For you the damage is done,and it shows. I would just get over it,move on with what is left in your life.

Least if that is all I was left with, the miniscule state pension,and a frozen one at that, life would not be worth living   lol     Yes there are people here with the 400/800K in the bank,living on fresh air,see them virt.every day..pathetic

More bluster from a dodger.......High ranking ______telling folk to be dodgy....Gawd..............🤭

Hey, do you post on any other thread......?...........Stop worrying, you know everything about this subject....:whistling:

You come across "my sort" everyday, you mean, non dodgy, well there is hope for you yet...:stoner:

• Like 2