UK Pensions and related info

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, strikingsunset said:

Just listening to the Today programme on radio 4 they are discussing proposals of a compromise  2.5 per cent  increase to the state pension for the coming year.

It was always going to be something like this.....but a compromise might be 4% next year followed by 4%  year after 

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Looks like no state pension rises this year according to the newspapers ,as it would cost to much,mind you the govt have said they will accept 25000 more Afghan immigrants,doubt many will be women and children,

Over about 4 years,think 5000 first year  officially          4 billion on this lot and half a billion on OAP to unfreeze.   Fact is most UK do not want them,just UK govt telling us we have to accept them

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, strikingsunset said:

agree

looked at figures recently,if the UK govt do not implement this 8.8% rise to the OAP,a guy at 66 just retiring will lose some 81,000 pounds with compounding by the age of 82,      somebody else must have seen those figures,forget where I read them,seems one hell of a lot,keep looking tho

If they want to change it they should leave it indexed in some way.

e.g. the average of 2.5%, earnings growth, and inflation, in lieu of the highest of.

What the 2.5% represents is an increase figure which is "picked", not good going forward. could well be the earnings growth figure may reduce next year, but suspect inflation will still be pushing things along. .

The CPI is still a gradual slight devaluation anyway, CPIH is a bit better, There was a group of us discussing the price of our 80's Motorcycles when new, and used the projected CPI index as well as the R.P.I. which prevailed back then.  Very unlikely you could buy a current equivalent machine with the CPIed figure and even the RPIed figure fell a bit short, and this with all the modern engineering efficiency...????

%

• Sad 1

On 8/18/2021 at 10:15 AM, bert bloggs said:

Looks like no state pension rises this year according to the newspapers ,as it would cost to much,mind you the govt have said they will accept 25000 more Afghan immigrants,doubt many will be women and children,

We are frozen unless you somehow get the rises here!!!???

On 8/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, fredscats said:

Over about 4 years,think 5000 first year  officially          4 billion on this lot and half a billion on OAP to unfreeze.   Fact is most UK do not want them,just UK govt telling us we have to accept them

Unfreeze only another 75 YEARS TO GO and already over 75 years old ????????

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Excel said:

Another reason Boris and Rishak wanted out of the EU as one day the EU will enforce equal pension payments for all member states , quite rightly too in my opinion to ensure fairness, but too late for us in the UK now.

if you remember they tried this but it was blocked by Tony Blair of the labour party

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, transam said:

You can tell who they are, their houses have letterbox flaps on their front doors, to check if the bloke at the door is wearing a bowler hat....????

Bowler.jpg.bf0f630f1745cc0b36a28db1ab17ec01.jpg

Jealousy raising its ugly head again  lol  who is at the forefront  LOL     Now reading thru past 10 years worth of less than informed quotes "I do not Lie",   lol nothing ever has been or attempted to ascertain any individual living in LoS on unfrozen pension ,but DWP were unsucessful at attempting to fix one one on a couple   I quite enjoy the fact Im here on pension close on 200 quid a week< or will be, rather than close on 100 quid a week  

Any pensioner can easily check facts here   FoI for one...go try it, cheap enough,,,  fact is it has, years ago,nothing to show,but up to date more than welcome  "has any OAP been apprehended in recent on unfrozen pension"  Secondly there is time scale how far claims can go, been here 15 years? potential payback at most probably a third of time     from experience 3 years, and that is for winter fuel  bad boy  ,and nothing to show from those inadvertantly making a cock up of address    Thirdy for confirmation there are hosts of pension advisory columns , hosts of them,try some for confirmation,probably get laughed at,but worth a try   Again awaiting confirmation if any bowler hatted gent has been flapping letterboxes   lol

Again  I quite enjoy the fact Im here on pension close on 200 quid a week< or will be, rather than close on 100 quid a week    Thank You

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

If like you, I was on the fiddle, what would the first thing I wouldn't do if I had half a brain...?

You don't know, I would not post bragging posts on the Internet that I was.

Anonymous......????

Maybe he will follow that izod10(?) poster into oblivion, although possibly reincarnated as.........ohh, it will come to me in a minute!! Another reincarnation on the cards?

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, maxcorrigan said:

I was found out 10 months later through i think returned mail from my old address, they were very very nice about the fact i was living in Thailand informing me my pension would be frozen at the time i arrived in Thailand my pension was then reset to that time (there had been one increase by DWP) they did not ask or take back any of the extra money i had received just reset my pension payments, maybe if i been claiming the extra money over a longer period the outcome may have been different, but that was my experience FWIW! 

This is one of a number of past posts describing whatever actions that were undertaken   Can hardly state that that was in any way shape or form sanctionable or punishable

Its the dribble forever quoted of that frozen pit  c/w frozen pension

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:27 AM, Excel said:

Another reason Boris and Rishak wanted out of the EU as one day the EU will enforce equal pension payments for all member states , quite rightly too in my opinion to ensure fairness, but too late for us in the UK now.

It is a fact that pensions and the health service will some time in the not too distant future, be radically cut back. These are huge bills that governments can't afford.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, cooked said:

It is a fact that pensions and the health service will some time in the not too distant future, be radically cut back. These are huge bills that governments can't afford.

It is not a fact.  It is an opinion!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, fredscats said:

I am more than sure you were bombarding the pensions centre a fair while ago of just what you suggest,alas for you , no joy at your revelations ,as nothing was or will be done

The activety  you describe,have I admitted anything other than having a pension closer to 200 smackers than 100.? 

The more alert would  now be seeing an opportunity of obtaining a PI address far more easily,hence no frozen pension,but not for me to disclose

I would say  for you  brainless  ,at cost of 200 smackers at hoax letter writing

I would suggest tho,as your source of income diminishes yoy, that geen eyed monster takes on a whole new meaning   LOL

I haven't bombarded anyone over pensions, only the odd fiddler that turns up here, and yes, you are back..........????

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, ivor bigun said:

what you think there are pensioners here who have not told the dwp that they live here?

The only reason are the cheaters and liars but do not condone it BUT never hear of any prosecutions??

• Like 1