UK Pensions and related info

3 hours ago, nong38 said:

The House of Lords are kicking off about the increase and there seem to be hope that Sunak will give in and pay out the 8% we will see, they should after raising the National living wage to level that is well above what Pensioners get.

According to the papers there are two hopes of him giving in and one is Bob,mind you he may make the rise 4% .

On 11/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, Kwasaki said:

I didn't do anything it was the UK tax man that found out where I lived,  not that I was going to defauld went claiming.

I was aware my UK govt pension would be frozen as is my private ones I had taken that into account when I was planning retirement.

Problem is two pensions,one with company pension address,  one (OAP) with another address. for tax payers and (IM one) Your main address will default to company pension address,but no stress  as OAP will not be affected,tax authorities will do nothing

• Like 1

No Triple lock in April 2022.

From the Daily Express today 16/11/21

The House of Commons this evening voted against an amendment to legislation that sought to force the Government to rethink its plans to break its 2019 manifesto commitment.  (on the triple lock)

Instead, pensions will increase by 3.1 percent, in line with September's inflation figure.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Family will received a Dear sorry for your loss later and if an overpayment has been made a further letter 2-3 days demanding the repayment of the overpayment within 14 days

Does not

On 11/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, bert bloggs said:

I wonder what would happen when you die and have been using a Brit address, what would the dwp do?  Lol

The Brit address will do,after all that is your OAP registered address,will be paid into UK bank,no problem paying it back unless someone has your ATM card

• Like 1

Repayments when someone has died

If there has been an overpayment

DWP will write to you asking for the money back from the estate. They will tell you how any overpayment has been worked out and explain why it happened. They will also tell you how to pay.

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-overpayments/repayments-when-someone-has-died

dear sorry for your loss letter followed 2-3 days later by repayment within 14 days letter or the person dealing with your estate has to provide reasons why they are unable to make the repayment.

For UK bank accounts the DWP can access those accounts if required

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, BritManToo said:

Skype UK phone number $22 for 3 months.

Extra charge for outgoing calls (about $10 for 400 minutes), free for incoming calls.

I use it to call my UK bank, DWP, HMRC ....... never any problems, works perfectly. 

Well worth the expense for me to appear to be in London.

VeePN is a free add on for Chrome browser.

Also allows me to appear to be in London, also works with BBC iPlayer but not ITVplayer.

What are the limitations on the free VeePN?

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:

What are the limitations on the free VeePN?

Doesn't work with ITVplayer.

When you first select London, it often chooses France.

A second selection of London works.

It actually shows where you appear to be posting from on a map, along with your 'pretend' IP address.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

They "ask" for the money back, my Thai friend was asked to pay money back. I read the letter, I looked on the Net for info, I told her to ignore it, how can they get money back from you when it was not paid to you.

That was many months back, heard nothing since..

"ask for money back"  but this would not be Old Age Pension   the State Pension as it plainly states  a disqualifying pension,cannot be held liable for any form of retribution/punishment

As you stated in earlier posts "it was something else"   maybe jobseekers/sickness benefit/housing benefit ,local council rate relief/unauthorised (not licenced ) rentals/secured mental health accommodation,  any number of "other" benefits

"That was many months back, heard nothing since.."   looking for the post it was approx 6 years ago,so time limited,  nothing to pay back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Good post @vinny41. Thanks for this.

Yes was good,problem arises when death occurs outside of UK,no notification to authorities,(has occurred) that is up to 2 years before PoL is required,receive pension in UK,no PoL needed,  receive pension evermore if standing order/PoA is in place.

Retired 25 years ago ,public sector,  not one PoL ever been received, bank activety I suspect detected,  now that is one hell of a chunk if Id croaked years ago, 

But still  21.60 pounds per month better off with 3.1% rise for OAP pensioners ,next years will be better as election looms

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 8:30 AM, fredscats said:

Yes was good,problem arises when death occurs outside of UK,no notification to authorities,(has occurred) that is up to 2 years before PoL is required,receive pension in UK,no PoL needed,  receive pension evermore if standing order/PoA is in place.

Retired 25 years ago ,public sector,  not one PoL ever been received, bank activety I suspect detected,  now that is one hell of a chunk if Id croaked years ago, 

But still  21.60 pounds per month better off with 3.1% rise for OAP pensioners ,next years will be better as election looms

3.1 % pension rise next year ,that is if you have a Brit address and bank account,wonder how many out herehave that ,lots i bet.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

3.1 % pension rise next year ,that is if you have a Brit address and bank account,wonder how many out herehave that ,lots i bet.

If you live 6 months UK and 6 months Thailand not a problem.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, fredscats said:

"ask for money back"  but this would not be Old Age Pension   the State Pension as it plainly states  a disqualifying pension,cannot be held liable for any form of retribution/punishment

As you stated in earlier posts "it was something else"   maybe jobseekers/sickness benefit/housing benefit ,local council rate relief/unauthorised (not licenced ) rentals/secured mental health accommodation,  any number of "other" benefits

"That was many months back, heard nothing since.."   looking for the post it was approx 6 years ago,so time limited,  nothing to pay back

Maybe pension credits, but if you apply you must show details of your bank account for the previous three months when you apply, and at the last I heard, if you have more than £10.000 in  it you cannot apply.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, bert bloggs said:

Should think so.  Its the thought tho of years of self denial for no good reason, earlier stated the SP was non-sanctionable, could not have been clearer. even more clearer now with abridged wording    Bound to have a following the frozen lot,bitterness at thoughts of loss and more-so at continuing loss. Jealousy,the green eyed monster reels forth