UK Pensions and related info

Just now, transam said:

The bloke turns up here every now and again to brag about his extra few quid he fiddles on his state pension. Only a fool would brag about that on an open forum.....Need I say more...????

But you have said more ,earlier,just word for repeated word pours forth

Please for your own sake ,for your own sake  seek advice from DWP,will not harm you ,but having so much contact with them sure reduces bandwidth

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Can dig it out <snip>

Please do.

5 minutes ago, fredscats said:

But as I stated bitterness and resentment abound,please do not attempt to vilify your frustrations on the righteous ones,a lifelong frustration which in turn will make you a nasty person

I have many years to go before I will get my state pension and don't know where I'll be living by then, but I have done my own research and you should perhaps do the same.  No need for me to feel bitter etc.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

Just now, fredscats said:

But you have said more ,earlier,just word for repeated word pours forth

Please for your own sake ,for your own sake  seek advice from DWP,will not harm you ,but having so much contact with them sure reduces bandwidth

You are the one with the fiddles worked out, you get in touch with Pensions stating your fiddle and get back to us with the black and white paperwork as proof.

Now as you say there is no problem, then it should be easy for you with no threat of prosecution.

Go for it, shut us all up....???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

You are the one with the fiddles worked out, you get in touch with Pensions stating your fiddle and get back to us with the black and white paperwork as proof.

Now as you say there is no problem, then it should be easy for you with no threat of prosecution.

Don't bother let him keep looking over his shoulder.

Rather than him than me.

Money uk bank, Taxman found out I was here, DWP sent my application pension forms to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't bother let him keep looking over his shoulder.

Rather than him than me.

Money uk bank, Taxman found out I was here, DWP sent my application pension forms to Thailand.

Fantasy,pure fantasy,but the frozen posse are naturally upset and naturally will be even more upset at continuation of frozen pension ,assure you no looking anywhere  ,read the rules....Disqualifying/non-sanctionable as they apply,read and absorb,just read regulations,easy

Enough I think  Ive got it,you ain't

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:38 AM, bert bloggs said:

No takers i see lol, 

There are a few no doubt and some brag about it  under a false site name and of course the majority who play by the rules or indeed have no family are penalised. just like in all other aspects too!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, treetops said:

I think the expression most used at this stage is you've been caught with your pants down.  Or maybe liar, liar pants on fire.

Take your pick.

But there is never any action by the authorities!!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:21 AM, transam said:

The bloke turns up here every now and again to brag about his extra few quid he fiddles on his state pension. Only a fool would brag about that on an open forum.....Need I say more...????

A few quid and a little more I think !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, Kwasaki said:

They probably started off on a basic only pension to start with I guess and the sort of people you wouldn't trust anyway. 

Seeing a lot of people having trouble with their state pension and mine was due today 18th but realise it was a bank holiday in the UK and Thailand at the beginning of January and yes checked ATM 5pm and yes usually goes in the next day.
I have not had any trouble before but do not trust anything the UK does, yes even the simple things.
What a country!!!

Edited by jwest10
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Seeing a lot of people having trouble with their state pension and mine was due today 18th but realise it was a bank holiday in the UK and Thailand at the beginning of January and yes checked ATM 5pm and yes usually goes in the next day.
I have not had any trouble before but do not trust anything the UK does, yes even the simple things.
What a country!!!

You like it but you had any trouble and yes noticed it before when a bank holday in either country , normally an extra day to hit account in Thailand.

57 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

What a country!!!

When my pensions are due on a weekend or a public holiday, they are paid on the Friday or whatever the day before a public holiday if it is a weekday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

When my pensions are due on a weekend or a public holiday, they are paid on the Friday or whatever the day before a public holiday if it is a weekday.

Thanks Billd 766 and yes as mine fell on a working day it is the next day and yes very small other amounts if due on the w/e goes in on a Friday and will check ATM again today 19 Jan

All the best

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:31 AM, transam said:

LOL   seem a lot quieter,perhaps have shut you up  LOL    "no threat of prosecution."   no there is none,never has been,never will be   "black and white paperwork as proof." a shade of grey maybe.

Volunteering information does have consequences though as you are experiencing

There is far more in DWP regulations as shown before that indicates absolutely no threat to pension,  read it..........but all this will be forgotten next week and ranting begins again    lol

Edited by fredscats

• 2 weeks later...

Just started to fill in my state pension form IPC-BR1.

One of the sections on marriage requires a marriage certificate, that's if you select send original documents box.

Along with birth certificate etc, which I have original.

I was married in Don Mueang District, Bangkok, on 16 March 2007 and have the Thai language certificates. So do I need to have them translated into English, or just post off them as they are.

Anyone have up to date info on this?

I found the form not exactly easy as not very experienced in PDF/Acrobat reader stuff.

THX

On 1/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, fredscats said:

LOL   seem a lot quieter,perhaps have shut you up  LOL    "no threat of prosecution."   no there is none,never has been,never will be   "black and white paperwork as proof." a shade of grey maybe.

Volunteering information does have consequences though as you are experiencing

There is far more in DWP regulations as shown before that indicates absolutely no threat to pension,  read it..........but all this will be forgotten next week and ranting begins again    lol

Dont know about ranting ,but no posts for ages ,where is everyone? Waiting for their rise in april i suppose lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

As you won't get anything for your wife, and she will get anything on your departure, the marriage proof seems a bit daft. They have a help line, they are very good, I used them way back when. So don't mess about doing anything until you phone them..

Yes I agree, I was tempted to tick the single box and if asked just say village wedding. But these things may catch you out......

Just now, phutoie2 said:

Yes I agree, I was tempted to tick the single box and if asked just say village wedding. But these things may catch you out......

Tick you are married, you never know if things may change in the future. I am near sure I didn't send any marriage stuff, can't remember though. Make that call..Have your national insurance number handy....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

Forget about the forms, i just recently done everything by phone. After you give your NI # and all is clear with your file, they will ask various questions. I never had to send any document's to there office. Also have your bank info handy. Its very easy and i had no issues receiving the payment. 

You will have issues eventually with payment,..it will get smaller in relation to others

• Haha 1