UK Pensions and related info

On 2/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, evadgib said:

This will be overturned if;

a) UK enter into new agreements as a result of Brexit, &

b  ) If enough people that aren't yet caught up in it (ie the 40 to 65's) and their UK based relatives join the consortium and/or support the cause via social media.

I was gobsmacked to discover that just one person worldwide is a paid-up member of both the BPiA and CABP.....

(I have no idea how many paid up members live in Thailand but I doubt if it's more than 3-4% of the total living here)

The 3 of the pension consortiums work hard but that word ACTION  by those who could but refuse to do so.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, Malawi said:

Get it sent to your Thai account.

No charges at either end and a better rate.

Yes confirm but if sending over savings via internet banking charge both ends and God know why in Thailand as the meagre amount goes into your bank account!!!

16 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Same as in the UK but they know about it ofcourse they do. Liars the lot of them.

Are you a member of CABP BPiA or are you yet another that simply rants all day expecting everyone else to get on with it? Brits living in LoS/SE Asia can join either or both but very few seem to have bothered.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, Tanoshi said:

Of course you can have any Pension sent directly to a bank of your choice, but at what cost.

I have 2 private Pension providers.

One is a member of the bahtnet scheme, so can transfer as mentioned above (Bahtnet).

The other is not a member but can transfer from their bank, but the fee is deducted from the Pension payment. In that situation it better to have it paid into your UK account then transfer with TW, which is far cheaper.

The other thing to consider is if using the income method, how will this be coded by your bank and will your Immigration office understand that a 'Bahtnet' payment is an International transfer.

If not, you'll need to obtain an 'FET' (Foreign Exchange Transfer) form from BOT as proof of an overseas transfer, which is more hassle.

Others of course maintain a UK address and still receive their annual Pension increases.

Transferring direct to a Thai bank is a dead give away, so certainly not recommended.

The cheats you mean and also next of kin some do not inform the pension people but still get the ex spouses pension in to the joint account.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, sandyf said:

You will find the details here

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-file-self-assessment-tax-return

You will need to register with government gateway, not sure if problems with that from here as I have been registered for about 15 years. You also need a phone number for the OTP login.

Good luck.

Tried it the other day and got a ref no and they knew in Thailand but not allowed to proceed.

14 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Are you a member of CABP BPiA or are you yet another that simply rants all day expecting everyone else to get on with it? Brits living in LoS/SE Asia can join either or both but very few seem to have bothered.

Some indeed are members of the reform alliance pension on facebook and do more than enough but you are so right. apathy , EVEN WHEN THEY ARE AFFECTED OR INDEED THEIR FAMILIES DOWN THE LINE.

Edited by jwest10
SPELLING
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, evadgib said:

wITH RESPECT I AM A MEMBER OF BPIA AND ALSO THE REFORMED ALLIANCE SITE ON FACEBOOK AND VERY ACTIVE IN SUPPORT OF OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, SO DON'T QUOTE ME.

12 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

The cheats you mean and also next of kin some do not inform the pension people but still get the ex spouses pension in to the joint account.

If you die, the hospital inform the Police, who inform your Embassy, who inform the Home office, who inform DWP and Inland revenue.

The only way your widow would still have access to your state pension is if she reserved a spot for you at the bottom of the garden, next to the cat and never told anyone.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you die, the hospital inform the Police, who inform your Embassy, who inform the Home office, who inform DWP and Inland revenue.

The only way your widow would still have access to your state pension is if she reserved a spot for you at the bottom of the garden, next to the cat and never told anyone.

nOT SO SURE ABOUT THIS!!!

39 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

- They are supposed to but quite often don't or are too slow to be of any real help this end.

- The Embassy inform the Foreign office who in turn may inform local UK police if death is other than by natural causes but they're under no obligation to notify DWP, HM Mafia (IR) or any other agency, indeed GDPR almost certainly prevents them doing so in much the same way as it did re pension letters.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

- They are supposed to but quite often don't or are too slow to be of any real help this end.

- The Embassy inform the Foreign office who in turn may inform local UK police if death is other than by natural causes but they're under no obligation to notify DWP, HM Mafia (IR) or any other agency, indeed GDPR almost certainly prevents them doing so in much the same way as it did re pension letters.

HTH

so if you had not informed the pension service you were living here ,and they find out after you die ,do they dig you up and put you on trial?????

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, maxcorrigan said:

24 Billion surplus wow! of which a big chunk belongs to us on frozen pensions, great to see these Canadians and others are still in there batting for us and keeping us informed through these news sheets, well done all!

Yes, I do fight and am very active on this diabolical and total discrimination issue of frozen state pensions on many sites and the reformed alliance of Pensioners on Facebook.
Perhaps you and others could become more involved but in essence they want you to suffer even more poverty and want you dead ASAP.
Don't just leave it to a few and APATHY indeed and would be nice if we get support and active and not leave it for a few of us to work on behalf of all of you, unless of course you have pots of gold . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

On 8/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, evadgib said:

You get lost I am very active and how dare you. Very angry indeed o not engage
Yes ok now

Edited by jwest10
adding
  • Confused 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, evadgib said:

HTH

"They are supposed to but quite often don't or are too slow to be of any real help this end."

Which, of course, is the main reason why we are periodically saddled with the Life Certificate bureaucracy as far as the State Pension is concerned.

"indeed GDPR almost certainly prevents them doing so in much the same way as it did re pension letters"

It is IMHO a matter of considerable regret that this particular piece of EU legislation wasn't one of those that was binned by the UK on 31st March last.☹️

Hi to the vast majority of members and thanks to you indeed for help on many subjects
Just on this topic of extremely baffling and total complicated  and discriminatory pension issues concerning the UK.
I just wish to pass on my experience of the Life Certificate State Pension issue and have read of peoples good and bad experiences on this.
Yes, indeed apparently this are sent randomly but many people and like myself and they have a 2 year maturity period and have received a form in each of these years 2016, 2018 and yesterday 2nd September and the latter one was dated 3rd August so just about a month to get here.
I noticed from the brown envelope that it came via Bangkok but it is obviously not sent by recorded delivery but arrived it did and can confirm one still has 16 weeks to return it from the date of the letter.
I always send this kind of stuff via recorded delivery and not sure if it makes any difference as supposed to be signed for the other end!!
Yes, one has to laugh when they say sent out randomly and in many peoples cases it simply is not true.
I was asking a few friends in the UK who receive the State Pension, updated each and every single year and here of course Frozen here and do they receive these life forms and appears they don't and don't know others that do either.
Not ranting but more discrimination against British born and bred citizens and yes already mentioned the frozen State pension issue, of which am a very active participation and fighting for all our brothers and sisters to get us the same pension.
Just thought try to be helpful to you all and hope it helps but realise other people have more severe problems but always a worry and also the annual renewal of retirement extensions and others but that is for another site.
Have a good day, folks and don't spend all of your your frozen pension in one day and yes it is meagre but helps a little bit!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

These "cheats" you refer to have paid into their pensions all their working life, the real cheats are the UK Government.

That's not how the UK state pension works.  What you paid in during your working life was to pay the people drawing their pension at that time.  Workers now are paying in for current pensioners.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, izod10 said:

You have had PM (conversation) with another TV member I believe,not that I am going to reveal what was actually quoted word for word between him and yourself,but it followed a path that  you did not know the process involving the contents that ,the letter involved

Cannot deny the letter,or its contents, just the fact how it evolved to that wording

Please tell me how you know what went on in a PM between two other members?

• Like 1