TM30 - how to do it?

When I fly back to Thailand (BKK) I will be moving in with the gf who rents from her cousin. Believe that a TM30 needs to be done within 72 hours of arriving in BKK, correct?

No written rental contract between them as they are family. Cousin lives and works overseas. How can a TM30 form be done to satisfy immigration's requirements in this situation? I believe the cousin needs to do this online via some website (don't know which one) or some app (believe that it can only be downloaded in Thailand). Is it possible for the cousin being overseas and without a written rental contract to do this and if so, how?

So long as you can get hold of copies of the blue book, etc, or generate a lease document, you can report online or at the office. links to the online are on immigration websites.

1 hour ago, kelboy said:

You have more posts than me and your asking about TM30 come on.

Just go to your local immigration within 24 hours. 

Go to the immgration with what???? I'm sure they'll show you the door if you just turn up there with no documents that they require. Plus it's the landlord that is meant to register the tenant (or person staying there) the 1st time they arrive there. Usually handled by a real estate agent when a new foreigner tenant moves in.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Going to immigration not possible ?

Yes can go to Chaeng Wattana but with what documents? Just myself and passport? I'm sure they won't accept it.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

So long as you can get hold of copies of the blue book, etc, or generate a lease document, you can report online or at the office. links to the online are on immigration websites.

Have no idea what a blue book is. Will need to ask the gf to ask her cousin. Hopefully the cousin didn't take it overseas to the place she's working.

Generating a lease document with the gf as the tenant would be sufficient for immigration? Or need to do a fake lease agreement with my name as the tenant?

I'm guessing this is the correct link for the "landlord cousin" to do a TM30 online? https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

And this is the registration page for them to first register? https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

>> I have PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file a TM30 of you staying there.

Easy (if you know how to do it)!

Note: To access your PM messages click on the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Just now, bbi1 said:

Have no idea what a blue book is. Will need to ask the gf to ask her cousin. Hopefully the cousin didn't take it overseas to the place she's working.

Surely the cousin has a camera and could email/sms/line/whatsapp/viber/facebook message a copy.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

>> I have PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file a TM30 of you staying there.

Note: To access your PM messages click on the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Ok thanks Peter, I'll take a look at it ????

OP, how long will you be staying at gf.

What I mean is are you actually moving to Thailand. Unless you need to attend immigration then IMO do nothing.

I'm in and out of Thailand every other week, I would only do a tm30 just prior to attending imm for reason such as extension. 

If you decide to file a tm30 you can try Peters guide. You will need it as many have found online app difficult. You can also do it by mail and file as possessor. Plenty of threads on that. Which imm office do you use.

I would do nothing. Up to you.

I stayed with my girlfriend in Bangkok on numerous occasions and she just laughed when I suggested that she report to Immigration. If there is no report, then no one knows you ever left your province. After two years, I have never had any problems. If you want to make it difficult, go ahead and file a report yourself, otherwise, no one is the wiser.

10 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Why, is it a secret?

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, how long will you be staying at gf.

What I mean is are you actually moving to Thailand. Unless you need to attend immigration then IMO do nothing.

I'm in and out of Thailand every other week, I would only do a tm30 just prior to attending imm for reason such as extension. 

If you decide to file a tm30 you can try Peters guide. You will need it as many have found online app difficult. You can also do it by mail and file as possessor. Plenty of threads on that. Which imm office do you use.

I would do nothing. Up to you.

Aso to add if he takes the GF away for the weekend she should book the room cause if he gives over his passport the hotel may file a TM.30.

24 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I stayed with my girlfriend in Bangkok on numerous occasions and she just laughed when I suggested that she report to Immigration. If there is no report, then no one knows you ever left your province. After two years, I have never had any problems. If you want to make it difficult, go ahead and file a report yourself, otherwise, no one is the wiser.

Exactly. Just to add. When was last report of fine etc tm30. I did my first few months back for attend CW for annual extension. The io did not even look at my first ever tm30 in 7 years here. She just pushed it back to me. Was not even interested. Before folk tell me that's because you had tm30 on file, how's that possible if never done one. Even prior to my first ever annual extension.

I'm going to borrow this thread a bit. 

What info do I need to do the TM30 myself? 

My agent/owner is going AWOL. I understand it's there duty to report it, but it's me that has to pay up the day I go for my extension. 

- Adress + Unit number

- Copy rental contract

- My personal info

- Copy my passport / Immigration card

? Owner ID? Owner name? 

I can make out the owner name from my rental contract, but I can not provide a photo copy of the ID. 

Thanks a lot. ????

I have the same problem, my owner a Thai lady a little above 70 years old, before she lived in Samui and always answered the phone, now due to her important health problem she went to Surat Thani on the continent to live with her niece, she have no children, I will have soon to go to Bangkok the TM30 is already a problem for me I have no idea how I will manage to be able to have one send to Immigration in 24 hours!

On 1/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, kelboy said:

You have more posts than me and your asking about TM30 come on.

Just go to your local immigration within 24 hours. 

well said......this subject has been covered SO many times, surely he/she can go IMM. and ask the relevant questions....

On 1/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, bbi1 said:

No written rental contract between them as they are family. Cousin lives and works overseas. How can a TM30 form be done to satisfy immigration's requirements in this situation?

To my knowledge it's a TM28 form you need, if you report the address yourself – TM30 is for landlords, including hotels – you can download the form (both TM28 and TM30) here.

You need to report within 24 hours from arrival at the address, either to the local immigration office, and if an immigration office is not available, then to the local police station. You might also be able to mail the form to the immigration office by letter (I have no experience in that, perhaps some other poster has and kindly will enlighten us).

On 1/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, bbi1 said:

Go to the immgration with what???? I'm sure they'll show you the door if you just turn up there with no documents that they require. Plus it's the landlord that is meant to register the tenant (or person staying there) the 1st time they arrive there. Usually handled by a real estate agent when a new foreigner tenant moves in.

Yes can go to Chaeng Wattana but with what documents? Just myself and passport? I'm sure they won't accept it.

No real estate agency are responsible for the TM30 report unless it's in the contract or you made an agreement. You need signed copies of the owners blue house book and ID-card. Some immigration offices wants a "power of attorney" to accept your report if you go there yourself, some don't. Another option is using the Section38 app, but then same documents are needed when registering without the power of attorney. If you had a rental contract it would help. Then you could register yourself as Foreigner, then as the possessor on Section38 using the first page of your contract and the info/photo page in your passport. Those two documents needs to be uploaded when registering. Without any of the mentioned documents, you might have a problem, and you should have thought about this earlier when you decided to move in with your gf. 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:17 PM, KhunFred said:

Your advise is totally incorrect. If I don't go and report my address I will certainly have problems when going for an extension of stay two months after flying back in every time on a METV. Lots of people have previously been fined at different offices around the country as well as needing to do one before they were allowed to extend.

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge it's a TM28 form you need, if you report the address yourself – TM30 is for landlords, including hotels – you can download the form (both TM28 and TM30) here.

You need to report within 24 hours from arrival at the address, either to the local immigration office, and if an immigration office is not available, then to the local police station. You might also be able to mail the form to the immigration office by letter (I have no experience in that, perhaps some other poster has and kindly will enlighten us).

On the TM28 form it says that the police station needs to be notified of the address: http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm28.pdf

หมายเหตุ ๑. ยายที่พักตองแจงภายใน  ๒๔ ชั่วโมง

Your local police station must be notified of any change of address within 24 hours.

That is confusing. Is it a must to go to the station?

The TM28 form also doesn't say that any documents (like a blue book or owners ID or rental contract) are needed when handing in the form. Just only needing to fill it up. So does that mean only when a landlord is doing their own reporting on a TM30 they need to hand in those ID forms?

9 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Is it TM28 if I want to do it by myself and TM30 if my landlord/agent does it? 

No

A TM28 form is for a change of address. 

The TM30 form can be done by the possessor of the residence which could be you. You would need a rental agreement,  copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

That is confusing. Is it a must to go to the station?

Most police stations would not accept a TM28 form or even know what it is for.

A TM28 for is only needed to report a change of address in most cases at immigration. Many offices now want the TM30 form instead of a TM28 form now.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many offices now want the TM30 form instead of a TM28 form now.

"Many offices" - does that include CW in BKK? I was previously living in the Jomtien immigration area and have a TM30 registered with them there but will now be moving to BKK.

Archived