TM30 - how to do it?

16 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

"Many offices" - does that include CW in BKK? I was previously living in the Jomtien immigration area and have a TM30 registered with them there but will now be moving to BKK.

Chaengwattana are not interested in TM28.  They also seem to have relaxed the TM30 reporting rules and now only require one when coming back from overseas.  Even then, we have had instances recently when Extensions have been given without a TM30 being mentioned or a fine imposed.

41 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Chaengwattana are not interested in TM28.  They also seem to have relaxed the TM30 reporting rules and now only require one when coming back from overseas.  Even then, we have had instances recently when Extensions have been given without a TM30 being mentioned or a fine imposed.

Only for retirement extensions or also for METV extensions where they were relaxed about it not being done when coming back from overseas?

14 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Is it TM28 if I want to do it by myself and TM30 if my landlord/agent does it? 

The TM28 is the one used for "Change of Address". For example when moving to another province,but then a TM30 is also needed. Several immigration offices don't want the TM28, just the TM30. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

A TM28 form is for a change of address. 

The TM30 form can be done by the possessor of the residence which could be you. You would need a rental agreement,  copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

Thanks, but if one moves from for example a place where the landlord has already registered one – like hotel or kind of resort – would't it then just be a "change of address"?

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, but if one moves from for example a place where the landlord has already registered one – like hotel or kind of resort – would't it then just be a "change of address"?

A Change of Address + the TM30 is more of a permanent change of address for expats to another province to be able to start doing 90 days reports and extensions at the new local immigration office. 

At hotels or resorts there are no landlords, but they are by law required to report you,but it doesn't always happen. If you're here as a tourist, you don't have to think about the TM30. Proper hotels/resorts, even guesthouses normally report you when they ask for your passport. If not,who cares?

On 1/13/2020 at 12:27 AM, aldriglikvid said:

I'm going to borrow this thread a bit. 

What info do I need to do the TM30 myself? 

My agent/owner is going AWOL. I understand it's there duty to report it, but it's me that has to pay up the day I go for my extension. 

- Adress + Unit number

- Copy rental contract

- My personal info

- Copy my passport / Immigration card

? Owner ID? Owner name? 

I can make out the owner name from my rental contract, but I can not provide a photo copy of the ID. 

Thanks a lot. ????

Are you going to report in person or online? 

What immigration office do you belong to? 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, bbi1 said:

Only for retirement extensions or also for METV extensions where they were relaxed about it not being done when coming back from overseas?

The need for a TM30 at CW has normally nothing to do with the type of extension, except maybe when extending a stay 30 days as a tourist.

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Are you going to report in person or online? 

What immigration office do you belong to? 

In person - Jomtien. Any help to which documents needed would be great ????

I figure if I try to bring 80-90% of what they want, perhaps they could show some leniency with the TM30. The only thing I can't re-produce is a photo copy of the owners ID, or other personal info except full name.  

On 1/14/2020 at 2:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

No

A TM28 form is for a change of address. 

The TM30 form can be done by the possessor of the residence which could be you. You would need a rental agreement,  copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

Sorry, but I knew I've read some official thing in Thaivisa news section about TM28 is the form used, if a foreigner reports his/her own address, instead of a landlord using a TM30, it's here from Phuket Immigration...

https://www.thephuketnews.com/right-on-time- phuket-immigration-explain-tm30-and-tm28-requirements-for-reporting-foreigners-72693.php

“No, we don’t hold foreigners responsible for filing the TM30. Foreigners just need to make sure that they fill in a TM28. The TM30 is the landlord’s job,” Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Col Nareuwat Putthawiro said plainly on Wednesday (Aug 28).

The TM30 is the form for landlords to report to Immigration within 24 hours of the arrival of any foreign tenants, as required under Section 38 of the Thailand Immigration Act of 1979.

The TM28 form is for foreigners to report themselves to Immigration after staying away from their registered address for more than 24 hours, as required under Section 37 (c) of the same act.

“The TM30 is the house owner’s responsibility, whether the home owner is a Thai or a foreigner,” Col Nareuwat said.

If a landlord refuses to – or is unable to – comply by filing a TM30 to report the foreigner as staying, or returning to stay, at the foreigner’s registered address, that is not the foreigner’s responsibliity, Col Nareuwat explained.

“All the foreigner has to do is submit a TM28. That’s all the foreigner is responsible for. If the foreigner is applying for an extension to stay, they need not worry about whether or not their landlord has reported them through a TM30 – it will not affect the foreigner’s application,” he added...

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Sorry, but I knew I've read some official thing in Thaivisa news section about TM28 is the form used, if a foreigner reports his/her own address, instead of a landlord using a TM30, it's here from Phuket Immigration...

There is nothing in the immigration act in sections 37 and 38 that states that.

The two forms are for different reasons. 

Just false and misleading info in that news article that was done almost 6 months ago.

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/right-on-time- phuket-immigration-explain-tm30-and-tm28-requirements-for-reporting-foreigners-72693.php

You are reading about Phuket immigration. Those rules don't apply at most other offices, incl for example CW in BKK and Jomtien Immigration in Pattaya. The TM28 is for an official Change of Address for example when an expat moves to another province to be able to start doing 90 days reports and 1 year extensions. But several offices don't want the TM28,just the TM30. And you can selfreport both online,using the app or manually at several offices as the possessor even as a tenant. If you don't have a clue how it works, then I think you should listen to people who do. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are reading about Phuket immigration. Those rules don't apply at most other offices, incl for example CW in BKK and Jomtien Immigration in Pattaya. The TM28 is for an official Change of Address for example when an expat moves to another province to be able to start doing 90 days reports and 1 year extensions. But several offices don't want the TM28,just the TM30. And you can selfreport both online,using the app or manually at several offices as the possessor even as a tenant. If you don't have a clue how it works, then I think you should listen to people who do. 

I do have a clue, and I do TM30 online – and I also presume that an Immigration Deputy Chief has a clue about how it works, and that's what I quoted in reply to ubonjoe...????

I didn’t know how to do it either, so I went to Chiang Mai immigration and asked them. I hear every office is different.

they asked me for my lease, which I had, and my passport. Done within a few minutes. I went there at around 2:30pm.

They did not ask me for anything else.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:39 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, how long will you be staying at gf.

What I mean is are you actually moving to Thailand. Unless you need to attend immigration then IMO do nothing.

I'm in and out of Thailand every other week, I would only do a tm30 just prior to attending imm for reason such as extension. 

If you decide to file a tm30 you can try Peters guide. You will need it as many have found online app difficult. You can also do it by mail and file as possessor. Plenty of threads on that. Which imm office do you use.

I would do nothing. Up to you.

I would also do nothing if I had any sort of visa (not extension of stay) unless an extension of stay of the visa were pertinent. However, for say a non-O multi entry, it's much easier just to go out of country and apply for a new one, meaning there is little to no reason to ever do a TM30. Thailand doesn't check for TM30s when entering or leaving the country (unlike Beijing has started doing) and I hear the consensus is that immigration has quietly softened it's stance on who needs to do TM30s and for what purposes. Sounds like it's a reaction to the whole debacle that was all over the media between March and around September of last year. Since then, very little has been said or heard about the TM30.

On 1/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, aldriglikvid said:

I figure if I try to bring 80-90% of what they want, perhaps they could show some leniency with the TM30. The only thing I can't re-produce is a photo copy of the owners ID, or other personal info except full name.  

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to file your TM30s (as well as of any foreign guest staying at your place).

Note: To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

On 1/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, bbi1 said:

"Many offices" - does that include CW in BKK? I was previously living in the Jomtien immigration area and have a TM30 registered with them there but will now be moving to BKK.

There were several posts here last year about CW and TM30 reporting, and that they do accept the TM30 to be self reported as the possessor. No need for the TM28.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, aldriglikvid said:

I have self reported the TM30 twice at Jomtien Immigration since 2017 when changing condo. You need to fill in the form you get at the front desk = 2 papers stapled together.

You fill in the first page as the possessor/owner in your name and address. On the second page you report yourself as the guest. All info you need is in your passport. You need these copies:

A copy of your rental contract.

2 copies from your passport:

The photo page and the entry stamp.

A copy of your departure card (the TM6-card). 

All copies signed at the bottom in blue ink.

That's what I used and it worked perfectly. The only problem with self reporting is the possible fine if you haven't been reported earlier or if it was a while ago. They might mention the "unofficial" 72 hours after entering the country. The fine is normally 1600 baht at Jomtien Immigration. People aware of this sometimes checks in at a hotel where they will be reported, and then go to immigration for the TM30 report. You might save 1000 baht doing the same if the 1600 baht is to much for you. If not, pay the eventual fine with a smile and then staple the TM30 receipt in your passport. When travelling in Thailand, you don't need to report again when coming back to the last reported address. Just keep doing the 90 days reports. 

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to file your TM30s (as well as of any foreign guest staying at your place).

Note: To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

You're a true hero ???? Thanks! 

• 6 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, Peter Denis said:

>> I have PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file a TM30 of you staying there.

Easy (if you know how to do it)!

Note: To access your PM messages click on the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Could you please pm those instructions to me? 

Can I register online by myself, or does it have to be done by my landlord? 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Thanks

You can register on behalf of the landlord, or register as tenant.

Did PM you the step-by-step instruction, and you're welcome.

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Thanks

You're actually not supposed to register online as a tenant even if people says so. If you succeed to register as a foreigner, in the system you'll be the owner/landlord of your registered address and are able to register people staying with you. That's what it's officially are designed for. Let's say you're moving to another address. That can not be changed online. Then you have to register again with a new username as a foreigner,but the old registration will still be in the system. It's much better if your landlord registers and report you as a guest and if he agrees to give you the username and password. In the system online you have to enter move in and move out date, and the move out date can only be 1 year ahead. If you're staying not to far from Immigration, the TM30 report in person is very simple if your local immigration office accepts self reporting as the possessor. I have done 3 reports myself in person when changing condo and it took maybe 5-7 minutes every time. 

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Let's say you're moving to another address. That can not be changed online. Then you have to register again with a new username as a foreigner,but the old registration will still be in the system.

Good point. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's much better if your landlord registers and report you as a guest and if he agrees to give you the username and password. In the system online you have to enter move in and move out date, and the move out date can only be 1 year ahead.

If you're staying not to far from Immigration, the TM30 report in person is very simple if your local immigration office accepts self reporting as the possessor. I have done 3 reports myself in person when changing condo and it took maybe 5-7 minutes every time. 

Even easier to register ON BEHALF of the owner/landlord.  You only need a copy of their thai ID-card and a copy of the house-book to do that.  That will allow you to register with YOUR e-mail address, so that you do not have to bother the owner/landlord with this.

But in case the landlord is not willing to provide you with a copy of his ID-card, there is the option to register as tenant using your passport and copy of the rental contract.

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, kelboy said:

You have more posts than me and your asking about TM30 come on.

Just go to your local immigration within 24 hours. 

Are you serious? Does someone really travel all the way to the immigration to do this TM30? I have never been asked for a TM 30 in the past 10 years of staying here and never heard anyone I know doing one. 

Has something changed recently because they never asked for it at Chaeng Watthana? 

How do you even do it if you stay at your own house – I don't get it since there is no landloard?

On 1/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, kelboy said:

You have more posts than me and your asking about TM30 come on.

Just go to your local immigration within 24 hours. 

Are you serious? Does someone really travel all the way to the immigration to do this TM30? I have never been asked for a TM 30 in the past 10 years of staying here and never heard anyone I know doing one. 

Has something changed recently because they never asked for it at Chaeng Watthana? 

How do you even do it if you stay at your own house – I don't get it since there is no landloard?

13 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I just did PM you a Guideline document on TM-30 which will clarify this often misunderstood document and when it is needed.

When I have done my TM30, at Phayao Immigration, I simply go with my Thai/wife GF and fill in the required forms.  I/O has sometime checked with her about the address I have given, to get Thai spelling.  Never has he ever aske for any evidence of the property existing.

Main thing is to do this as soon as possible.  One time I stayed 2 days in BKK before travelling to Phayao, and there was great fuss because I could not find receipt from the hotel I had stayed at in BKK.  make sure you can account for every day in Thailand before you go to your I/O

I have a 'Yellow Book' which I always take to I/O when doing this, and no-one is ever interested in it.

TM30  Just one more thing to tell you you are not really welcome in Thailand.

On 12/21/2020 at 6:20 PM, ChomDo said:

Section 38. The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Your wife is the owner and house master, you are a possessor of the house.

Either one of you can register.

Archived