BANGKOK

On 1/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, aldriglikvid said:

In person - Jomtien. Any help to which documents needed would be great 🙂

I figure if I try to bring 80-90% of what they want, perhaps they could show some leniency with the TM30. The only thing I can't re-produce is a photo copy of the owners ID, or other personal info except full name.  

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to file your TM30s (as well as of any foreign guest staying at your place).

Note: To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

On 1/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, bbi1 said:

"Many offices" - does that include CW in BKK? I was previously living in the Jomtien immigration area and have a TM30 registered with them there but will now be moving to BKK.

There were several posts here last year about CW and TM30 reporting, and that they do accept the TM30 to be self reported as the possessor. No need for the TM28.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, aldriglikvid said:

In person - Jomtien. Any help to which documents needed would be great 🙂

I figure if I try to bring 80-90% of what they want, perhaps they could show some leniency with the TM30. The only thing I can't re-produce is a photo copy of the owners ID, or other personal info except full name.  

I have self reported the TM30 twice at Jomtien Immigration since 2017 when changing condo. You need to fill in the form you get at the front desk = 2 papers stapled together.

You fill in the first page as the possessor/owner in your name and address. On the second page you report yourself as the guest. All info you need is in your passport. You need these copies:

A copy of your rental contract.

2 copies from your passport:

The photo page and the entry stamp.

A copy of your departure card (the TM6-card). 

All copies signed at the bottom in blue ink.

That's what I used and it worked perfectly. The only problem with self reporting is the possible fine if you haven't been reported earlier or if it was a while ago. They might mention the "unofficial" 72 hours after entering the country. The fine is normally 1600 baht at Jomtien Immigration. People aware of this sometimes checks in at a hotel where they will be reported, and then go to immigration for the TM30 report. You might save 1000 baht doing the same if the 1600 baht is to much for you. If not, pay the eventual fine with a smile and then staple the TM30 receipt in your passport. When travelling in Thailand, you don't need to report again when coming back to the last reported address. Just keep doing the 90 days reports. 

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to file your TM30s (as well as of any foreign guest staying at your place).

Note: To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

You're a true hero 🙂 Thanks!