Who will pay for water damage in condo?

In my building each condo has individual water meter and condo owner responsibility starts on condo side of water meter and includes all pipes in their unit.  Pipes feeding those individual water meters, including meter, belong to the Juristic Person (building) and should be covered by Juristic Person insurance policy.  The building manager should have all the info.

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

The Juristac Committee will decide & talk to you if your condo

If renting, contact your landlord, they will not talk to you direct

I am the owner. But this does not make it more easy. Take the German law - if you live above my condo and damage my property you will be liable. But if you are a tenant in my condo you might not get anything from the person above my condo causing the damage to your tenant property. I know the laws in several countries. But without being able to read Thai I don't know the law in Thailand. I could ask a lawyer. But lawyers might simply rip me off for their own benefit.

3 minutes ago, X4711 said:

I am the owner. But this does not make it more easy. Take the German law - if you live above my condo and damage my property you will be liable. But if you are a tenant in my condo you might not get anything from the person above my condo causing the damage to your tenant property. I know the laws in several countries. But without being able to read Thai I don't know the law in Thailand. I could ask a lawyer. But lawyers might simply rip me off for their own benefit.

The same law applies in Thailand if damage is caused by the above condo. Generally people negotiate with each other to settle the damages and generally the condo board or management will be willing to assist with the communication. But if things break down, that would become a legal matter.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, X4711 said:

I wished it would be that simple. But sadly it is not. Look at my example in post #15 from Canada. If I ever find out the correct Thai laws I will let you all know. To consult a lawyer I want to avoid. In the worst case I will give this problem to my insurance. They for sure have an interest not to pay anything if they don't have to. But I still have hope that this will not be necessary. The insurance might not renew my contract if they have to pay... 

Yes, I hope it is simple for you. Good luck.