Registrations at immigration jomtien

Hello can anyone shed some light on an immigration problem ...i live in pattaya have a condo my son arrives tomorrow bkk he is staying 2 months already has a 3 month visa he got in paris before leaving ..seeing that he is staying with me and not at an hotel  what do i do about his registration at jomtien ...is it that im the condo owner i have to take special paperwork and declare him as staying with me never done this before a pain in the Backside  any help please appreciated

Your son has a 60 day tourist visa and extends this by 30 days?

In any case by law you would be required to file a TM30 for him, but if he got his 30 day extension previously already and won't visit the immigration office, then there is no real need to do the TM30.

If he plans to get his 30 days extension while staying with you you should file a TM30 or he or you might get fined when he goes to apply for the extension.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Your son has a 60 day tourist visa and extends this by 30 days?

In any case by law you would be required to file a TM30 for him, but if he got his 30 day extension previously already and won't visit the immigration office, then there is no real need to do the TM30.

If he plans to get his 30 days extension while staying with you you should file a TM30 or he or you might get fined when he goes to apply for the extension.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear he is only staying 60 days has visa for the amount of time he is staying doesn't need to apply for extension do i need to register him as staying with me.. We will  be traveling a little staying in Hotels do they not contact immigration. Each time we check in.. Out would my son not get questioned on leaving Thailand after 60 day as where he has been staying  thanks  any help appreciated

Edited by Harveyboy
Forgot to put somthing

Don't worry about it and don't waste your time.

23 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

We will  be traveling a little staying in Hotels do they not contact immigration. Each time we check in.. Out 

Depends on the hotel; by law they should, but depends where you stay (I've stayed in hotels in Bkk that weren't interested in seeing my passport, just booked in using my girls ID).

23 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

would my son not get questioned on leaving Thailand after 60 day as where he has been staying

No.

Edited by Salerno

The rule is you should submit a TM30 to declare a foreigner staying at your residence, you would need to take a completed form, copies of his passport and TM6 card. Also proof you are the owner of the condo. 

I did this for a friend and no issues, other than it was likely completely unnecessary. 

As your son has a Visa and presumably no need  to attend immigration for an extension, or other service, there is really no need of a TM30. (Unless he gets into some trouble......) 

Edited by jacko45k

13 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Unless they are planning to extend visas before they fly out..i wouldnt bother. 

But they have to put an address of stay down on their arrival card from the flight.  

I was thinking of booking them into a hotel for a couple of nights before they check out and come to stay at our house.  

It's going to be difficult to get all the stuff I need to take to immigration... as the land owner / builder of my house is away too.  

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

But they have to put an address of stay down on their arrival card from the flight.  

I was thinking of booking them into a hotel for a couple of nights before they check out and come to stay at our house.  

It's going to be difficult to get all the stuff I need to take to immigration... as the land owner / builder of my house is away too.  

The address on the arrival card is sort of nominal. They'll get stamped in whatever address they put on it....so they changed their minds after arrival!

However, as was mentioned above, if they're going to have to get an extension from Jomtien, THEN the TM30 is needed.

@jak2002003 that would seem to apply to your case too if your parents are staying 30 days or less without a visa or 60 days or less if they have Tourist Visas. (I'm assuming they hold passports from one the G9 nations)

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:45 AM, Harveyboy said:

Out would my son not get questioned on leaving Thailand after 60 day as where he has been staying.

Immigration at the airport only worry about overstays. They do not care where the traveler stayed during his visit. He will not be questioned on that.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, jak2002003 said:

The address on the arrival card has nothing to do with the TM30 report, it's more of an initial address. It doesn't have to be your address. If not extending the stay at immigration,don't worry about any TM30 report. 

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

It certainly isn't mine wherever I fill it in. "Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit" does me fine (although it was "Dusit Thani Rama IV" until it was closed)

I used "Travelling around" for many years. No problem at all. 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Jaxxper said:

Immigration at the airport only worry about overstays. They do not care where the traveler stayed during his visit. He will not be questioned on that.

Well, I thought that too.  But my parents were grilled about the address, as it had no house number... and in immigration woman was not very friendly with them, saying it was not a hotel and she wanted the house number... she even called over another immigration officer.  Other people were also getting a lot of questions about where they were staying.  Perhaps its only in CM airport they are like this?  

On 1/14/2020 at 11:46 AM, Max69xl said:

The address on the arrival card has nothing to do with the TM30 report, it's more of an initial address. It doesn't have to be your address. If not extending the stay at immigration,don't worry about any TM30 report. 

They are not extending their stay.  I wish they put a hotel address on it (which I gave them before they left).  

Anyway, I have managed to register them at my address online... I think!  Have the screen shots and printed them off for them.  

It seems they are not very welcoming of some tourists these days compared to a few years back.  If they want to encourage tourists to come they need to change their attitude and train the staff to be more polite when asking questions.  It's making people think they are criminals.  

19 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Well, I thought that too.  But my parents were grilled about the address, as it had no house number... and in immigration woman was not very friendly with them, saying it was not a hotel and she wanted the house number... she even called over another immigration officer.  Other people were also getting a lot of questions about where they were staying.  Perhaps its only in CM airport they are like this?  

They are not extending their stay.  I wish they put a hotel address on it (which I gave them before they left).  

Anyway, I have managed to register them at my address online... I think!  Have the screen shots and printed them off for them.  

It seems they are not very welcoming of some tourists these days compared to a few years back.  If they want to encourage tourists to come they need to change their attitude and train the staff to be more polite when asking questions.  It's making people think they are criminals.  

If they leave your address and go somewhere else and get reported while staying in a hotel,and then maybe back to your place again,you have to report them again. They are tourists and immigration don't care (I'm not talking about immigration at the airport). When staying here long term,then it's another story. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, noticojaru said:

small guesthouse run by a family.

they haven't registered/reported me. If I come to the immigration to obtain a residency certificate, will I get one? With no problem?

In chiang mai

Did you report your official address earlier? At several immigration offices, they want to see the TM30 receipt when applying for a Certificate of Residence. 

On 1/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, jak2002003 said:

Well, I thought that too.  But my parents were grilled about the address, as it had no house number... and in immigration woman was not very friendly with them, saying it was not a hotel and she wanted the house number... she even called over another immigration officer.

Huh, interesting. Do you know which box they ticked on the back of the arrival card? I don't have a place of my own yet and am staying with a mate, but I've never been questioned about the address on the arrival card.... maybe because I always tick the "friend's place" box?

On 1/12/2020 at 10:43 PM, jak2002003 said:

Yes, do exactly that. Check him on arrival two nights to kind of insure the hotel reports his presence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:05 PM, jackdd said:

Sounds like he understands it. He stays at a guesthouse, so that's clearly not his job.

It might be his job if he goes to immigration for an extension and the guesthouse where he is staying didn't report him. It happens all the time. 

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes, do exactly that. Check him on arrival two nights to kind of insure the hotel reports his presence.

If here as a tourist no one has to worry about the TM30 report. It doesn't matter if the hotel/guesthouse reports you or not. The address on the TM6-card is just an initial address,it doesn't have to be the address where you're supposed to stay after let's say 2-3 nights in BKK. 

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The address on the TM6-card is just an initial address,it doesn't have to be the address where you're supposed to stay after let's say 2-3 nights in BKK.

Sometimes the immigration officier requests to see a proof of the reservation.

i have witnessed this many times at suvarnabhumi airport

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Sometimes the immigration officier requests to see a proof of the reservation.

i have witnessed this many times at suvarnabhumi airport

And? That doesn't change anything I said. If staying a couple of nights in BKK in a hotel (which is quite normal) before going somewhere else, you should use that address on the TM6-card, not the address where your staying later during your trip. The TM6-card address has nothing to do with an eventual TM30 report. If you did book a hotel room online, you probably have it in your phone. I don't see a problem with that if immigration asks you.

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

And? That doesn't change anything I said. If staying a couple of nights in BKK in a hotel (which is quite normal) before going somewhere else, you should use that address on the TM6-card, not the address where your staying later during your trip. The TM6-card address has nothing to do with an eventual TM30 report. If you did book a hotel room online, you probably have it in your phone. I don't see a problem with that if immigration asks you.

And?

The information that i give in complement of your post about the actual 

requirment by some immigration officers at the airport is more than necessary

and much more accurate than your previous post (13) in the first page of this topic

about an out dated situation where you writed 

''I used "Travelling around" for many years. No problem at all.''

Because you didn't have any problem at all in the past doesn't mean

the OP family doesn't have one with the IO in some weeks if they

write ''travelling around'' on their card.

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1