Minimise outdoor activities, say authorities, as air quality continues to be unsafe in many areas

webfact

Minimise outdoor activities, say authorities, as air quality continues to be unsafe in many areas

By The Nation

800_e2e304272f2dea0.png?v=1578804001

The authority has suggested that people avoid outdoor activities and closely monitor the dust situation, as the air quality in many areas of Thailand are still below acceptable standards.

In Bangkok and Metropolitan region, the air quality varies from good to unsafe. Particulate matter less than 2.5 micrograms per cubic metre (PM2.5) averaged 27-66mcg per cubic metre in over 50 areas, exceeding the 50mcg per cubic metre air quality standard of the department.

Among the area where the reading exceeded safe levels were: Kanchanaphisek Road and Din Daeng Road, Muang district in Nakhon Pathom province, Pak Kret in Nonthaburi province, Phra Pradaeng and Pak Nam in Samut Prakan province, Krathum Baen and Muang in Samut Sakhon.

The air quality in the Central and western region has started to affect health. PM2.5 averaged 53-84mcg per cubic metre in over 50 areas.

The provinces where readings exceeded safe levels were some districts in Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Ayutthaya, Ratchaburi, and Suphan Buri provinces.

PM10 was detected at between 87-124mcg per cubic metre, exceeds the standard at Pak Nam Pho subdistrict in Nakhon Sawan province.

The air quality in the North varied from very good to unsafe for health. PM2.5 averaged 17-88mcg per cubic metre in over 50 areas in Lampang, Lamphun, and Phrae provinces.

The air quality in the Northeast was found to be moderately good to unsafe. PM2.5 averaged 47-53mcg per cubic metre in over 50 areas in some districts of Nakhon Ratchasima and Loei provinces.

The air quality in the Eastern was similar to the Northeast. PM2.5 averaged 16-67 mcg per cubic metre in over 50 areas, in some districts of Prachin Buri province.

The air quality in the South was found to be uniformly good.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380439

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-13
  • Sad 3

No Problem with the air in Issan.......out with the dogs wandering around the lakes at 6 this morning.

I told my Doctor that my back hurts every morning when I get up---He said get up in the afternoons then

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, stouricks said:

What makes the air INSIDE my home any better than that OUTSIDE please?

That is very true unless you have doors windows shut and your air purifier on.

It rained very heavily last night, I went in the village pools this morning and the water tasted dusty.

In my house now AQI 76 and 2.5 is 58

I live just off Prachachuen rd near the junction with Chaengwattana

1 hour ago, canopy said:

I don't buy it. Where is this "very good" air? The entire north is blanketed with bad air.

ar.png.f1f2de700b46f5e4ff4d1c94cb60c49b.png

48 minutes ago, hobz said:

Yeah triple all the numbers in the report and then we are getting closer to reality... It's a shame nothing is done about it... Very sad.

It's criminal the way the lie to their own people and the locals have no idea. Too busy worrying about those pesky plastic bags throwing themselves everywhere in total ignorance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The authority has suggested that people avoid outdoor activities and closely monitor the dust situation, as the air quality in many areas of Thailand are still below acceptable standards.

What is the acceptable standard?
I remember a promise made by a minister of yours team, that ensured that they had clean air in a few weeks, this now months ago!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why is the news mostly negative where is the happiness?

So why don’t they spray water just like the last time since that was such a success.

Because there is a drought, and therefore no water............:biggrin:

Reminds of the old song..........There's a hole in my bucket...........

• Like 1

so i hua hin tourists are still blissfully unaware of the danger they are in as they sit on the beach surrounded by haze. meanwhile on the main road and less than 100 meters away, locals are walking around with masks on.

seriously, i'm not sure how tourism is going to survive here if Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Hua Hin are all unsafe to be outside for MOST of high season and ALL of peak season.

and don't think down south will be safe in the long term unless there is a significant change of policy. i've seen Phuket up above 80 AQI this week. thats where Hua Hin was just last year.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 9.15.08 AM.png

This is in reference to the question about 'the difference between inside and outside air qualities'

It doesn't. I did some research with a friend and the strange thing was that we found evidence that the air quality inside your property was normally much worse than outside. I know this sounds very strange, but it seems to be true based on the fact that there is less air circulation inside than outside. The smallest particulates 'pm2.5' are the most injurious to health in the long-term as they get trapped in your lungs and lodge there. Only a HEPA filter will trap these very small particulates. I understand that 3M sell a certified HEPA facemask that one can buy.

Edited by cheshiremusicman
missing quote that I was responding to.