Sponsoring my Thai girlfriend (Australian Tourist Visa)

I'm new to all this so would appreciate any advice I can get. I'm trying to bring my Thai girlfriend out to Australia on a 600 class tourist visa and what I want to know is how much money I need in the bank and what kind of weekly income qualifies me as a reliable support for her in the eyes of the Department of Immigration. 

When I done it for my wife before we married was easy. As long as regular income and permanent residence for a few years be no problem. Yhey might be looking for proof she has reason to return to Thailand, eg house. Job or kids. My wife had 2 tourist visas within 4 months. They issued a year single entry Visa each time. She only stayed 6 weeks each time 

Good luck.

????????????

Michael, are you in Bangkok, if so just go the the Australian Visa Office in Sukhumvit soi 13.

Forget the name of the building, but it is on the right hand side of the Soi.

The first BIG building you come to.

This is where i done mine for my Thai GF, no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

Being a sponsor is different to her just getting a 600 Tourist Visa with you supporting her, check the website.

As the previous poster has said one of the main criteria they will look at is her reason to return to Thailand before the visa expires. You will need extensive documentation of birth certificates etc for any family that does not accompany her.

We have had 3 Tourist visas and I just state that she has $4000+ to spend (of my money) while in Australia. I usually give them a copy of my recent bank statement showing that the funds are there when needed.

If you think this might be a regular thing, ask for a multiple entry visa, make up some sort of itinerary to give them. Get one of you family to give you a letter asking her to visit them.

2 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

Michael, are you in Bangkok, if so just go the the Australian Visa Office in Sukhumvit soi 13.

Hope this helps.

That is VFS, a bunch of rouges that overcharge. It is better to open an IMMIAccount with immigration and do it yourself. You then only need to go to VFS for the biometrics.

Michael 1961 take my advice mate dont do it.!! just leave her there and go over and see her when you can I have been there and done that and it rarely turns out good.P.S If you do get her phone and DESTROY it! yes you will have to buy her a new one but it will be better for you as she wont be able too contact her "brother/husband'and other boyfriends.

46 minutes ago, UbonEagle said:

Agree with Greasy fingers, DIY on the IMMI website, currently just doing same myself.

Wavodavo give yourself an uppercut, do you think every thai girl is like that...clearly you've looked in the wrong places 

Same here

For Wife & Son

First of all I think most Aussie Gov departments are idiotic

* The questions just keep repeating themselves

* why ask for a Bond if you are supporting them (this just takes that money away for that ) if they reqquire a Bond

* Do they really check - NO! - I just found out my wifes real (birth cert ) name, but was using here changed school name (first name ) for every Auss Visa application 

PS: ? on form - Are you going to visit anyone REALLY - This is the whole idea of a family sponsored visa

On 1/17/2020 at 11:51 AM, wavodavo said:

Michael 1961 take my advice mate dont do it.!! just leave her there and go over and see her when you can I have been there and done that and it rarely turns out good.P.S If you do get her phone and DESTROY it! yes you will have to buy her a new one but it will be better for you as she wont be able too contact her "brother/husband'and other boyfriends.

What a post! If you can't trust a woman and you have to destroy her phone that she can't get in touch with her bf/husband/ etc.., she'd be using other ways, FB, friends, etc, you've already lost the war.

If you don't trust somebody, please don't start a relationship with this person. 

If my gf would destroy my phone that I'm not able to communicate with friends/family, ( not all have a brother/sister who has sex with them), I'd not stay with this individual.

Do you really believe that taking a girl to Aussieland takes all her rights away?

People have to have friends and she won't have them when she arrives in a totally new country for her. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:08 PM, bridge2bridge said:

Hope this helps.

The name you are after is the Trendy Building in Soi 13. 

To the OP - all the tourist visa requirements are online both through the Dept of Home Affairs website and private posters adding their experiences.  There is no point in just rocking up to the VFS Global office without ALL the information sought.  You will NOT be allowed through to the counters.

The first tourist visa is normally the most difficult to get approved.  Evidence of an intention/reason for the applicant to return is normally very important.  All the other requirements are spelt out for you on the application forms on the website.

The vast majority of applicants will only get 3 months no matter what they may apply for.  In addition you are dealing with different people who make the decision at the Embassy so variations in human nature on decisions do occur.

Archived