'I'm spending all my money to get rid of Trump': Michael Bloomberg

webfact

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Reduce debt? Same as anyone...spend only what you have

I would rather borrow money, invest it, and get rich.

But for starters the elephant in the room is the US Military 6-700 BILLION per year

You may start there but eventually you come to the phone booth with a herd of dinosaurs: Four, TRILLION, dollars, per year, just for the US health industry. $4,000,000,000,000.

4000000000000/600000000000 = almost 7 times!

And how much of the military budget goes to the VA? 

24 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And how much of the military budget goes to the VA? 

Actually, none. Which is ridiculous. In 2015 the budget of the VA was 169.5 billion dollars.

The Pentagon budget gives a skewed idea of how much the US really spends on defense

"The VA isn't a part of the Department of Defense budget or even a part of the Defense Department. But it's still a part of the overall cost of maintaining a a strong and high-functioning military, especially since the US depends on an all-volunteer force whose members may choose a military career partly because of quality of benefits the VA provides. And it's the VA that pays the long-term healthcare costs of service members injured in the line of duty."

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-pentagon-budget-gives-a-skewed-idea-of-how-much-the-us-really-spends-on-defense-2015-2

Edited by bristolboy

On 1/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, KKr said:

I'd say unfortunately for the USA.
However, I do not vote there, so it is maybe only semantics.

We may not vote in the US, but unfortunately the president they elect has repercussions for the entire world.

If it were not so, the Trump threads would be ignored by most TVF posters, IMO.

• Like 1

Well (as I predicted) Bloomberg is making significant progress in the democratic primary race (yes, without being on the ballot in Iowa, New Hampshire, or South Carolina). Starting from one percent-ish on announcement in quite a short time to 9 percent nationally. Also he hasn't been in the debates either. His play remains very unconventional and does depend on weak front runner Biden fading badly. But certainly in the realm of possible, even more so now with these poll results. (He's now FOURTH.) Yes I'm assuming it would be a cakewalk for him to beat 45 in the general, but his real challenge is getting nominated.