Bank Statements Matching Bank Book for Retirement Extension

I am starting to think seriously about the bank documents I need for my retirement renewal in March under the new system.  I know there has been a multitude of discussions on this but I am a little confused on a few things and was hoping you could help clarify.  I am using combo method and here are the details.

Income:  Social Security into Bangkok Bank on the 4th of the month, withdrawn usually on the 4th.  In and out.  Very Clean.

Money in Bank:  Bangkok Bank Saving.  Electricity is automatically paid on the 11th of the month and I put the same amount back in within a few days showing activity.   In and Out.  Very clean.   And with ample amount of money for a cushion.  

My questions is about the bank statements.  Bangkok Bank locally can only issue bank statements for 6 months.  For 12 months they need to request from home office and that can take 7-10 days.   

#1.  Do I need bank statements for both income and money in the bank accounts? 

#2.  Does the balance on the statements need to match the balance on the books and bank letters? 

Because it takes so long to get the 12 month statement there will be an overlap with the two accounts.  And if I wait until after the 11th to request statements it's going to be cutting it close to my renewal.  I usually like to renew at least 3 weeks out. 

#3.  Is the statement  just to prove I have money coming in and out and doesn't have to match?  

#4.  Since the statement comes from Bangkok it won't be in the 7 day period they want the letter?  Is that acceptable?

One idea I had was to go to the bank one month early and get an 11 month statement(s) and then go back the day before renewal and get a 1 month statement(s).   

#5.  Will a one 11 month statement and another 1 month statement be acceptable to immigration.

My immigration office is Phuket and according to the news they are accepting combo method now, after refusing for a few months.   

One last thing, I have always updated everything the day before I go to immigration.  I've never been asked to do it the same day as I renew.  I've read that some people have to do everything the same day.   Has this changed?

Lots of questions for a simple topic but let's face it, the financials are the most stressful part of the whole ordeal.   I hope everything is clear and thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by LivingNThailand
  • Like 1

You wrote:

"One last thing, I have always updated everything the day before I go to immigration.  I've never been asked to do it the same day as I renew.  I've read that some people have to do everything the same day.   Has this changed?"

I'll answer your last question first: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED! ...and, how it has changed depends on your local Immigrations Office's interpretation and enforcement of the rules.

I'm sure you'll get some advice from ThaiVisa members here, and in my opinion, Ubonjoe's advice seems to be the most accurate, BUT...that doesn't mean that's the way your local Immigration Office will handle the transaction.,

I'd advise you get as much information as you can, but then go down to your local Immigrations Office well in advance of the date you need to apply. You can apply for a One Year Extension up to 45 days in advance. Go down at least a month in advance and see what they have to say.

That's the only way I know that you can be sure you're going to meet all their requirements, and even then, probably only 90% sure. 

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

#1.  Do I need bank statements for both income and money in the bank accounts? 

If you have transfers into the country that are 65k per month or more you do do not need any money in the bank on the day you apply. You only need a 12 months bank statement to prove you income.

You bank balance on the day you apply needs to equal to what is shown on the bank letter. If different than the 12 month statement you could get a 1 month bank statement to add to the 12 month one.

18 minutes ago, billsmart said:

You wrote:

"One last thing, I have always updated everything the day before I go to immigration.  I've never been asked to do it the same day as I renew.  I've read that some people have to do everything the same day.   Has this changed?"

I'll answer your last question first: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED! ...and, how it has changed depends on your local Immigrations Office's interpretation and enforcement of the rules.

I'm sure you'll get some advice from ThaiVisa members here, and in my opinion, Ubonjoe's advice seems to be the most accurate, BUT...that doesn't mean that's the way your local Immigration Office will handle the transaction.,

I'd advise you get as much information as you can, but then go down to your local Immigrations Office well in advance of the date you need to apply. You can apply for a One Year Extension up to 45 days in advance. Go down at least a month in advance and see what they have to say.

That's the only way I know that you can be sure you're going to meet all their requirements, and even then, probably only 90% sure. 

Agree, and i'll add for this year, particularly for the Income route, it is advisable to use a visa agent to smooth the passage and resolve any difficulties at your IMM office. Okay, it's a cost for peace of mind.

I'm doing this today, and if it works, well next year is next year and maybe we'll face a complete new set of rules.

I understand the statements for the monthly income, but, it seems some offices are asking for 12 mths statements even for the 800k in the bank to prove you have met the 800k 3 mths before & after and no less than 400k for the remaining months before bringing the balance back to 800k 3 mths before the next extension.

What is wrong with a copy of the Bank Book covering the months required and signed by the bank along with the bank letter... talk about making hard work of a simple task.????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have transfers into the country that are 65k per month or more you do do not need any money in the bank on the day you apply. You only need a 12 months bank statement to prove you income.

You bank balance on the day you apply needs to equal to what is shown on the bank letter. If different than the 12 month statement you could get a 1 month bank statement to add to the 12 month one.

UJ - I asked my visa agent regarding the 65k route, and the response was that CM Imm only accept pension as evidence of income, not other income. In my case the baht/pound exchange rate brought my pension less than 1k below 65k, but I have other property CGT income to make up the (annual 7k shortfall) balance.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was just at the bank and asked the manager if I could do a 11 month and single month statement.  She said no.  They would only do a 12 month from home office. (??why?? don't ask why)  So this is great advise.  I'll just get the 12 month and if the timing is off and the balances don't match I'll get another one month separate.  It will only cost 100 baht.  Well worth the peace of mind.

46 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I'd advise you get as much information as you can, but then go down to your local Immigrations Office well in advance of the date you need to apply

More good advise.   I was going to do that anyway, but wanted to get all my "ducks in a row" so I don't forget anything.   Have a simple list of questions instead of as many as I ask you guys.  

On 1/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Alotoftravel said:

Is this the Bangkok bank 12 months statement Or different . Please confirm .Do I also need a bank letter in addition to the statement letter, in another words , 2 docs. Thanks

That is a standard bank letter.

A bank statement would show every transaction for the 12 months.

Some offices want a letter that lists all transfers into the country. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

I’ll tell you what though now that I’ve done my extension successfully under the new income verification procedures for the first time I feel a huge sense of relief about it, because you know it was the first time under these circumstances so I was trying my best to figure out what to expect and for the exception of two little things I did pretty well and I definitely got it done. They even called Division 4 HQ and made sure for me the same day so I already know it’s approved. It’s all about planning and preparation once a year.

Next year I’m gonna use Korat’s checklist and translate it to English and put everything in the exact order and next year I’ll be out of there in less than an hour depending on how busy they are. But next year will be yet even easier than this year except now I have to take more pictures ???? I gave them my last ones I think I’ll check lol. This year I had all that done a year in advance except the bank paperwork which I had to do the same day actually. Next year should be REALLY SMOOTH now that I fully understand and know the new process after actually doing it myself. Second year in a row I stopped using my agent in Bangkok and this ways easier and cheaper. Although I’m glad I used an agent for my first extension now that I have completed my 5th extension 2nd extension on my own I will definitely have it DOWN perfectly for 2021!!!!!!

Last year also sucked because I had to get my new passport as well so last year I had to make two business trips to Bangkok for the passport and the income letter but this year no more income letters it’s the bank only thank God! But I can tell the immigration Officers miss the old procedures as well because now they have to work a lot harder! When I go back I’m bringing them donuts and coffee. Not a bribe just my way of saying thanks AFTER they already helped me expecting nothing in return except doing their job and a little bit above just doing their job! I was impressed when they called Division 4 HQ and got that technicality cleared up for me! 

Edited by DennisE
  • Like 2

I don’t know about Phuket but in Korat they want ALL of your bank paperwork including the one year bank statement the same day you go to immigration. There are also A HELL OF A LOT OF DETAILS I would love to tell you about regarding the monthly income method and the one year bank statement because I just did mine that way here in Korat using my monthly income deposits only and very successfully as well, but apparently I’m not allowed to be detailed which is not good for you because you probably needed most of that information in my previous post. So I just shortened it and I’m trying to remember the most important details AGAIN for you.

But remember that at least bank paperwork has to be done the same day you go to immigration in Korat but be sure and ask Phuket because they might have different procedures than Korat immigration. 

Also for future reference most Thai banks except for apparently Bangkok Bank CAN in fact print your entire one year bank statement in only 5 minutes vrs. Bangkok Bank takes a week. So be sure and plan your visit with immigration for the same day you pick up your one year bank statement if it is gonna take a whole damn week at Bangkok Bank! I know because SCB did a one year bank statement for me in only 5 minutes and immigration approved it, they even called Division 4 HQ for me and said it was approved. They called just because of a technicality, one of my deposits looked like it was early but it was just a minor technicality and their head office approved it. So be firm but be respectful as well. It goes along way! 

I had provided you several other details that might’ve saved you time and money but that post mysteriously disappeared ???? so I apologize but I figured almost everything on my own as well with help from Ubonjoe so listen to him. He’s right about what he told above about the balance matching only the letter and bank book, but not the statement, so Joe was right about that. I just wish I could rewrite the rest of it because some of the little details I told you in my previously deleted post possibly could have saved you an extra trip, time, and even could have saved you a little bit of money but it’s gone now hopefully this helps.

But Joe is definitely right, he’s been giving me advice for the last 5 years I’ve lived here. I just did my 5th extension last week using the same method you are so I hope you took a screenshot of that deleted post it was detailed for a reason! Not very nice when you give someone a gift and then they throw it in the trash like helpful detailed information. 

Edited by DennisE
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stephenterry said:

UJ - I asked my visa agent regarding the 65k route, and the response was that CM Imm only accept pension as evidence of income, not other income. In my case the baht/pound exchange rate brought my pension less than 1k below 65k, but I have other property CGT income to make up the (annual 7k shortfall) balance.

I wish you would expand on this. 

1:  How would CM Imm know the income comes from a pension?  Many people have their pensions sent to their home banks first, pay some home country bills, etc. then transfer the necessary 65 k to Thailand.

2:  If one has dividend and interest income from their investments, (which I do have) and which will come from both my Roth IRA, my Traditional IRA and my regular Brokerage account (currently about 14,000 USD, 26,000 USD, and 22,000 USD from each account yearly, and for which I plan to port the required 65,000 Baht equivalent +/-over to my "checking account" and then transfer the 65 k monthly from that into Thailand.  Is this going to be a problem? 

I am sure that many people may not have regular pensions, me included.  Now I will have social security later in life when I decide to take it, but I won't have that now, and I certainly won't be directly depositing that into a Thai bank.  All my monies will stay in the USA and only be transferred to Thailand as needed.

So the Thais and some Embassies gave up on verifying income types, amounts, and sources, and then mandated the monthly 65K transfer, but now are demanding proof of the type and source of the 65 k?

The Phuket Extension boss is nightmare.  I was one of the last people to use an income verification letter last May and the little smiley guy outside the extension office kept demanding my bank book.  The immigration volunteer confirmed 3 times this was not required and had to intervene and told me he spoke to the boss and go back and talk to him.  I walked (practically crawling on the floor mind you) into the office and tried to talk to him to explain that his screening staff was making a mistake. "OUTSIDE FOR QUESTION! OUTSIDE FOR QUESTION!" is all I got in return.  I went back to the volunteer for the fourth time who again intervened and sent me back to Smiley who finally relented and agreed my income letter was valid.  Great, now I have to go back to the big boss who knows they were wrong.  He counted the months again and again and again even writing them all down to try to prove my letter was more than six months old finally giving in and simply doing his job for someone who had all his boxes ticked correctly.  Then they tell you come back early in the morning on your pickup date.  You get there at 9 am and he tells you come back at 1.  Thank god they are out of my life but my advice to you (since they are gonna make you do multiple trips anyway) is go with your checklist and documents to Smiley a day or several days before you really want to go.  Let him say whatever he wants then white it down in front of him. Then go do that.  My guess is it's a different list for everyone so just play it his way.  Apologies if this came off as a rant but its frustrating when you know the officials job better than them and their utter refusal to be helpful.  Side note a month later I had to go back to the same boss for sticker swap to a new passport and didn't fall for the "Get here early" gag a second time.  Went after lunch when he had cooled down from his AM rage.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

1:  How would CM Imm know the income comes from a pension?  Many people have their pensions sent to their home banks first, pay some home country bills, etc. then transfer the necessary 65 k to Thailand.

2:  If one has dividend and interest income from their investments, (which I do have) and which will come from both my Roth IRA, my Traditional IRA and my regular Brokerage account (currently about 14,000 USD, 26,000 USD, and 22,000 USD from each account yearly, and for which I plan to port the required 65,000 Baht equivalent +/-over to my "checking account" and then transfer the 65 k monthly from that into Thailand.  Is this going to be a problem? 

1. They ask for proof of the source of your income. For a example a pension statement and etc.

I was asked for it at the office here in Ubon when I applied my extension and I provided them proof of my social security payments.

2. Investments, dividends and etc are allowed as well. Proof of the payouts from them should be accepted.

A rental property would be an investment.

From the police order.

image.png.ceec9cad63905bfb6985ff7e2377c374.png

But read my last post above. And listen to Ubonjoe especially. And ignore all the fear mongers because I just got my extension last week using the monthly income method. Although not to scare you I’ve never heard anything good about Phuket immigration, Korat is awesome ???? ESPECIALLY their supervisor but I’ve never used Phuket immigration so I don’t know I’ve only used Bangkok and Korat immigrations only, except for border crossings and airports. But people never really write anything good about Phuket immigration although I know people way over exaggerate on here all the time I’ve been reading it for years! So try not to stress just be very prepared by the checklist from your immigration office. 

In my previously deleted post I was originally trying to give you examples of my Korat immigration experience, and warn you about everything. But it was deleted for being “to detailed“ apparently probably by someone who didn’t even bother to read it and know the relevance!!! Even though for you details are very necessary I learned that THE HARD WAY. Luckily Joe’s advice helped me with that. 

But be careful who you listen to on here because most people just come on here with the only purpose in mind of whining and complaining about how terrible immigration and Thailand is, their chosen place to live go figure, and it’s really not at all as long as you have your ducks in a row and just follow the rules and do the paperwork no problem. 

Like I said I just did my extension using monthly income last week and very successfully as well so if you have any questions about the little details just PM me don’t ask here just private message me so my post doesn’t mysteriously disappear again with absolutely no explanation at all except that “it was too detailed” ????.

So anymore questions PM me I just did my extension last week using the monthly income method successfully. And there are some details you need to know before going to immigration and the bank that if I had known would have saved me an extra trip to the bank and I would have been better prepared for Immigration’s questions. I hope I can save you the run around and help you be better prepared but my last post got deleted for no reason at except it was a little long ????

But overall I got it done in only one day by doing exactly what you’re trying to do now. One word research. Good luck PM me with anymore questions which you might want to do after my very detailed post disappeared. I’m just trying to help because I just did my extension the same way you’re doing it last week and it is no problem at all using monthly income make Phuket immigration follow the rules as other people with some stones have done before. Be firm but respectful it goes a long way. As long as you know for sure your one year bank statement is good don’t take no for an answer in a passive aggressive way use psychology basically. That’s what I did because of one minor technicality and it worked, the boss even cleared with their Division 4 HQ over the phone and it’s approved ????

You can also just ask Ubonjoe because if I don’t know he will for sure. And Joe ALMOST knows more than I do most of the time at least. But last night I was trying to give you details on my immigration experience using monthly income method to try to help you and those details were pretty important. So if you want all that information back you’ll have to ask Ubonjoe. But for the most part he’s usually right. He was right about everything he told you about the matching deposits on the bank letter and bank book and not necessary for the one year bank statement I know he’s right because he usually always is and mostly because that’s exactly how immigration wanted mine a week ago and I got it done successfully. I just did this your way so I recommend taking my advice but definitely do a recon on Phuket immigration first and ask them important questions before you go for your extension because I don’t know but I’ve heard that Phuket immigration can at times be a mother fcker! 

Good luck I hope your extension goes as well as mine did! Just PM me with any further questions since I did it last week the same way you’re doing yours, so I can help you with this if you want. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. They ask for proof of the source of your income. For a example a pension statement and etc.

I was asked for it at the office here in Ubon when I applied my extension and I provided them proof of my social security payments.

2. Investments, dividends and etc are allowed as well. Proof of the payouts from them should be accepted.

A rental property would be an investment.

From the police order.

image.png.ceec9cad63905bfb6985ff7e2377c374.png

Oh I agree with the wording.  But if they accept evidence, then why the heck do they make us do monthly transfers?!?!  All that monthly transfer does is make us jump through hoops and spend time and money doing transfers. And maybe some months I would spend more or less and would not need to transfer 65K baht or perhaps would prefer for simplicity to transfer funds say only every three months?  Just nutty.  

And who is to say they would accept or even understand my IRA  brokerage statements? My IRAs don't generate 1099Divs because the IRA dividends and interest are not reportable tax events. I could do a roll up transaction query which shows for a year the dividends and interest earned.  Only my regular brokerage account which is outside of my IRAs generates 1099 Div.  I would not want to give them all those bank account details.  And I don't and won't be taking any more out of those accounts than is necessary.  The longer monies are invested the more they earn.  All so silly.

At my first Marriage Extension application without a UK Embassy Income Letter I handed the Phetchabun IO my Bangkok Bank Passbook and !0 month BB Statement. The passbook did not show all my Transferwise transactions from the UK because BB had combined a batch of debit/credits and used the notation CMB.

The IO wasn't phased by this and chose to check just the statement, which apparently met their needs.

That was last year. Will this year be the same? Who knows!

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

But if they accept evidence, then why the heck do they make us do monthly transfers?!?!

Because they cannot verify that the evidence is true and correct. They only want the proof of the source of it to back up the transfers into into a Thai bank that can be easily be verified.

I think they are asking for it since a person could be transferring it in and sending it back to transfer it in again.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

The Phuket Extension boss is nightmare.  I was one of the last people to use an income verification letter last May and the little smiley guy outside the extension office kept demanding my bank book.  The immigration volunteer confirmed 3 times this was not required and had to intervene and told me he spoke to the boss and go back and talk to him.  I walked (practically crawling on the floor mind you) into the office and tried to talk to him to explain that his screening staff was making a mistake. "OUTSIDE FOR QUESTION! OUTSIDE FOR QUESTION!" is all I got in return.  I went back to the volunteer for the fourth time who again intervened and sent me back to Smiley who finally relented and agreed my income letter was valid.  Great, now I have to go back to the big boss who knows they were wrong.  He counted the months again and again and again even writing them all down to try to prove my letter was more than six months old finally giving in and simply doing his job for someone who had all his boxes ticked correctly.  Then they tell you come back early in the morning on your pickup date.  You get there at 9 am and he tells you come back at 1.  Thank god they are out of my life but my advice to you (since they are gonna make you do multiple trips anyway) is go with your checklist and documents to Smiley a day or several days before you really want to go.  Let him say whatever he wants then white it down in front of him. Then go do that.  My guess is it's a different list for everyone so just play it his way.  Apologies if this came off as a rant but its frustrating when you know the officials job better than them and their utter refusal to be helpful.  Side note a month later I had to go back to the same boss for sticker swap to a new passport and didn't fall for the "Get here early" gag a second time.  Went after lunch when he had cooled down from his AM rage.

I had a similar experience in Korat (not that bad) it was just a minor technicality because of one of my deposits were the 31st instead of the 1st LMAO ????! But I explained it to them and they quickly understood. Their big boss called the Division 4 HQ and they told her that yes it’s fine it’s approved. Then she came out smiling for the first time since I’ve ever seen her to tell me the great news that all my one year extension paperwork IS APPROVED ????! Including all of my bank paperwork! 

So my experience was similar in Korat but ALL the IOs including the volunteers and especially the head supervisor ALL worked hard to get their mistake corrected and they did and it was a very successful Extension the easiest one I’ve ever done thanks to the new income verification procedures as of this year so awesome ????. The monthly income method works and they’re very familiar with it regardless of what Phuket might say, the new method for monthly income verification makes the IOs work harder that’s WHY, but even in Phuket they’re not special they’re required to follow their own rules as well just like Korat and just like pretty much any other immigration Office. So also take a copy of the police order with you in case you have to show them that you know the rules. I always do but luckily I’ve never had to worry at immigration that much. And I have some issues that make me stress hard to so it ain’t that bad but it sounds like I’m glad I don’t live in Phuket. Sounds like Bangkok a nice place to visit but not to live I much prefer actually living in Korat and I can visit the rest of the country. We travel around all the time throughout Thailand. 

Edited by DennisE

32 minutes ago, joebrown said:

At my first Marriage Extension application without a UK Embassy Income Letter I handed the Phetchabun IO my Bangkok Bank Passbook and !0 month BB Statement. The passbook did not show all my Transferwise transactions from the UK because BB had combined a batch of debit/credits and used the notation CMB.

The IO wasn't phased by this and chose to check just the statement, which apparently met their needs.

That was last year. Will this year be the same? Who knows!

My first marriage visa was in New York City and they’re a lot more helpful than the Thai Embassy in DC, and I’ve been to both. We lived in DC for a while as well. Thai Consulate in New York only needed a few documents and it was done the second day just like I’ve heard about Savannakhet. That was back in December 2014 we’ve been retired here ever since. 

33 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Does the IO require a 12 month statement if one uses the 800k deposit method or is the bank letter sufficient along with copies of the passbook?

They may want a one year statement to prove the 800k baht and 400k baht remained in the bank for required amount of time for a extension that was applied for after March 1st of last year.

Some offices are wanting a 3 month bank statement along with the updated bank book.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They may want a one year statement to prove the 800k baht and 400k baht remained in the bank for required amount of time for a extension that was applied for after March 1st of last year.

Some offices are wanting a 3 month bank statement along with the updated bank book.

Thanks for that info!  Appreciate it!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Great ???? so I was right again!! The monthly income option truly is just as easy as the other money in the bank option. So I don’t understand why anyone would ever want to transfer that much money into a Thai bank. I’m good with my monthly income deposits worked for me just fine last week when I successfully got my extension approved using only monthly income. ???? 

Edited: Well, if you don’t receive a monthly pension then the 400 or 800K method I could most certainly understand! I almost forgot. I’m just used to doing it based on my own circumstances is all. 

Edited by DennisE

Many seem to have ignored this statement from the OP.

" I am using combo method and here are the details."

When I was doing the combo method evidence of both income and money in the bank was required so I doubt that has changed.

When it came to money in the bank I was told that only that in excess of one months income would be taken into account. Would be easier with the income and balance in separate accounts. One IO told my wife that they did not do combo unless there was a separate balance of at least 200K. Different IO, different interpretation.

Without an Embassy letter it is now a method full of potential problems.

The real question is, how can the combo method satisfy the extension requirement when transfers equating to the same amount do not.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Many seem to have ignored this statement from the OP.

" I am using combo method and here are the details."

Thank you Khun SandyF

I'm good with two accounts.  One income, one money in bank, with a nice cushion of money.  Good with letters confirming and updated bank balances.  What I REALLY need to know is does the bank STATEMENTS have to MATCH the balances in the Bank Books if it takes 7-10 DAYS for Bangkok Bank to get me one.  The dates on the statements will be different than the other docs.

thank you everyone for your responses.  It has actually helped me think about options.

I really don't want to go see "Smily Face" at the front of room 103 to ask his opinion.  last year he told me that there were new rules and took his arm and slashed it across his throat and laughed.  Great guy.  Got to love him.  That's why I'm asking you guys advise.

Have a nice evening.

15 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Thank you Khun SandyF

I'm good with two accounts.  One income, one money in bank, with a nice cushion of money.  Good with letters confirming and updated bank balances.  What I REALLY need to know is does the bank STATEMENTS have to MATCH the balances in the Bank Books if it takes 7-10 DAYS for Bangkok Bank to get me one.  The dates on the statements will be different than the other docs.

How important that they match unfortunately will be down to the IO concerned.

I was never asked for the bank books but that is nothing to go on. I always arranged that they did but never had to cover 12 months.

It is only really the income account that is the problem and if you felt that could be an issue you could get an up to date statement on the day to back up the historical statement.

I appreciate that each time you ask it means putting the hand in the pocket.

Good luck.

45 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It is only really the income account that is the problem and if you felt that could be an issue you could get an up to date statement on the day to back up the historical statement.

Actually, the income statement will be correct if I request it after the 4th (Social Security in and out same day).  It's the money in the Bank statement that might be off by 1,000+ baht because of the electricity coming out of the account on the 12th.    I"m tempted to stop the automatic electricity payment, but it took 2 months to set up and 3 trips to PEA & the bank, and it might take the same to stop it.  Not to be paranoid, but I am when it comes to those guys in room 103.  Rationally 1,000 baht off shouldn't make any difference when I'm comfortably over the 800,000 total.  

If I can get through this year, do you think they'll change it again...haha.   Thinking of going to Phuket Town tomorrow.