Bank Statements Matching Bank Book for Retirement Extension

On 1/13/2020 at 6:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

A bank statement would show every transaction for the 12 months.

54 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Sorry but this does not make sense in English.

Is that easier for you to read.

So, I am getting ready to my first retirement extension.  The initial application used the 800k method.  For this extension I will be using the monthly deposit method at Chaeng Wattana.  This is what I plan to bring, please point out anything missing:

1. passport with copies of all relevant pages

2.  updated bankbook with copies of all pages

3.  rental lease with copy

4. TM7 filled out with photo attached

5.  map to my apartment

6.  bank letter prepared the same day

7.  bank statement prepared the same day

8.  Bangkok Bank statement for trailing twelve months prepared in advance

9.  1800 baht fee

Should I also get a separate letter from Bangkok Bank listing only the foreign transfers for the past year or will the 12 month statement cover it?

Even more hoops to consider. Using TW for FTT income could pose issues with IMM. I had one monthly transfer in July 2019 arrive at BKKB via Kasikorn.  So I paid 200 baht for Kasikorn to provide a bank letter stating the transaction came from foreign source.

1. Fine, except that I'm advised by my visa agent that CM IMM could require the bank letter to be updated at a further 200 baht cost to the application date - even though the content would be identical. Which seems to be a requirement that would only apply to transactions within the 800k deposit method, as once income is deposited it's a historical record, and no amount of bank updates could change it.  What is the purpose of that requirement?   

2. Using TW and providing pension source of income that only just meets the 65k*12 requirement could depend on the application date. I'm advised to print off a TW rate (mid-market) on the day of my application  - which remains constant for at least 24 hours - to show compliance.

How to do this is simple. connect your printer to your laptop. Open up TW and complete the transfer amount details page (as if making a  new transaction). Enter your ANNUAL pension amount and use the TW calculation. When proven to exceed 800k at whatever Exchange rate and held constant for 24 hours at the date of transfer, activate a print option by right clicking your mouse, which will open a print page option for copying to your printer. 

3. My TW transfers over the year have exceeded the 800k limit. My visa agent said where is the source of the extra money which is in excess of your pension income? After explaining other sources of income and providing proof, I realised that an IMM officer could question whether that extra income was from another transient temporary source in the UK that wasn't pension proof. Convoluted thinking, or what?

4. I have to provide my bankbook updated at the date of INCOME application, despite having 12 months BKK bank statements (cost 200 baht) to show compliance with the 65K rule. Why? What purpose is that update for ? See also 1. above.   

I told my visa agent that I'm 75, retired in Thailand for 10 years supporting a Thai family and using the income method throughout. Why is IMM now finding extra ways (and purposeless in respect of income method requirements) to prevent my continuing 'residence' here? 

Makes me want to throw in the towel, I'm that upset.

If this helps anyone.  I went to Phuket immigration yesterday and asked the volunteer if my bank statement balance has to match my bank letter, as Bangkok Bank takes 7+ days to get a statement.  The volunteer didn't want to commit to an answer so he sent me to see Smiley Face man at the front of Room 103.  Long story short, as it was not pleasant,  Smiley Face man (who was not smiling yesterday) said that the bank letters need to be within 7 days of application of extension.  But the statements do not have to be within 7 days (I'm assuming that the statement should be as close as 7 days as possible-- so get all the other docs the same day as the statement comes in and go to immigration shortly after).  That was the situation at approximately 10:30 yesterday January 17, 2020.  

I've decided to take Ubon Joe's advise and get a supplemental one-month bank statement  when I pick up my 12 month statement to cover the period up to the time I apply for the extension.  A few more baht, but peace of mind.

If anyone would be interested I can let you know how it goes in March.  

Edited by LivingNThailand