RTP: Trust us, we will find inhuman gold shop robber - and don't copy him

webfact

Many ifs involved here. Any guy ballsey enough to do this alone probably dumped the gun, hid the gold. Now what? He knows he can't sell the gold because of identifying numbers, melt the gold down is an option. Not sure how it would sell but it wouldn't be tracable. I don't see this guy being captured, not after 5 days with limited clues.

6 hours ago, joebrown said:

Nah! The Thai Police will probably invite him in for a chat and discuss his bail application over a bag of gold jewelry.

come on!...just keep in your mind the senseless killing of this innocent toddler, and of course all the other victims...emotions are and will remain high.

It's appropriate the police should say it's not good for people to ape/imitate the robber by dressing up in similar clothing. However I have to ask why it is still possible for people to buy copy police uniforms, and use them to perpetrate crimes as fake policemen?

if you win the first prize in the lottery, you win 6 million baths why the government does not fix the reward for anyone who gives information allowing the identification of the monster to 6 million minimum.
Find him before he can flee for good or before he starts another horrible tragedy.

Edited by thooktong

I have to wonder how they are going to confirm with complete certainty that they've got the right guy, especially in a case where they follow the "shoot to kill" order. They will not concede defeat in solving this crime, and I only hope that they don't decide that some "likely" suspect has to answer for it to appease the masses.  

11 minutes ago, LetsCleanUpTHAILAND said:

If I was the police, I'd alert every gold shop in the country of the types of jewels stolen (Robinson will have record) and then give the gold shop owner a reward for alerting the police if a customers bearing such gold tries to sell at their shop. Good plan?

It's generally a sound plan, but I'd assume much of the haul was pretty generic stuff that is bought and sold in substantial volumes daily. If he has any brains, he'd be sitting on it for quite a while and then just selling off the non-distinct stuff bit by bit. It's also not that difficult to set up a small smelter to turn it into ingots.  

On 1/13/2020 at 4:37 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I believe that the reward already exceeds 600,000 Baht, the value stolen was reported as 500,000 Baht, so you have your wish already. ???? 

Some guys I was chatting to this afternoon thought that the reward/bounty was now in excess of 1 million Baht, any confirmation on this ??

6 hours ago, LetsCleanUpTHAILAND said:

If I was the police, I'd alert every gold shop in the country of the types of jewels stolen (Robinson will have record) and then give the gold shop owner a reward for alerting the police if a customers bearing such gold tries to sell at their shop. Good plan?

I saw on TV that the jewelry has identifying numbers on them, I would only assume these numbers are shared country wide with gold shops.

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Some guys I was chatting to this afternoon thought that the reward/bounty was now in excess of 1 million Baht, any confirmation on this ??

unsubstantiated rumors being conjured up by your ' some guys '

On 1/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, webfact said:

He remained tight lipped regarding details saying that revealing too much could be detrimental to the investigation.

Most unusual - a tight-lipped Thai cop; usually they can't wait to gab in front of a microphone, often warning the perps.

• Like 1