Grass

mirage

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why buy it? Just overlay your garden with top soil from the rice fields and stand back. Anything that grows you just mow. Eventually the weeds die and the grass will come naturally. Simple innit?

If you do that, what you will get is a lawn full of love grass (yaa-chaochu) Chrysopogon aciculatus. The prickly seeds stick to your shoes and socks and can penetrate your skin and in some cases cause extensive ulceration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

If you do that, what you will get is a lawn full of love grass (yaa-chaochu) Chrysopogon aciculatus. The prickly seeds stick to your shoes and socks and can penetrate your skin and in some cases cause extensive ulceration. 

All down to knowing when to mow. And the thing that's best about it is that I stop cutting in November let it die back and I get a lush lawn come the rains 6 months later. I have about a Rai of lawn area so I couldn't turf it. So doing what I did is the next best thing.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

November let it die back and I get a lush lawn come the rains 6 months later. I have about a Rai of lawn area so I couldn't turf it. So doing what I did is the next best thing.

So you only have a lawn six months a year! not my idea of the perfect garden, we have about 2 Rai of lawns, for 6 months of the year they need minimum care, but they do need watering to maintain! We laid the "turf" ourselves, not a huge job and have greenery and dust free year round.

12 hours ago, CGW said:

So you only have a lawn six months a year! not my idea of the perfect garden, we have about 2 Rai of lawns, for 6 months of the year they need minimum care, but they do need watering to maintain! We laid the "turf" ourselves, not a huge job and have greenery and dust free year round.

I choose not to water between November and May due to shortages in the water supply. If I choose to water I too would have lawn for 12 months of the year. I'm not the selfish kind that would wash his car during a drought just for appearances.  How sad you can't live without a lawn for 6 months of the year. What will the neighbours think? And who's to say what's 'perfect'.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How sad you can't live without a lawn for 6 months of the year. What will the neighbours think? And who's to say what's 'perfect'.

"How sad" you choose to be insulting when you have no idea of the facts ???? 

Have a lovely day ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

"How sad" you choose to be insulting when you have no idea of the facts ???? 

Have a lovely day ???? 

I'm insulting? You explained the facts about having a lawn all year round and I responded. Now you sarcastically wished me a 'lovely day' knowing full well you didn't mean it. A little hypocritical of you there. 

27 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'm insulting? You explained the facts about having a lawn all year round and I responded. Now you sarcastically wished me a 'lovely day' knowing full well you didn't mean it. A little hypocritical of you there. 

Yes it was! for that I apoligise, I'm going to have a word with "Leo" for turning me into a sarcastic <deleted>. ???? 

• Haha 1