'drag queens are not for kids'

RJRS1301

BREAKING NEWS: Young Liberal at the centre of 'drag queens are not for kids' viral video is found dead in a suspected suicide

• Wilson Gavin led the 'drag queens are not for kids' protest in Brisbane on Sunday 
  • Tragically, he is believed to have taken his own life on Monday morning 
  • Mr Gavin was found dead at Chelmer in the city's south  

//www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7880357/Young-Liberal-Wilson-Gavin-drag-queens-protest-dead-Chelmer-station.html?ico=pushly-notifcation-small

I'm not seeing the connection between his political activism and his suicide. Of course always sad to see any young man off himself. He sounds like he was kind of a right wing gay anti-gay civil rights troll. Maybe he was inspired by Milo. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not seeing the connection between his political activism and his suicide. Of course always sad to see any young man off himself. He sounds like he was kind of a right wing gay anti-gay civil rights troll. Maybe he was inspired by Milo. 

Who knows why he decided to longer continue living, very sad in spite of his political leanings.

The joys of democracy is the ability to have dessenting voices heard and respected.

There are plenty of Milo supporters around

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Who knows why he decided to longer continue living, very sad in spite of his political leanings.

The joys of democracy is the ability to have dessenting voices heard and respected.

There are plenty of Milo supporters around

Sorry. Milo is an odious troll and he pretty much admits it himself. I agree about dissent and free speech so that's why I'm stating the obvious about Milo. This Australian guy does seem to me to have been playing a Milo like game.  A very low rent version. Cheap publicity stunt hound. People don't expect gay people to be against LGBT civil rights, so he got it easily. Anyway, sorry he's dead so young. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry. Milo is an odious troll and he pretty much admits it himself. I agree about dissent and free speech so that's why I'm stating the obvious about Milo. This Australian guy does seem to me to have been playing a Milo like game.  A very low rent version. Cheap publicity stunt hound. People don't expect gay people to be against LGBT civil rights, so he got it easily. Anyway, sorry he's dead so young. 

I was in no way supporting Milo. Merely stating there are plenty of its supporters around which is why the venues sell out when appearing. Some are even same sex attracted people.

During the marriage equality debate in Australia their were same attracted people (like this young man) who opposed marriage equality.

One of the prominent supporting same sex partnered politicians had previously been opposed to marriage equality. 

13 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I was in no way supporting Milo. Merely stating there are plenty of its supporters around which is why the venues sell out when appearing. Some are even same sex attracted people.

During the marriage equality debate in Australia their were same attracted people (like this young man) who opposed marriage equality.

One of the prominent supporting same sex partnered politicians had previously been opposed to marriage equality. 

Same sex attracted people. Good one. 

In the US it has practically become a cliche that conservative activists that make a big anti-LGBT fuss eventually get caught with their pants (or someone else's pants) down.

I only saw Milo once when Bill Maher had him on.  I don't get him, and the right's love of him, at all.

And then there's Drudge...

Edited by bendejo

2 minutes ago, bendejo said:

In the US it has practically become a cliche that conservative activists that make a big anti-LGBT fuss eventually get caught with their pants (or someone else's pants) down.

I only saw Milo once when Bill Maher had him on.  I don't get him, and the right's love of him, at all.

And then there's Drudge...

Yeah I enjoyed watching his interview with Bill Maher and I support Maher's decisions to have on very controversial right wing guests, but Maher was way too easy on him. He should have done a Hard Talk type of deal with him.

In this case in Australia the guy was of course out. I checked some links and there seem to be theories that the suicide might have been related to his activities. He got a lot of criticism for the drag queen protest and that video went viral. (What did he expect?) Also multiple people are suggesting internalized homophobia being the root cause. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wonderful word????

Mongrel ( pronounced MUNGREL) is another. ( there are several ways to use it besides describing a dog (k9) of indertminate lineage.

He had a "mongrel">>>>>> use your imagination 

It was a mongrel act>> ( not very nice)

Edited by RJRS1301