Non-O visa extension soon, but lost passport

Hi,

My anual extension is coming up in a few weeks, lost old passport. Can get a new one issued at local embassy but their equipment had been down for almost 3 weeks now. They haven't given me any info on when it might be operational again, supposed to have happened during the first week of January, but so far no update.

Does anyone have knowledge in what immigration will do in regards of my extension application if I'm unable to show my old or new passport?

Thanks in advance for any input.

1. Go to your local immigration office with a copy of the police report regarding the loss of your passport and ask them for advice. Do not tarry, go tomorrow.

2. Ask your embassy if they can give you an emergency travel document, also known as an emergency passport, even though their equipment is temporarily out of order.

• Thanks 1

Portuguese embassy... the equipment collects biometric data that is send back to Portugal, where I guess the passport is issued and sent to Thailand via diplomatic pouch.

Don't plan to travel at the moment, would not need a temporary travel document.

I do hope that the system is up and running soon, but the whole process will still take 7 working days, With weekends in the middle, I don't see this happen on time.

I already filled a police report. Without it, the embassy would not process my request.

Might call immigration first, or go there personally. In any case, whatever I'm told, I don't think that I can rely on it 100%, things always change....

10 hours ago, joe999 said:

You need one to do anything at immigration since you do not have passport.

You need to make sure the embassy understands your situation.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, joe999 said:

Portuguese embassy... the equipment collects biometric data that is send back to Portugal, where I guess the passport is issued and sent to Thailand via diplomatic pouch.

I do hope that the system is up and running soon, but the whole process will still take 7 working days, With weekends in the middle, I don't see this happen on time.

I already filled a police report. Without it, the embassy would not process my request.

Might call immigration first, or go there personally. In any case, whatever I'm told, I don't think that I can rely on it 100%, things always change....

Why would the info at immigration regarding a lost passport change? They can just come up with two things,get a new passport or get an emergency passport and then before the extension,replace the emergency passport with a regular one. 

11 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I lost my passport a few years ago. Upon getting my new pp, I went to Jomtien immigration to transfer the stamps across. No can do. I had to start the whole process over again. 

What process did you have to start over again? 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, joe999 said:

In 2014 I applied for a new passport and got caught up in the UK fiasco. After about 7 weeks my permission to stay was about to expire so I applied for a marriage extension to get another 30 days but they told me not to bother coming back unless I had the new passport.

It arrived 3 days before the under consideration expired.

Things worked out for me, got my new passport, equipment back operational on Tue, applied on Wed, arrived on Friday... have now until 04/02 to get my extension done, plenty of time. If I get a good English speaker at immigration, will try to find out what would happen if I didn't have a new passport. In fact, would also like to know what would happen if I had lost my passport back in Europe, and arrived with a blank new passport to re-enter Thailand. Would I then get a 30 day stamp and the local immigration office would then put my old visa/extension stamp in my new passport?