Thailand tourism: Chinese New Year down! "No positives" as Thais face tough year ahead

webfact

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

these types articles never mention AirBNB which the Chinese love. 

Many Chinese owned/speaking condos for rent and setup to cater to Chinese.   

why put up with no English speaking hotels?

far less misunderstanding.

Exactly!  Air BnB ... you know .. the illegal enterprise undermining the hotel industry, and compromising the safety of condo residents, while completely defeating the ability of national security to track "bad guys" ... all shined up and put in a pretty party dress so no one will THINK about it.

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes. but like all corruption in Thailand, we have to look the other way. 

and we don't want to spook the Chinese condo investors who are buying up the surplus condos now. 

it is a very real thing, they are buying up Hua Hin as we speak.

A Chinese woman here in Hua Hin told me her company is buying 5000 condos and houses here.

Good summary ... I am cursed with the ability to estimate current events with future outcomes .. so .. this does not actually end well.  This is why I am a bit disappointed by my fellow Expats and Travelers who support Air BnB.  Can't wait to read their complaints about noisy neighbors, crowded restaurants, and littered beaches.

12 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Exactly!  Air BnB ... you know .. the illegal enterprise undermining the hotel industry, and compromising the safety of condo residents, while completely defeating the ability of national security to track "bad guys" ... all shined up and put in a pretty party dress so no one will THINK about it.

Isn't it strange how AirBnb works perfectly fine in many other tourist centric places, yet for some reason is outlawed here due to sheer incompetence. 

22 minutes ago, Thian said:

Thailand should be 50% cheaper to compete.

As it was 15 years ago when I arrived to live here ...

I have long hesitated between Thailand and Vietnam;
I already knew Vietnam very well since 1990;
and then things made that it is Thailand and precisely Isaan which is the country where I live ...