Type O visa options at Savannkhet Consulate

I am putting this  question on behalf of myself and another expat in a similar situation.

We are both on extensions based on retirement on original O A visas. We  both have annual applications  coming up for renewal in early around mid February. Neither of us wants to buy into the sad Insurance option . We both would prefer to eventually resume extensions to stay based on retirement rather than marriage. Our idea is to go to Savannakhet  accompanied by our  wives to apply for a Type O visa. Is there an option there based on retirement and already having the nominated funds  for long stay retirement? I have not found any really definitive information as yet about possibilities.

Hi , yes , there is a non-O multiple entry visa based on retirement, I got mine in Dec. 2018 and will be going , like you guys in Feb. also to make a new one.

the requirements asked of me , when I applied last time were , Letter of State Pension award and Letter from Thai Bank showing balance.

fairly straightforward, drop of in the morning , collect the following afternoon.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Hi , yes , there is a non-O multiple entry visa based on retirement, I got mine in Dec. 2018 and will be going , like you guys in Feb. also to make a new one.

the requirements asked of me , when I applied last time were , Letter of State Pension award and Letter from Thai Bank showing balance.

fairly straightforward, drop of in the morning , collect the following afternoon.

I take it that means the combination of income and  deposit?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The pension letter was for proof of retirement that the consulate requires not to prove an income for a combination of the two.

Interesting. I  am retired but I do not receive a pension. At age 66 I can only qualify for a pension if I were to reside in country of origin for more than  6 months of  every year.

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Interesting. I  am retired but I do not receive a pension. At age 66 I can only qualify for a pension if I were to reside in country of origin for more than  6 months of  every year.

Retired without receiving a pension? 

What country do you come from? 

Without an official letter as proof of retirement it will be difficult to get the Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement in Savannakhet. Maybe better go for based on marriage instead. Here's the link to the consulate:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106949-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

KhunBENQ  approx. 40 people on both days.

The Monday , the queue moved quite slow , as the document check takes longer , but not longer than 30 minutes. I arrived at just before 09:00 and about 15 in front of me.

Tuesday , again arrived, just a few minutes before opening time , 14:00 , to collect my passport , wait less than 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Just to confirm , Did my renewal at Savannakhet of my 1 Year non-O multiple entry visa for retirement purposes on Monday/Tuesday of this Week.

Documents provided :-

1) 2 copies of Passport photo/data page

2) 1 copy of UK State Pension letter.

3) Thai Bank statement.

4) 5,000 Baht

This is the same as I presented 15 Months ago when I last applied.

I am not sure whether 3) is a requirement or not , I was asked to provide this last time , so did so again this time , as also my State Pension does not amount to 800,000baht/pa , so the Bank statement makes up for the shortfall. 

HI a3tsw,

Are the requirements/conditions for extension similar as for the 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa?

I.e. 90 days stay allowed per entry, which can be extended by 30 days at local IO?

No financials to be proven?

On 1/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, RC8 said:

Thanks Joe, going this morning. I'll report back any changes.

Hi RC8,

Only saw your post now, but did you succeed in getting the 1-year ME Non Imm O - retirement Visa when applying in Savannakhet a couple of weeks ago?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, a3tsw said:

Just to confirm , Did my renewal at Savannakhet of my 1 Year non-O multiple entry visa for retirement purposes on Monday/Tuesday of this Week.

Documents provided :-

1) 2 copies of Passport photo/data page

2) 1 copy of UK State Pension letter.

3) Thai Bank statement.

4) 5,000 Baht

This is the same as I presented 15 Months ago when I last applied.

I am not sure whether 3) is a requirement or not , I was asked to provide this last time , so did so again this time , as also my State Pension does not amount to 800,000baht/pa , so the Bank statement makes up for the shortfall. 

need show 800,000 in the bank? right?

didn't need the original book?

Great that you can do the combo method there