Did three day trip to Jomtien from BKK last week..

moontang

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it true that it's mainly for gay guys?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That would depend on how you classify the numerous transexuals.  Lots of Russian families there.  The pillowbiters seemed to gather near the beach volleyball court.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You are certainly a big spender,airport bus ,cheap hotel and dingy bars!

Would taking a taxi have made me one of the cool guys?  Didn't step foot in the dirty bars..even at 50 for a small.  Drank Heinekens on the beach.  Hotel was rated a 7.9 on Agoda, which means it is about a 6.  Prices all over the map, and again, if I had paid at the top, would I have been eligible to invest in a local scam?

Beach was about a 4 on a 1-10 scale, compared to Takiab, which is a 2.  Perhaps the Benzyne from the refinery kills most of the echoli.  It's win/win for all.

Another first was a place charging 960 for a box of large Heinekens...they are 799 to 810 at 99.9% of retail outlets in Thailand for you Archa drinkers.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Rompho Complex?  Should be called RLMAO Complex..charging soi cowboy prices at a dump.  Saw the notice up that the property is owned by BKK Christan Hospital and their lease ended last April.  Hope anyone willing to pay the 700k ask for the front bar is aware of that.  Do the biker types really dislike girls that much, or is it the girls dislike them?  And I figured out why the Russians dont go into the bars, to drink...they are mostly hardcore liquor drinkers, and just think for a minute the difference in a Thai made drink and a Russian made drink..one has about 8 times the alcohol.  They sure were buying those three kg bags of fruit for 100 every morning off the trucks.  Nice stuff.  Quite a few drinking sangsom..straight, in front of 711.  Talked to a few and told them I was a resident of Virginia..first words were Marlboros?  Yes, you got it.

Edited by moontang

12 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, and a 6 is more than 5. I personally never choose a hotel below 8.5.

Decent for 15 us per night, but I mistakenly went to the one two streets before, (Oyo), man, what a disgusting KSR type dump that was..after she gave me a key card that didn't work, I decided to let them know about the stained, wrinkled sheets, which I think had been washed..tv and aircon were great.  The Sawasdee franchises are still the only ones I will never stay at, again.  But something tells me OYO is Chinese...but I have been wrong before.  Just checked..Indian.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, androokery said:

@moontang why did you go to Jomtien in the first place?

A friend from high school, just sold his house at Takiab, and he had let me use it on occasion for free.  Was looking for an improvement over Pattaya, where I hadn't been in 9 years.  Considered HH hotels, but so many are a long way from the beach..much better deals at Patts..but when all is said and done, the Express train gets me to HH quicker from Bangsu, than the bus from Swampy, when I add in the time involved getting to BKK.

Edited by moontang

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Khao San Road in Bangkok. OP gave a puzzling answer to your question; I think he is a hiso slumming with us Pattaya and Jomtien oiks. Should we be honoured by his presence? Not living the dream.

Thank you:) I think I was last in Khao San Road in the early nineties. Not impressed then and I don't think I'm part of the preferred age group now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Khao San Road in Bangkok. OP gave a puzzling answer to your question; I think he is a hiso slumming with us Pattaya and Jomtien oiks. Should we be honoured by his presence? Not living the dream.

Based on what I can see on YouTube, any youngish Western person coming to Bangkok for the first time would probably enjoy Khao San Road even now.

16 hours ago, moontang said:

Beach was about a 4 on a 1-10 scale,

If you went to Pattaya for the beach you obviously did no research before travelling.

On my scale of Thai beaches it doesn't even rate 0.

Most farangs don't go to Pattaya for the beach, though Thais seem to like it.

Apologies, wrong beach. Jomptien used to be about a 5 on my scale, but probably about a 2 now.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

14 hours ago, moontang said:

A friend from high school, just sold his house at Takiab, and he had let me use it on occasion for free.  Was looking for an improvement over Pattaya, where I hadn't been in 9 years.  Considered HH hotels, but so many are a long way from the beach..much better deals at Patts..but when all is said and done, the Express train gets me to HH quicker from Bangsu, than the bus from Swampy, when I add in the time involved getting to BKK.

They have buses from North bus terminal to Pattaya- not sure if also to Jomptien, but can get baht bus onward from Pattaya north bus terminal or catch a songtheaw on Sukhumvit to Jomptien for 10 or 20 baht. I don't see why you go all the way to airport.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They have buses from North bus terminal to Pattaya- not sure if also to Jomptien, but can get baht bus onward from Pattaya north bus terminal or catch a songtheaw on Sukhumvit to Jomptien for 10 or 20 baht. I don't see why you go all the way to airport.

Which one of these on today's departure board is going to stop in Patts?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mo+chit+2+bus+terminal+schedule&oq=mo+chitt+bus+terminal+2+scedule&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.15259j0j7&client=ms-android-huawei&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=lut&ltdg=5

13 minutes ago, moontang said:

Both Mochit and Ekamai go to Pattaya bus station, every 10-20 minutes

Good to know.  The airport bus got me from Jomtien to Swampy in 1:40.  It made zero stops.  Outbound took two hours, and made four quick stops in Patts before finishing the trip at the main office in Jomtien.  Might depend on how full they are, as to whether or not they makeall the stops on the way back.  It is an above average bus by Thai standards.  Kind of wished I had done Ekami on the outbound..just to avoid the airport mob...hate Mor CHit, but would like to see how long it takes.  Congestion around there is terrible, maybe even worse than Ekami.  Was doing trips to Ayutthaya last year.  Did the van once, and took the train the other 23 times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, champers said:

Dream?  Or Nightmare of repetitive, meaningless Pay for Play and alcoholism?

What drivel.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Your statement says a lot about the herd mentality attracted to Pattaya, who value money more than accomplishments, people or healthy living. ????

Once upon a time, when I lived in freezing cold winters..just about anyplace warm seemed like paradise...sure it is the same for Hans and Ivan.  The Phuket and Samui folks dont never really impressed me.

• Thanks 1