Did three day trip to Jomtien from BKK last week..

moontang

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you went to Pattaya for the beach you obviously did no research before travelling.

On my scale of Thai beaches it doesn't even rate 0.

Most farangs don't go to Pattaya for the beach, though Thais seem to like it.

Apologies, wrong beach. Jomptien used to be about a 5 on my scale, but probably about a 2 now.

Since it was renovated and reclaimed it surely deserves a point or two. Water is still pretty bad though. 

• Like 1

I do train to swampy then bus to Jomtien when I travel. Faster, cheaper, and safer than other modes.

My guess all those sad bar fly faces were due to you only coming for 3 days.... had hoped for long monologues about how they used to be in special forces....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:10 PM, moontang said:

A friend from high school, just sold his house at Takiab, and he had let me use it on occasion for free.  Was looking for an improvement over Pattaya, where I hadn't been in 9 years.  Considered HH hotels, but so many are a long way from the beach..much better deals at Patts..but when all is said and done, the Express train gets me to HH quicker from Bangsu, than the bus from Swampy, when I add in the time involved getting to BKK.

Well you should have stuck to Pattaya. Jomtien is ok for the beach, immigration and condo's off Dontang beach, but nothing else. Nightlife never has been any good

On 1/13/2020 at 6:58 PM, moontang said:

Decent for 15 us per night, but I mistakenly went to the one two streets before, (Oyo), man, what a disgusting KSR type dump that was..after she gave me a key card that didn't work, I decided to let them know about the stained, wrinkled sheets, which I think had been washed..tv and aircon were great.  The Sawasdee franchises are still the only ones I will never stay at, again.  But something tells me OYO is Chinese...but I have been wrong before.  Just checked..Indian.

OYO is Indian and going out of business lol

On January 13, 2020 at 5:37 PM, moontang said:

Will answer any questions.

Did you think a troll post would impress everyone because your life is so much more interesting than the lives of the barstool zombies you stood in the street watching?

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:56 PM, moontang said:

Would taking a taxi have made me one of the cool guys?  Didn't step foot in the dirty bars..even at 50 for a small.  Drank Heinekens on the beach.  Hotel was rated a 7.9 on Agoda, which means it is about a 6.  Prices all over the map, and again, if I had paid at the top, would I have been eligible to invest in a local scam?

Beach was about a 4 on a 1-10 scale, compared to Takiab, which is a 2.  Perhaps the Benzyne from the refinery kills most of the echoli.  It's win/win for all.

Another first was a place charging 960 for a box of large Heinekens...they are 799 to 810 at 99.9% of retail outlets in Thailand for you Archa drinkers.

"Drank Heinekens on the beach"

Well,that's the proof for being a tourist in Thailand. 

8 hours ago, LALes said:

Yes, you can take the bus from Ekamai to North Pattaya but then you will have to deal with the baht bus

mafia who want 50 baht just to go into Pattaya and probably 75-100 now to go to Jomtien.

Much easier to do the airport bus straight to Jomtien.

Get with it. The bus from Ekamai terminates at Jomtien. From there it is a 10 baht baht bus to Pattaya or Jomtien.  You were ripped off if you payed more. If you get off at earlier stops, walk out the station and flag down the next baht bus, again 10 baht.

• Haha 1

OYO is the fastest growing hotel chain in the world, problem is now they take over dumps, very little refurbishment, then reopen them as dumps, pretty sure they have the Miami in Bangkok which says it all.

Interesting story

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/opinion/the-real-story-of-oyo-rooms-ritesh-agarwal-783004

Edit, sorry not Miami

https://www.oyorooms.com/th/hotels-in-bangkok/

Edited by bartender100
mistake

Decent for 15 us per night, but I mistakenly went to the one two streets before, (Oyo), man, what a disgusting KSR type dump that was..after she gave me a key card that didn't work, I decided to let them know about the stained, wrinkled sheets, which I think had been washed..tv and aircon were great.  The Sawasdee franchises are still the only ones I will never stay at, again.  But something tells me OYO is Chinese...but I have been wrong before.  Just checked..Indian.

so you like to stay in the cheap dumps .... I prefer the Sheraton's or Sofitels ...

16 hours ago, Emdog said:

I do train to swampy then bus to Jomtien when I travel. Faster, cheaper, and safer than other modes.

My guess all those sad bar fly faces were due to you only coming for 3 days.... had hoped for long monologues about how they used to be in special forces....

That is the only way to go these days. Same if I am doing a day trip to Bangkok. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Get with it. The bus from Ekamai terminates at Jomtien. From there it is a 10 baht baht bus to Pattaya or Jomtien.  You were ripped off if you payed more. If you get off at earlier stops, walk out the station and flag down the next baht bus, again 10 baht.

It does? And there's me thinking it went to Reung Ruen Bus Station on North Rd.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Tomatos, tomatoes.....????

Still 10baht into Pattaya if you flag down a baht bus.

Cheers

There's no official baht bus route on North Pattaya Rd. Normally you have to pay much more than 10 baht if you're alone and can flag down a baht bus going west to the Dolphin Roundabout. There are song teaws waiting at the bus-station taking you into Pattaya and even to Jomtien. The price depends on the amount of people. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

There's no official baht bus route on North Pattaya Rd. Normally you have to pay much more than 10 baht if you're alone and can flag down a baht bus going west to the Dolphin Roundabout. There are song teaws waiting at the bus-station taking you into Pattaya and even to Jomtien. The price depends on the amount of people. 

Nah.... 10 baht if your smart,

And it rhymes

On 1/13/2020 at 9:56 PM, moontang said:

Would taking a taxi have made me one of the cool guys?  Didn't step foot in the dirty bars..even at 50 for a small.  Drank Heinekens on the beach.  Hotel was rated a 7.9 on Agoda, which means it is about a 6.  Prices all over the map, and again, if I had paid at the top, would I have been eligible to invest in a local scam?

Beach was about a 4 on a 1-10 scale, compared to Takiab, which is a 2.  Perhaps the Benzyne from the refinery kills most of the echoli.  It's win/win for all.

Another first was a place charging 960 for a box of large Heinekens...they are 799 to 810 at 99.9% of retail outlets in Thailand for you Archa drinkers.

Hope you don't believe the ratings on agoda and similar sites?

Look at the news today re Trivago.

Edited by scorecard

On 1/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, steven100 said:

so you like to stay in the cheap dumps .... I prefer the Sheraton's or Sofitels ...

Sheraton..LOL.  apparently you missed the video of them cleaning the glasses with the toilet brush.

• Like 1

if your doing the hotel thing in pattaya, invest in a good towel and your own pillow (i have a memory foam one i carry around with me).

the stuff provided at the hotel has been used for sex hundreds of times. they cant wash the pillow only the cover.

12 minutes ago, fhickson said:

the stuff provided at the hotel has been used for sex hundreds of times. they cant wash the pillow only the cover.

Most people will be doing the same thing and should worry more about the companion than the pillow and towels.