O-A insurance advice.

I am currently on my extra year of the O-A visa (original visa valid Dec 2018 exp Dec 2019) I left Thailand in May 2019 and returned November 2019 where I was stamped in for another year.  I am currently back in the UK and returning to Thailand in April, now I’m pretty sure I will need the insurance requirements for re-entry.  

I have checked a few of the approved companies on the list and it seems they will only issue certificates to people currently in Thailand, tricky one?  I have checked the UK website also for applications for new O-A visa should acquire a certificate from approved companies on the list.  My question is has anybody on the O-A visa had problems trying to get Thai medical insurance from outside of Thailand.

thanks for any advice.

2 hours ago, Forresttrump said:

now I’m pretty sure I will need the insurance requirements for re-entry.  

Not so, you are using a Non-Imm O-A that was issued prior to Oct 2019, when the insurance requirement was brought in. 

I presume you have a Re-Entry permit, to keep the Permission of Stay to Nov 2020 else you will only be stamped in for 30 days... Visa has expired. 

• Like 2