BANGKOK
kolder

Checking laptops and plastic bags

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

The trolly thing was common in Aus when they first banned bags, probably happened in most of the 74 countries that have introduced similar bag policies.

In Los Angeles, they are used as caravans! 

10 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

In Los Angeles, they are used as caravans! 

They make good BBQ's too !!

Time for the guard shacks to open back up at the entrances to Tesco and Big C parking lots.  I actually saw a family lifting a full grocery trollry into the back of their truck.

I wonder if they re-use them or just throw them away.

4 hours ago, wayned said:

Time for the guard shacks to open back up at the entrances to Tesco and Big C parking lots.  I actually saw a family lifting a full grocery trollry into the back of their truck.

You should have grabbed a picture @wayned. It probably would have gone viral and made you famous.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Never been stopped or seen anyone stopped. If they pulled you up and wanted to see the contents on your laptop, "solly" no have password, in other words "F O" and that would have to be a 1st, as someone said in an earlier post, don't worry your bookmarks are safe 🙂

As for plastic bags, yes Thailand is moving in the right direction as it should be, do your part and get a few bags, other than plastic to do your shopping, the less plastic we throw away or burn, the better off our mother (planet) will be, see the the video video below, and then the link below that which has many video's within it, might help those of us that are looking for alternative ways, i.e. if we give a rat$ a$$.....with the link below the video being ingenious and would work very well here in Thailand where they don't have any recycle opportunities for plastic.

https://www.patreon.com/davehakkens

Take your plastic bags down to the local chippy!

26 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Take your plastic bags down to the local chippy!

?

Could you elaborate on "chippy" please.

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I think that is why there are so many guards walking around Makro car park.

The macro where I shop has one entrance/exit to the parking lot and the guard shack is manned issuing a card on entry and collecting it on departure.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wayned said:

The macro where I shop has one entrance/exit to the parking lot and the guard shack is manned issuing a card on entry and collecting it on departure.

They used to do that in Hua Hin too, but now the huts are empty and people just drive in and out. The guards are always walking around collecting trolleys...............( maybe they are selling them on the quiet....🤔)

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 3:51 AM, wayned said:

Who knows, maybe those miseerable individuals who are frequently still to be found lurking by the front entrances of Tesco Lotus and Big C stores and who used to insist on all "foreign" bags being deposited at the baggage counter will eventually be redeployed for this purpose some time before the start of the 22nd Century, now that they no longer, in effect, have anything to do at their present location.😔