Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Driving at under 90kph in the right lane of highways may become an offence

Recommended Posts

I assume the plan is to use the traffic cams. Better nail that accelerator when overtaking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I see them daily on the 7 motorway but they only seem to target pickups with people in the back.

You are talking about motorway 7; the article talks about highways with more than four lanes ;

that is to say the vast majority of the main roads of Thailand.

( the highways, not highways with more than 4 lanes which are a few ) 
There are very few km of motorways in Thailand and they are all in and around Bangkok.

 

In addition this "announcement" is as usual a "non announcement" since it is written in the Thai highway code that normal traffic must be on the leftmost lane;
the one on the right is only used for overtaking.
When passing from the left, it is only authorized when a vehicle turns right.
So all vehicles that overtake a bus or truck that <deleted> the world off on the right lane are theoretically wrong .

 

As for trucks that do not drive on the left lane, this is for two main reasons:
the first is that roads are made here in spite of common sense

and the second is that far too many trucks are overloaded;

 

the combination of these two reasons means that the left track quickly becomes unusable due to the "manufacture" of rails in an insufficient thickness of bitumen.
It is not for nothing that many crossroads with a heavy traffic of heavy vehicles are gradually transformed by removing the bitumen to replace it with concrete.

 

But ... But if the police actually did its job, it would impose real dissuasive fines on overloaded drivers and owners of vehicles; thing that she does not do or very little ..
So, as usual, in the land of "crackdown" nothing will change ...:jap:

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You are talking about motorway 7; the article talks about highways with more than four lanes ;

that is to say the vast majority of the main roads of Thailand.

 

Yeah my bad, did not realise it was roads with more than 4 lanes.

The motorway only has 4 so I guess thats why it is not included but it would be good if they upgraded the entire motorway 7 to be 120km/h and deal with the A-Holes that do 90 in the RH lanes.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah my bad, did not realise it was roads with more than 4 lanes.

The motorway only has 4 so I guess thats why it is not included but it would be good if they upgraded the entire motorway 7 to be 120km/h and deal with the A-Holes that do 90 in the RH lanes.

 

I do not know the motorway 7, on the other hand I sometimes take the 9 where the speed is limited to 120 km / h ; at least on the part which bypasses Bangkok while going on Souvanaphum and Chonburi while coming from Saraburi .

 

As I wrote above, there are not many highways with more than 4 lanes in Thailand.
most are four-lane and so far the speed limit is 90 km / h.
Speed at which I drive on the left lane, I will write 90/95 meter; and as if by chance, it is at this speed that I have the maximum torque of the engine of my Isuzu 3 liters; therefore minimum consumption ...
most other vehicles including coaches and some trucks overtaking me at sometimes supersonic speeds.

Authorizing a higher speed, 120 km / h will therefore allow many motorists to drive at 140 or 150 per hour.
When we see the annual carnage at 90 an hour we can assume that Thailand will remain number 1 for the number of road deaths for many more years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

 

I do not know the motorway 7, on the other hand I sometimes take the 9 where the speed is limited to 120 km / h ; at least on the part which bypasses Bangkok while going on Souvanaphum and Chonburi while coming from Saraburi .

 

As I wrote above, there are not many highways with more than 4 lanes in Thailand.
most are four-lane and so far the speed limit is 90 km / h.
Speed at which I drive on the left lane, I will write 90/95 meter; and as if by chance, it is at this speed that I have the maximum torque of the engine of my Isuzu 3 liters; therefore minimum consumption ...
most other vehicles including coaches and some trucks overtaking me at sometimes supersonic speeds.

Authorizing a higher speed, 120 km / h will therefore allow many motorists to drive at 140 or 150 per hour.
When we see the annual carnage at 90 an hour we can assume that Thailand will remain number 1 for the number of road deaths for many more years.

Ive not seen a motorway here with more than 4 lanes either.

 

Not sure why raising the speedlimit to 120km/h will allow people to travel at 150km/h.

 

When did Thailand become #1 for road deaths ?

Edited by Don Mega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...