Independence Day: Queen Elizabeth agrees grandson Harry, wife Meghan can exit senior royal role

webfact

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

The queen Elizabeth at 93 and still decides for the whole family for four generations, true that with all the imbeciles of the family she has no choice, and  Meghan not will make also a fatal accident but nothing is sure about this dangerous family, the murderous ancestor is not a good guarantee.

What "...murderous ancestor..." are you talking about?

King Henry VIII?

If so, you've got the wrong dynasty.

• Haha 1

Talk about a non issue. Lots of manufactured drama for an utterly inconsequential and irrelevant change in supposed duties.  But I’m sure Her Worship prefers this silly tempest in a teapot to the very real and HORRENDOUS fact that the royal family is harboring a remorseless paedophile within its safeguarded and privileged sanctuary.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

No demand for an ex prince? You think he wouldn't be able to give lectures, speeches, and get handsomely paid for that?

Thats debatable. Public speakers need expertese in their fields to make seriouse money. eg If your not motivated after listening to Anothony Robins your probably dead. Clinton speaks but hey he was the President so what is Harry qualified in? his biggest claim to fame is striiping naked at a family event and now his title will go so he is just another Harry

What would you pay to see him? I wouldnt part with even 2 satang

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thats debatable. Public speakers need expertese in their fields to make seriouse money. eg If your not motivated after listening to Anothony Robins your probably dead. Clinton speaks but hey he was the President so what is Harry qualified in? his biggest claim to fame is striiping naked at a family event and now his title will go so he is just another Harry

Everything is debatable, these days even facts are not seen as facts anymore. But anyone debating that there will be no demand for Harry as public speaker or any other role is on the losing side of the debate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

The rich pay to rub shoulders with him not to listen so that after they can say "I was with Harry the other night, you know Harry I am sure, ", if they paid extra to talk to him they can say - "I was talking to Harry, you know Harry I am sure, and he said......''

He will have no end of questionable rich people seeking to ingratiate themselves with Royalty - lets face it he is trading off the Royal brand as will she having married into it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

I'm sure he can make money on the talkshow circuit. I'd imagine him and Markle would go down a storm on Oprah but he'll be expected to tell all and "dish the dirt" on the family so he'd better make sure she's not going to upgrade him in the next couple of years or he'll be up the creek without a paddle.

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

so he'd better make sure she's not going to upgrade him in the next couple of years or he'll be up the creek without a paddle.

He's already got 34M (inherited from his mom).

If the worst happens and she takes 17M from him in the divorce, I'm thinking he could live fairly well on the 17M that was left, even without earning some cash by sitting on the boards of banks, and doing the talk show, private appearance, et al.

He's still got his dad (over 70) to sponge off, and inherit a share of his 250M pounds, even if granny cuts him out of the will.

Edited by BritManToo

Well, that's twice Americans have married into the senior Royal Family, and twice they've messed it about.  ????

One thing being held against her in some circles is her being mixed race.  Frankly, if the media hadn't made a fuss about it, I wouldn't have known, I just thought she sunbathed a bit.

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Well, that's twice Americans have married into the senior Royal Family, and twice they've messed it about.  ????

One thing being held against her in some circles is her being mixed race.  Frankly, if the media hadn't made a fuss about it, I wouldn't have known, I just thought she sunbathed a bit.

all you need is love, even when you're a royal, ask Charles

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you missed it but Trump supporters outside of the USA are few in numbers.

And it's not difficult to understand that people don't want to live in a country with a moron for president.

They will have a home in Los Angeles BEFORE Election Day. Just watch!

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He's already got 34M (inherited from his mom).

If the worst happens and she takes 17M from him in the divorce, I'm thinking he could live fairly well on the 17M that was left, even without earning some cash by sitting on the boards of banks, and doing the talk show, private appearance, et al.

He's still got his dad (over 70) to sponge off, and inherit a share of his 250M pounds, even if granny cuts him out of the will.

He'll be fine financially, I meant he'd be a divorcee who has burnt his bridges with his family. He'd better not upset Markle now, and given her history with her ex husband, her own family and the Royal family, she's fairly easy to upset.

image.png.24e34f8105803c83719a0f0184495ce5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Pity he ruined it by tarring the ???????????????????????????? instead of the ????????

Yes he said....."I would say it takes balls to defend his isolated wife, who has had to experience constant and open hostility by the English nation and press." 

I simply think you are wrong there evabgib, (although you could say England is not a nation, it is a country).

The vast majority of Scots (For one) are simply not interested in the royal family one way or the other. Yes most don't want to waste money on them, but our focus is on trying to build a fairer society and offset the damage of Tory austerity. The royals are a non issue. Also the actual "Scottish" press, the Herald, The Scotsman, the Daily Record, the National, The Press and Journal etc, have shown no particular interest in Harry and Meghan. It is indeed the "English" press The Daily Mail (Journalism's answer to syphilis) the Sun, the Express, and Times, etc that have pursued Meghan like a pack of rabid dogs. These papers do publish "Scottish" versions, but they have limited circulation. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, madmen said:

They are worth 69 million combined so they dont need queeny and Markle will pobably make that amount again over then next 20 years in fim and TV. 

I doubt it, she's almost 40. Might get some smaller roles in TV series but the breadwinning days for women in film are over when they hit 35.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Everything is debatable, these days even facts are not seen as facts anymore. But anyone debating that there will be no demand for Harry as public speaker or any other role is on the losing side of the debate.

Of course he will make some coin but nowhere near megans salary. What would you pay him ?

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

No demand for an ex prince? You think he wouldn't be able to give lectures, speeches, and get handsomely paid for that?

Spot on.

Dishing up dirt on the Royal Family could keep Harry and Meghan in lucrative book deals for the rest of their lives.  The well-paid personal appearances would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

The rich pay to rub shoulders with him not to listen so that after they can say "I was with Harry the other night, you know Harry I am sure, ", if they paid extra to talk to him they can say - "I was talking to Harry, you know Harry I am sure, and he said......''

He will have no end of questionable rich people seeking to ingratiate themselves with Royalty - lets face it he is trading off the Royal brand as will she having married into it.

Good ponts. he could auction off a small dinner party "A night with harry uncut" etc. Buffet charges around a mill but Im sure Harry an ex prince could get around 5k a head

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Good ponts. he could auction off a small dinner party "A night with harry uncut" etc. Buffet charges around a mill but Im sure Harry an ex prince could get around 5k a head

Easy $100-250k per event.

Edited by mokwit

they also seek a lifestyle less encumbered by royal duties and to end their reliance on public funding.

As a UK taxpayer, I'm delighted. Hopefully, the mass media will now stop bombarding us with every boring detail of their insignificant little lives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

they also seek a lifestyle less encumbered by royal duties and to end their reliance on public funding.

As a UK taxpayer, I'm delighted. Hopefully, the mass media will now stop bombarding us with every boring detail of their insignificant little lives.

fat chance,

UK taxpayers just love insignificant Windsors of German origin

always prepared to shower them in tons of pounds, or maybe it is still guinea?

they can never get enough of 'em - look at the newspapers, Brexit relegated to page 8 or 10 or thereabouts

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Easy $100-250k per event.

How long will that last before the novelty wears off and punters tell there mates ..forget about it he had nothing to say that already wasnt in the press. I give him 2 years of interest before he dissapears unless he strips off again and streaks at the Canadian ice hockey championships.

His publicity came from the British tabloids but now he is on his own. Just another harry who failed at being a prince

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

How long will that last before the novelty wears off and punters tell there mates ..forget about it he had nothing to say that already wasnt in the press. I give him 2 years of interest before he dissapears unless he strips off again and streaks at the Canadian ice hockey championships.

His publicity came from the British tabloids but now he is on his own. Just another harry who failed at being a prince

2 years, 3 events per week at 100k, 12 weeks vacation, means 24 million.

2 hours ago, madmen said:

What worldly topics could he discuss? 

Ship him and their whole family of parasites off to Canada, their rent-a-celebrity novelty would soon wear off.

'At Home With The Windsors' a freak show for the 2020s

• Haha 1

Interesting comments from the TV crew.  Not many complimentary, but I am not in a position to judge who is right and who is wrong.  I am just grateful we have the Queen as Head of Australia.....why?  Because it keeps us away from a p1zz ant republic that some keep insisting on.....why?  Because the p1zz ant republic will be loaded against the common man if the corrupt and or inept politician's in Crapberra get their way. Australia needs to go back to our original 1901 constitution and be done with the changes made since 1974.