I'm a big fan of the game in Korea.  I would rate myself as an

intermediate player.  Looking to play if anyone has time AND

knows where we can do this on Phuket.

I'll have my own discs and extras.

Edited by LeungKen
Font Size

36 minutes ago, Chefgno said:

Hi

Im a local here and I love throwing the frisbee around. Is that similar to your sport???

Not from my experience. The discs used in golf are much different than the old Frisbees. There is a course not too far from my place, and I'll go over to fool around with my big old Frisbee while others have small, dense discs that can go very far if the right technique is used. I found one -- a good one apparently, and someone tried to show me how to toss it properly, but I'll be damned if I can get a good long straight shot.  It always hooks badly and quickly. 

There are even various discs these people use, designated as a "driver", etc, as with golf clubs, and I've seen people out there with a dozen or more discs in their "golf bag". I was amazed! i    

Edited by Inn Between

On 1/16/2020 at 8:48 PM, Inn Between said:

Not from my experience. The discs used in golf are much different than the old Frisbees. There is a course not too far from my place, and I'll go over to fool around with my big old Frisbee while others have small, dense discs that can go very far if the right technique is used. I found one -- a good one apparently, and someone tried to show me how to toss it properly, but I'll be damned if I can get a good long straight shot.  It always hooks badly and quickly. 

There are even various discs these people use, designated as a "driver", etc, as with golf clubs, and I've seen people out there with a dozen or more discs in their "golf bag". I was amazed! i    

Inn Between

Where is this place located? I'll have to stop by sometime to check it out.

1 hour ago, Chefgno said:

Inn Between

Where is this place located? I'll have to stop by sometime to check it out.

I'm not in Thailand at the moment -- back in Canada these days until family issues are sorted out. Sorry to get your hopes up with the chance of one in Thailand. I didn't know of any frisbee golf courses when I was there for several years in the Na Jomtien area, so we'd just use palm trees as targets and rough out a course that way. It's not as good or challenging but an okay substitute. I think Koh Samui has a disc golf set up there.