Day five in hunt for callous gold shop robber: All the latest

webfact

9 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I also heard thai tv says they know who it is and he walked with a bit of a limp due to a previous motorcycle accident!

If they know this surely it cant be long before they arrest him?

If they have his name, then as others have pointed out, all they need is his mothers address.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

note to self. Make own guns and ammo which is actually pretty easy and leave the phone at home.

Sure the guy will have made a mental note already and will ditch the gun and pretend it was stolen. Most thais know not to take phones because from stories i have heard which i assume would be common practice is the police can get this info on anyone anytine regardless of court orders. Just another way to watch the sometimes innocent like these stupid police boxes on every street corner. Purpose is watching and control. 

Actually surprised no one tried to follow this guy. I know i would atleast try from a safe a distance as possible or taken him out while riding by kicking his bars.

...Im surprised also how he was able to walk through the doors of this mall clad in balaclava and waving this firearm about...sort of stands out...and not one Brave-heart in sight before/during/after this terrible event.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I am intrigued by the use of a silencer . Who uses them , the military or public firing ranges ?

Even if they know his identity he could be well gone a few days ago both legally or otherwise . 

May not be Thai , so could be  difficult to trace . CCTV cameras are every where in the UK but in Thailand often poorly maintained .  These type of robberies are often  rehearsed or the premises cased out a few days before and the villains identity is exposed and captured on CCTV .  Pro villains do not carry mobile phones as their tracibility is as good as a set of fingerprints .

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai society has been shocked by the case, notes Thaivisa, due to the extreme violence and unusual modus operandi of the robber.

yes .....  they know thai's can steal and cheat but the seemingly random shooting has them intrigued. 

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

what exactly would you check at a military base ?

Not much, but maybe asking if anyone deserted recently or suddenly stared flashing money.   

Edited by AAArdvark

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

With that in mind one would imagine there is some sort of CCTV footage, in the last couple of weeks, of the guy casing the shop, maybe even making a purchase.

Good point... I was thinking along the same lines.

The police say they're checking CCTV at many locations after the event...

this guy didn't pick this place at random, he knew it well, location, entry exit etc and must have done a few walk-by's in the previous days to select the best time of day to do it!

I would check all CCTV within or around that mall over the previous month!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Some people on here making lame comments about the police. The guy was covered from head to toe, very difficult to I.D. somebody like this. It looks like they are being very comprehensive and covering all their bases in finding this murderer. They will find him eventually....a lot of resources are being used to find this scumbag. Most criminals are not the smartest pigs in the sty....at some point he will have slipped up. If he had no phone, the motor scooter is the next clue unless it was stolen, and the gun and the ammo....they are checking gun clubs and shooting ranges. This doesn’t sound like Keystone Cops to me. I think it will be resolved in another week or less.

I agree with you. The reports of the measures they are taking could very well bear fruit. We have to hope so.

10 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Some people on here making lame comments about the police. The guy was covered from head to toe, very difficult to I.D. somebody like this. It looks like they are being very comprehensive and covering all their bases in finding this murderer. They will find him eventually....a lot of resources are being used to find this scumbag. Most criminals are not the smartest pigs in the sty....at some point he will have slipped up. If he had no phone, the motor scooter is the next clue unless it was stolen, and the gun and the ammo....they are checking gun clubs and shooting ranges. This doesn’t sound like Keystone Cops to me. I think it will be resolved in another week or less.

Agree accept how do you know it was a guy ?

1 hour ago, newnative said:

For a start, where each soldier was at the time of the robbery.  

Height. Unusually tall for a Thai. Army has records as does the Bat Prashsshon of every Thai. Might be a manual file job though, no relational database.

9 hours ago, mercman24 said:

the report says that NO CHECKS ON MILITARY BASES , (<deleted>) well if that was me, that would be the first place i would look, this was an act of a cold killer. maybe proved wrong but that is my theory. thats a big reward, maybe his girlfriend will dob him in for borrowing her FINO ?? 

Read the articles to see why they might not have done that for perfectly rational reasons. Of course  you might be proven right.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

...Im surprised also how he was able to walk through the doors of this mall clad in balaclava and waving this firearm about...sort of stands out...and not one Brave-heart in sight before/during/after this terrible event.

Are you serious? Did you see what he did to those poor people? Do you know that no one challenged him? Do you know what he was saying and how he was acting before his snivellingly cowardly attack?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Good point... I was thinking along the same lines.

The police say they're checking CCTV at many locations after the event...

this guy didn't pick this place at random, he knew it well, location, entry exit etc and must have done a few walk-by's in the previous days to select the best time of day to do it!

I would check all CCTV within or around that mall over the previous month!

There is also a very good chance that he has revisited the scene as murderers and other nasties often do.

9 hours ago, rgrdns said:
"Robinson's have given 100,000 baht to each of the families that lost a loved one and 50,000 baht to the injured while Central Group have donated 43,000 baht to each victim." 

These are the donations of big multi-nationals coming up with such ridiculous small amounts....no shame?!  

Might not be a lot of money, but considering the fact that they were under absolutely no obligation to make any payment, I do find it quite generous of 'em. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be an appropriate amount to pay voluntarily

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He first shot a random guy standing in the mall entrance, then the two people buying gold, then the gold saleswoman, and a boy of 2 and then killed a defenceless security guard who had jumped to the ground in KFC. 

This is a bizarre case as he basically just starting shooting everyone & anyone indiscriminately and didn’t actually take too much gold.  

Hence why there could be more to this then meets the eye.

The couple buying gold were prominent business people, nevertheless, hypothetically if it was to do with them, how would he know exactly the right second to make a fake gold shop robbery while they were there. 

This was well planned, as normally the Thai cops catch the offenders easily as they have not covered their face properly or not hidden their bike plate.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

He first shot a random guy standing in the mall entrance, then the two people buying gold, then the gold saleswoman, and a boy of 2 and then killed a defenceless security guard who had jumped to the ground in KFC. 

This is a bizarre case as he basically just starting shooting everyone & anyone indiscriminately and didn’t actually take too much gold.  

The couple buying gold were prominent business people, nevertheless, hypothetically if it was to do with them, how would he know exactly the right second to make a fake gold shop robbery while they were there. 

This was well planned, as normally the Thai cops catch the offenders easily as they have not covered their face properly or not hidden their bike plate.   

I recall an incident with a very similar modus operandi a few years ago. Guy walks into a gold shop and shoots some person in cold blood. Maybe a security guy , I don't remember but certainly not someone trying to be a hero. No idea if he was caught. Maybe the same person?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

With that in mind one would imagine there is some sort of CCTV footage, in the last couple of weeks, of the guy casing the shop, maybe even making a purchase.

good idea, he probably used the same Fino to case the gold shop. May have left his phone outside in the Fino, so sim would be pinging the local cell towers until he left the scene.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

The only one he can be certain is going to be in their normal location is the salesperson in the gold shop . He could have checked out the gold shop salespersons routine on a previous visit and as it was nearly closing time figured she wouldn’t be on break etc. 
This is of course working on the assumption that it was a “ hit “ and not a robbery, the other unfortunate victims were probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Checking cctv in all the mall going ack as far as possible is hopefully ongoing, he does have a distinctive walk although the backpack slung low in front of him might have contributed to that.

12 hours ago, rgrdns said:
"Robinson's have given 100,000 baht to each of the families that lost a loved one and 50,000 baht to the injured while Central Group have donated 43,000 baht to each victim." 

These are the donations of big multi-nationals coming up with such ridiculous small amounts....no shame?!  

i was thinking the same

Central group alone has an annual revenue of more 10 billions of US $ 

It's like if someone dies drowned in my garden pool and i give 50 cents

saying to the family  ''sorry but the security was not at the best here''

a minimum of decency would be to give at least 500 000 by dead victim

plus they should offer a reward of 1 million of baths for any information ending 

in the capture of the killer.

3 hours ago, djayz said:

Might not be a lot of money, but considering the fact that they were under absolutely no obligation to make any payment, I do find it quite generous of 'em. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be an appropriate amount to pay voluntarily

Maybe no legal obligation

but at least a moral obligation

you don't think if you go in a shopping mall it's the

responsability of the center to assure you will be safe during your shopping?

I recognize you can't prevent everything, and this brutal and lethal action is

very difficult to counter, but still the moral obligation is here imo