Day five in hunt for callous gold shop robber: All the latest

webfact

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Good point... I was thinking along the same lines.

The police say they're checking CCTV at many locations after the event...

this guy didn't pick this place at random, he knew it well, location, entry exit etc and must have done a few walk-by's in the previous days to select the best time of day to do it!

I would check all CCTV within or around that mall over the previous month!

Agree

and he should even had worked here, in the technic or security part

i have noticed he knows already how to open the automatic door

when he is on his way back and the door refuses to open

he just gives a violent blow with his shoulder on the side door

where everybody with no clue would probably have tried to explose the 

door part in front of him with a metalic stuff or just firing a shot at it

4 hours ago, djayz said:

Might not be a lot of money, but considering the fact that they were under absolutely no obligation to make any payment, I do find it quite generous of 'em. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be an appropriate amount to pay voluntarily

I would guess those are "suggested amounts". Pay or else. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

If they wanted him to be caught by now, he'd be caught by now. 

Not sure

each country has seen dangerous criminals hunted down for months or years

it's not so easy if the guy doesn't make mistakes.

Their best chance to catch him is with information from someone who knows him

it's why the reward for this information needs to be much more higher. 

In this case imo 1 million bahts is a minimum

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Their best chance to catch him is with information from someone who knows him

it's why the reward for this information needs to be much more higher. 

In this case imo 1 million bahts is a minimum

If they wanted him caught they'd have had his name and face all over the newspapers and social media. 

In horrific cases like this in my country and probably yours as well, the police put the squeeze on the underworld. All scams and rackets shut down, no blind eyes, no green lights, no tolerance whatsoever.

The criminal world is a vast  network and very little escapes it's gsze. This is not to say the culprit is a member of the underworld but do they know who he is, possibly. 

Having said that an integral part of the Thai underworld is of course the RTP its self. 

Hmm? 

On 1/14/2020 at 8:45 AM, mercman24 said:

the report says that NO CHECKS ON MILITARY BASES , (<deleted>) well if that was me, that would be the first place i would look, this was an act of a cold killer. maybe proved wrong but that is my theory. thats a big reward, maybe his girlfriend will dob him in for borrowing her FINO ?? 

Fino, not exactly a man's choice of bike...

As you say, his girlfriend may be wearing a lot of bling, or just dob him in for a reward...

19 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Have you any idea how many unsolved crimes there are throughout the world?

Who talks about the world here and tries to drown the fish?

It happens in Thailand where generally the police know the thief or the murderer before the act is committed.
I repeat what I wrote above; if it is a policeman or a soldier they will never find it and replace it with a scapegoat;
because it is impossible here to lose face after having written and repeated a thousand times: "we will find him ".
(see Koh Tao or Kanchanaburi about fifteen years ago).

22 hours ago, rgrdns said:
"Robinson's have given 100,000 baht to each of the families that lost a loved one and 50,000 baht to the injured while Central Group have donated 43,000 baht to each victim." 

These are the donations of big multi-nationals coming up with such ridiculous small amounts....no shame?!  

It is sad when you consider liability insurance cover is like 5 million dollars in many countries. 

But LOS they can self insure of have none at all.

(TripAdvisor actually mentions the same, and very little chance of getting a payout if a tourist is injured here, due to the legal system...)

This is Thailand...

19 hours ago, todlad said:

Are you serious? Did you see what he did to those poor people? Do you know that no one challenged him? Do you know what he was saying and how he was acting before his snivellingly cowardly attack?

..hey!...try to follow the story...It appears on the video..there is no sound so one can only deduce what one sees.

The guy walked in through the sliding doors already disguised and toting the gun..he was not challenged..he walked past the young woman who just looked at him and kept walking..I would not expect her to tackle him but would have thought she had stopped and did an about turn when she spotted him..my point is he obviously entered from another public area and approached the electric doors and yet no-one did anything.

My comment about this terrible tragedy stop right at there, not what he did as he reached the small group of persons on the right nor the counter.

22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

what exactly would you check at a military base ?

...just look at the sloppy way he walks throwing his feet out, particularly his left foot, may have a knee problem or right hip...IMHO not a military person.

22 hours ago, tandor said:

...Im surprised also how he was able to walk through the doors of this mall clad in balaclava and waving this firearm about...sort of stands out...and not one Brave-heart in sight before/during/after this terrible event.

Im surprised at 'laughing' and 'confused' emojis...

The guy walked in through the sliding doors already disguised and toting the gun..he was not challenged..he walked past the young woman who just looked at him and kept walking..I would not expect her to tackle him but would have thought she had stopped and did an about turn when she spotted him..my point is he obviously entered from another public area and approached the electric doors and yet no-one did anything.

My comment about this terrible tragedy stop right at there, not what he did as he reached the small group of persons on the right nor the counter.

There was mention of the Security guard being shot...was he at the counter or outside the entrance to the store?

On 1/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, webfact said:

Weight is still being given to the idea that the man has a military background

"Sanook reported there had been no checks on military camps. "

So not much weight or will the Army not let the Police in 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"Sanook reported there had been no checks on military camps. "

So not much weight or will the Army not let the Police in 

regards Worgeordie

The killer doesn't act like a military trained one

from my experience, using a hand gun you has a better

chance to hit your target if you use your 2 hands, one to grip the firearm

and the other hand to stabilize when you shot.

On the video it's clear he uses only one hand to shot, and not even trying to aim at the

target before to shot, doesn't sound like someone with a military background imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

using a hand gun you has a better

But that also presents your full chest to the enemy.

Many think standing side on, and using one hand makes a shootout more survivable.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

But that also presents your full chest to the enemy.

Many think standing side on, and using one hand makes a shootout more survivable.

I can assure you it's possible to standing side on and still using the 2 hands

it's even the regulatory position to advance in hostile terrain using a handgun

4 hours ago, tandor said:

..hey!...try to follow the story...It appears on the video..there is no sound so one can only deduce what one sees.

That is not what you said previously. Like many people commenting on this thread, you came out with something silly. Highly trained soldiers would be hesitant to get involved with that man until they were able to get themselves in a much more dominant and safe position than stumbling across him as he entered a small.

However, some brave souls do just that: they see, they react and they do what they can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

The killer doesn't act like a military trained one

from my experience, using a hand gun you has a better

On the video it's clear he uses only one hand to shot, and not even trying to aim at the

target before to shot, doesn't sound like someone with a military background imo.

Since when is the average Thai actually good at what they do?

He could be fairly well trained and still not be up to international standards of what a soldier should be. Iraq troops come to mind when I think of poorly trained soldiers, yet they were still in the military.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Since when is the average Thai actually good at what they do?

He could be fairly well trained and still not be up to international standards of what a soldier should be. Iraq troops come to mind when I think of poorly trained soldiers, yet they were still in the military.

Yes i get your point and you are right

however even a ''bad'' soldier with low skills has some basics ''reflexes'' from the training.

One of them is you never ever enter in a ''hostile area'' with your handgun

in one hand at the hip shoting at random targets.

Doesn't make sense at all, even for someone with a minimal knowledge.

You see people acting like this only in the movies or in the videogames.

For me it's more the act of a civilian

18 hours ago, todlad said:

That is not what you said previously. Like many people commenting on this thread, you came out with something silly. Highly trained soldiers would be hesitant to get involved with that man until they were able to get themselves in a much more dominant and safe position than stumbling across him as he entered a small.

However, some brave souls do just that: they see, they react and they do what they can.

..i made a general comment about him entering the mall unchallenged dressed in that manner..seems these robbers can walk right up to a counter where they just help themselves...frightening stuff.

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes i get your point and you are right

however even a ''bad'' soldier with low skills has some basics ''reflexes'' from the training.

One of them is you never ever enter in a ''hostile area'' with your handgun

in one hand at the hip shoting at random targets.

Doesn't make sense at all, even for someone with a minimal knowledge.

You see people acting like this only in the movies or in the videogames.

For me it's more the act of a civilian

Or could be Thai armed forces, I don't recall anyone ever accusing them of being professional or well-trained,

• Haha 1