Day five in hunt for callous gold shop robber: All the latest

webfact

29 minutes ago, tandor said:

..i made a general comment about him entering the mall unchallenged dressed in that manner..seems these robbers can walk right up to a counter where they just help themselves...frightening stuff.

There is always the question of what we should do ... who really knows until something unusual happens to an ordinary person.

I asked Mrs T last night what Thais might know that we don't. She said someone said he saw this moron as he arrived on his bike and took his gun out of his bag. The man hid behind his pickup but as the murderer moved on the man stood up only to find that the murderer turned round and pointed his gun at him. He crouched down again.

At this stage, he wondered what to do: drive over the motorbike; wait for the murderer to reappear then follow him ... 

The man said he had his young niece with him and wanted to keep her safe.

Is that a true story? Did he call the police? Would I have done anything different?

1 hour ago, todlad said:

There is always the question of what we should do ... who really knows until something unusual happens to an ordinary person.

I asked Mrs T last night what Thais might know that we don't. She said someone said he saw this moron as he arrived on his bike and took his gun out of his bag. The man hid behind his pickup but as the murderer moved on the man stood up only to find that the murderer turned round and pointed his gun at him. He crouched down again.

At this stage, he wondered what to do: drive over the motorbike; wait for the murderer to reappear then follow him ... 

Is that a true story? Did he call the police? Would I have done anything different?

Yes nobody knows how we could react before to be in a real situation like that

the stress and the fear can paralyze. and usualy you have only few seconds

to take a decision, good or bad and with your (And your beloved) survival as an issue if you are wrong.

In this case the good reflexes should be

1\ as soon as you are sure the killer is far enough

run over his motorbike with your pickup

2\ drive far enough from the scene to be in a safe area

3\ alert the police and give the most precise and short informations

1 robber, apparently alone, masked and armed. at this location

But i admit the 1\ require a lot of courage

how to be sure he doesn't have an accomplice on

the other side of the street or at the corner, armed too and ready to fire on you?

Edited by kingofthemountain

On 1/14/2020 at 10:57 AM, rgrdns said:
"Robinson's have given 100,000 baht to each of the families that lost a loved one and 50,000 baht to the injured while Central Group have donated 43,000 baht to each victim." 

These are the donations of big multi-nationals coming up with such ridiculous small amounts....no shame?!  

It's a nice gesture nevertheless. And if you compare it to the El Paso aid from Walmart, it comes down to +-1/3rd per victim. Considering the economy in the US is stronger and Walmart is way larger (nr 1 company by revenue) i'd say it's within proportion.

Edited by GeoMill

6 hours ago, todlad said:

...well i would run towards the drama unfolding and try to draw his attention away by shouting and screaming at him..i would rather sacrifice an injury to myself than see a child of any age harmed..i hope they apprehend him soon with no further loss of life.

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes nobody knows how we could react before to be in a real situation like that

the stress and the fear can paralyze. and usualy you have only few seconds

to take a decision, good or bad and with your (And your beloved) survival as an issue if you are wrong.

In this case the good reflexes should be

1\ as soon as you are sure the killer is far enough

run over his motorbike with your pickup

2\ drive far enough from the scene to be in a safe area

3\ alert the police and give the most precise and short informations

1 robber, apparently alone, masked and armed. at this location

But i admit the 1\ require a lot of courage

how to be sure he doesn't have an accomplice on

the other side of the street or at the corner, armed too and ready to fire on you?

..it looked as if that gent in the black suit went to the electric doors and flipped the lock..followed by the robber having to shoulder the door to spring it open..for a moment there they momentarily trapped him, but it then looks as if he chased and fired at that man..he did a brave thing and may have been shot too...RIP those deceased.

• Like 1

Sanook reported there had been no checks on military camps. 

Weird. There's a GI who was stationed in Germany many moons ago who'd robbed a taxi driver and injured the woman.

They later found the robber and the cab driver's purse was still under his pillow when they arrested him.

Wouldn't that be the first place to look at? I might be wrong, but....TIT

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Sanook reported there had been no checks on military camps. 

Weird. There's a GI who was stationed in Germany many moons ago who'd robbed a taxi driver and injured the woman.

They later found the robber and the cab driver's purse was still under his pillow when they arrested him.

Wouldn't that be the first place to look at? I might be wrong, but....TIT

They have no special reason to check on military camps

it should be a waste of time and efforts at the moment.

just because the killer was dressed with a camo pant doesn't

mean he is a military. as you know already half of the Thais have camo pants

because these pants are second hand cheap af on the markets.

Plus the pant used by the killer wasn't even a regulatory military thai clothing.