Why British dementia patients are being sent to Thailand

webfact

I would be really interested in hearing more the facilities that someone built in the Philippines. Where are these? And where in Thailand are you building? it's not hard to believe that dementia care in SE Asia is growing!

My wife and I own a design (architecture, interior, branding) agency. We've completed 4 'elder care' facilities in the past two years: two in the Philippines, two in Mexico. Three more coming down the pipe, one in Thailand, two in Panama. Not everyone there has dementia, but they seem to care less if they do. 

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think you haven't read the thread based on your comment

oh, someone is not able to understand rather simplistic humour. 

Brits that have dimensia (i.e. memory issues etc.) sent to Thailand because of cost to be housed here.  They may not even know they are not in England since dimensia affects short term memory.  All they see is a bunch of Brits at the house / hospice and all the people who look after the place are foreign to them (then there is a dead giveaway that this was humourous for people that don't understand - the rolling laughing face with tears).

Got enough of them here that don't have dimensia and have problems with foreigners ...

11 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

oh, someone is not able to understand rather simplistic humour. 

Brits that have dimensia (i.e. memory issues etc.) sent to Thailand because of cost to be housed here.  They may not even know they are not in England since dimensia affects short term memory.  All they see is a bunch of Brits at the house / hospice and all the peoundple who look after the place are foreign to them (then there is a dead giveaway that this was humourous for people that don't understand - the rolling laughing face with tears).

Got enough of them here that don't have dimensia and have problems with foreigners ...

Suggest you post in the Jokes section as Brits are not being sent to Thailand, if your relative has dementia or alzheimer's and that person is deemed to be a self funder due to savings or property some families are choosing to send them to Thailand as the quality of care is superior to their own country, they have been welcomed by the Thai Goverment and more than likely bring more revenue to Thailand in a single month than what you do in 5 years and none of the patients or their familes are complaining only a few idiots on this forum

Edited by vinny41