Video: Nasty foreign "guest" on police radar after cashier scams across several provinces

webfact

Video: Nasty foreign "guest" on police radar after cashier scams across several provinces

4pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Warning! Nasty foreign "khaek". I've already paid you - I want my change".

Picture: 77kaoded

Police in Phetchabun are hunting what 77kaoded called a "nasty foreign khaek" who has been scamming restaurants and shops in three provinces. 

The word khaek is often used contemptuously of people from India and neighboring countries. It also means "guest" in Thai.

A video showed the modus operandi of the scammer who buys things like beer with a 1,000 baht note before asking for his money back. 

Using English he confuses cashiers with glib banter then convinces them he has not only paid but needs his change. 

A restaurant owner called Suphakit referred to the man as a "khaek scammer". 

Pol Capt Saksorn of the Phetchabun police said that the man was a Pakistani and issued a picture of the suspect. Capt Saksorn asked for information to be supplied to him on 088 280 9085. 

The man is known to have scammed shops and restaurants in Phetchabun, Uttaradit and Phitsanulok. 

Saksorn said that many thefts have probably gone unreported as sums involved were small. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-14

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Its all right think of it like getting tax back after all the billions this indian has splurged here. More free Visas to crims and sick chinese i say!!!!

Now I know how they get to the figure of "10,000 baht a day" that Indian tourists supposedly spend. - The guy, Indian (?) ran this scam 10 times in a day...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How odd, 

The normal scam is you hand the cashier/waitress 1,000bht, and they claim it was only 500bht when they come back with change.

Agreed... I dont understand how this works unless it really is.. pass 1000b.. ask for 1000b back.. ask for change.. How sub normal an IQ would you have to have to then give him more money than he gave you at that point.. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Agreed... I dont understand how this works unless it really is.. pass 1000b.. ask for 1000b back.. ask for change.. How sub normal an IQ would you have to have to then give him more money than he gave you at that point.. 

10 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Lots of sub normal people here when it comes to Maths; they can barely add 2+2 without a calculator !

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How odd, 

The normal scam is you hand the cashier/waitress 1,000bht, and they claim it was only 500bht when they come back with change.

truth be told, I have had this one attempted on me several times.

one time I bought a bunch of  stuff at 7eleven and the price was higher (I count and add up as I go), had to ask gf about whats on the receipt (cause I can't read Thai) and she said there was an extra sausage on there

I never even had one of those but know that they can't scan a sausage and the UPC codes are under the little oven where they are cooked and have to manually be scanned.

I think the scam is, you scan the extra item.. if the foreigner who can't read the itemized list doesn't return then its yours!

not unlike the gas station scam that they didn't zero the pumps mind you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Morons and scum like this come in all colours and nationalities and Thailand seems to attract more than it's fair share.

Completely agree. However the Chinese and Indians (of which this bloke was not) are the ones that take the majority of the dirt handed out by our resident xenophobes.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How odd, 

That has happened to me.  Now, I make a point to clearly say “one thousand baht”  when I hand them the note. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

How is anyone supposed to recognise him if his face is blurred waste of time showing the video .

ok you recognize him then, (when no black stripe present, and speed off to the police station, you tried to call but 'ok' was it....@ the station it takes 1 hour to find somebody who suppose to speak English and tries to convince you to beat the suspect up that stole your money with a wooden club.........after recognizing mission impossible they laugh their butt out for an hour!

Thai only, no point in posting here.